Apr 29 2010
By: weazzyefff First Son 1 posts

I NEED PROOF!!!

11 replies 3 views Edited Apr 29, 2010

Hey fellow ps gamers!!!

My PS3 has got the YLOD. I could send i to them for a repair but that would take forever as we all know. I could get them to replace it, but i know that refurbished piece of trash is gonna break anyways.

I NEED PROOF!!! Proof that the ylod fix is not permanent, so i can get a refund. If their gonna delete all my **bleep** and give me back a temp system, and keep me from playing my PS3 for God knows how long. I think i'll rather have a refund.

I might end up having to take them to court. And in my homeland if it's a seriouse fault then they have to refund me. Eg, from Consumer Guarantee Act 1993 " I bought a spatula from your shop
on 1 April. After using it three or four
times the handle came off and some very
nasty glue fragments fell into my
béchamel sauce. On 14 April I returned
to your shop and requested a refund of
the purchase price. You offered to repair
the spatula by gluing it back together.
Under the Consumer Guarantees Act a
consumer is entitled to reject goods and
claim a refund when goods are not of
acceptable quality due to a serious fault.
I believe this fault is serious and I do not
accept that the fault would be remedied
by re–gluing. Please contact me to
arrange a refund."

They might say that it's a minor fault, dunno how they would class ylod as a minor fault, but fark i bet they would find a way, I mean it is Sony. So some proof of it not being a permanent fix or some sort of statistics saying how many ' fixed ' YLOD consoles were returned later.

Where is this info!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 12 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3033 posts

Re: I NEED PROOF!!!

Apr 29, 2010
My refurb works perfectly...

Fix your DS3/SixAxis-Boomer since 2,736

Message 2 of 12 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
799 posts

Apr 29, 2010
Take whoever you want to court but you will lose. This isn't a major fault. I wouldn't even consider it a minor. You had the console, for what, 3 years? Prove that you took care of it.

Message 3 of 12 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3196 posts

Apr 29, 2010

IXxAFFLiCTioNxXI wrote:
Take whoever you want to court but you will lose. This isn't a major fault. I wouldn't even consider it a minor. You had the console, for what, 3 years? Prove that you took care of it.

wow, somebody drinks the Sony Kool-Aid......

Sony lost a class action lawsuit with the PS2, it'll be the same this time around. Problem is they dragged it out 4 years last time, leaving their customers screwed.

Message 4 of 12 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
9353 posts

Apr 29, 2010

BRIGGSEE wrote:

wow, somebody drinks the Sony Kool-Aid......

Sony lost a class action lawsuit with the PS2, it'll be the same this time around. Problem is they dragged it out 4 years last time, leaving their customers screwed.

wow talk about someone who drinks the forum koolaid..

there isnt an epidemic, there are no major errors with any specific ps3 model, and if ALL forum users had ylod or a OUT OF WARRANTY faulty ps3 that was not user error, then the fail rate is still WAY below 2% considering the industry standard of 10%

less koolaid and more common sense tends be best

Yo dawg I heard you liked quantum mechanics so I didn't do anything, and I did something at the same time.
Message 5 of 12 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2070 posts

Apr 29, 2010

The PS3 and any other electronic device has the warranty period plainly printed on the box. Once this time has passed then there no longer responsible for anything. Most all electronics have a 1 year warranty from time of purchase as a standard practice.  

Message 6 of 12 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
799 posts

Apr 29, 2010
It's common sense. Not jumping on the sony wagon or anything. BRIGGSEE,, chill out dude. You wouldn't go to Best Buy 3 years later and ask for a refund if you never purchased a warranty would you? Didn't think so. Also, I bet you wouldn't sue them either. Thanks to the other guys for having some common sense in place.

Message 7 of 12 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9575 posts

Apr 29, 2010

There's no proof that a refurb wouldn't last

its just the word around the forum

Just like you hear more about broken system than working systems

people post more about the refurbs that break but if the refurb doesn't breaks then they don't

mind coming here and post about it

And your PS3 had a warranty, you can't return it years later and demand a refund

wouldn't make sense

Photobucket
Message 8 of 12 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3196 posts

Apr 29, 2010

IXxAFFLiCTioNxXI wrote:
It's common sense. Not jumping on the sony wagon or anything. BRIGGSEE,, chill out dude. You wouldn't go to Best Buy 3 years later and ask for a refund if you never purchased a warranty would you? Didn't think so. Also, I bet you wouldn't sue them either. Thanks to the other guys for having some common sense in place.

Common sense? Heres the thing, the PS3 and Xbox have the same inherent flaw, lead free solder connections breaking after the heating and cooling process. One company included a 3 year warranty on the FLAW, the other still denies it. Its a FLAW, thats different than having a part give out over time.

This is same as they did with the PS2 problems. They had terrible issues with the disc drive from day 1, it took them 4 years before they gave in to the class action lawsuit, only to STILL admit NO FAULT!

This is the company you are defending......

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6139482.html

Message 9 of 12 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3196 posts

Apr 29, 2010

jmm49 wrote:

The PS3 and any other electronic device has the warranty period plainly printed on the box. Once this time has passed then there no longer responsible for anything. Most all electronics have a 1 year warranty from time of purchase as a standard practice.  

and yet when something is found to have a FLAW, like a car, it will be brought back and fixed for free , even if its 10 years later

Message 10 of 12 (3 Views)
0 Likes