Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 04 2013
By: Rooee4 First Son 1 posts

second internal pc hard drive streaming.

2 replies 209 views Edited May 4, 2013

we use our ps3 to stream movies from my pc. i have recently added a second hard drive to my pc and cant get my ps3 to register there is another hard drive present. can anyone help me figure out how to watch vids from my second hard drive? which is for media storage and doesnt have the operating system on. Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 3 (209 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15608 posts

Re: second internal pc hard drive streaming.

May 4, 2013

The PS3 doesn't know anything about how many hard drives your PC has.  The PS3 can't access your PC hard drives.  Only the DLNA media server can do that.  If your media server knows about the content on the second hard drive, then your PS3 will be able to access it. If you have not added the content on the second hard drive to your media server's library, then there is no way for the PS3 to access any of the media on that drive.

GKP
Message 2 of 3 (203 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1546 posts

Re: second internal pc hard drive streaming.

May 4, 2013

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/settings/connectdlna.html

You have to do it within windows media player. For the new drive follow these directions.

Start Windows Media® Player 11.

Select [Media Sharing] from the [Library] menu.

Check [Share media].

From the list of devices under the [Share media] checkbox, select the devices that you want to share data with, and then select [Allow].

Select [OK].
Setup for the DLNA Media Server is completed.

Message 3 of 3 (189 Views)
0 Likes