Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
188 posts

Re: How do i Avoid YLOD???

Apr 27, 2009

xFoxhound wrote:
Well im pretty scared now. I've had a ps3 60gig since launch and by all means neccessary i will do anything possible to avoid this crucial death.

Sorry man, it cant be avoided at all, it just happens ether you like it or not and don't listen to the jokers out there saying just keep it well ventilated... they are just uneducated about the subject at hand!

You FAIL like my console did!
YLOD victim as of 3-9-09 and again on 7-12-09
Man up SONY and free fix your lemons!
Message 21 of 43 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
188 posts

Apr 27, 2009

RedArmy93 wrote:

Robbob wrote:

i also own a 60 gig from launch and it ran for two years perfectly until i got the yellow light of death sorry to say that the 60 gig is very prone to catching this so be prepared id say back ur harddrive up oftenly just in case also the main prob with them breaking is the ps3 power supply which seems to be the cause of 60 gigs dying

GOOD LUCK with ur 60 gig though i love mine still even though it broke owell $H!T happens

Don't tell lies. There is no proof whatsoever that the other models have a better chance, remember as the electronic equipment gets older, they tend to break more often than the new ones for sale at the time. In other words, those models, when they hit 2 or three, they may fail in simiar numbers. By no means can the 60GB be called defective as you imply. With age, things break.

By no means the 60GB be called defective, LOL..... THEY ARE DEFECTIVE JUST LIKE YOUR WORDS, NUFF SAID SONY BOY! LuLz

You FAIL like my console did!
YLOD victim as of 3-9-09 and again on 7-12-09
Man up SONY and free fix your lemons!
Message 22 of 43 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
907 posts

Apr 27, 2009

Psychomentality wrote:

xFoxhound wrote:
Well im pretty scared now. I've had a ps3 60gig since launch and by all means neccessary i will do anything possible to avoid this crucial death.

Sorry man, it cant be avoided at all, it just happens ether you like it or not and don't listen to the jokers out there saying just keep it well ventilated... they are just uneducated about the subject at hand!

i agree people need to stop defending sony and their crapie warranty
Message 23 of 43 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

Apr 27, 2009

How do i Avoid YLOD???

There are two very simple ways:

1. Remove the indicator light, i guarantee this to work, you'll never see a yellow light.

2. Don't buy a PS3.

PSP
Message 24 of 43 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2565 posts

Apr 27, 2009
Don't buy a PS3 and I agree with you it's going to eventually lead up to that, because as most of these morons on here talk their just trying to defend Sony by saying dust your room or clean your house like were some type of incompoop that takes the hose off of the suction part of a vacuum cleaner and reattaches the hose to the blower part of the vacuum, abuses and throws the PS3 around all over the place and go blowing dust all over the place. Your lying. When it's a junk console it's plain out junk! And at this point with there stinking (YLOD) and there rotten cheap laser that won't read discs, at this point I feel like going with the other box, and I hope you get hit with it so you can't go bragging about your console (not) breaking down just to justify other people of having a dusty, dirty, rotten, lowdown atmosphere. There's (NOTHING)! you can do, and I hope you get hit with it. Lying? You morons!
Message Edited by abombaci on 04-27-2009 01:32 AM
Photobucket

Message 25 of 43 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Apr 27, 2009
If your system is horizontal, I suggest you put 4 cups and make the PS3 sit on it. It well create extra space so air doesn't build up in the back.
Play B3yond Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 26 of 43 (8 Views)
Gaming Beast
2565 posts

Apr 27, 2009
(LOL)!
Photobucket

Message 27 of 43 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Apr 27, 2009

abombaci wrote:
(LOL)!
Lol...Its doesn't even have to be cups. It could be anything as long as its elevated.
Message 28 of 43 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2565 posts

Apr 27, 2009
Maybe we should keep it well ventilated by stringing it up & letting it hang from the ceiling and use it as a Tarzan swing?
Photobucket

Message 29 of 43 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Apr 27, 2009

abombaci wrote:
Maybe we should keep it well ventilated by stringing it up & letting it hang from the ceiling and use it as a Tarzan swing?
Hmmm that could work. xD
Message Edited by DarkPlanet on 04-26-2009 10:58 PM
Message 30 of 43 (8 Views)
0 Likes