Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

Re: Headphone/mic jack Ps4 Controller

Jul 5, 2013
you'd need some kind of splitter, or you'd have to plug one out and plus in the other one when you want to use it. I'm sure wired mics will work. You can look for a cheap device like 3d Sound Card (usb). A Headset splitter is similar to 3Dsound card but it is a cord and you'd be able to plug it in the controller.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 18 (2,108 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Oct 17, 2013

How exactly will this earbud chat work?  Obviously I will hear my friends chat through the earbud.  How am I suppossed to communicate with them?  By talking into the DS4 speaker?  Is this speaker going to pick up everything in the room or am I going to have to yell into it or place the DS4 close to my mouth to talk?  Or do we not even know yet?

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 18 (1,947 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5448 posts

Oct 17, 2013

AZDMB wrote:

How exactly will this earbud chat work?  Obviously I will hear my friends chat through the earbud.  How am I suppossed to communicate with them?  By talking into the DS4 speaker?  Is this speaker going to pick up everything in the room or am I going to have to yell into it or place the DS4 close to my mouth to talk?  Or do we not even know yet?

><  There's a microphone on the cord of the earbud.  The speaker on the controller doesn't enter into it at all.

Grindhead_Jim

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 18 (1,939 Views)
Lombax Warrior
238 posts

Oct 17, 2013

Does anyone know if the chat from there turtle beach px5's will work? They use Bluetooth strictly for chat but there is also an audio jack on the earcup that allows you to plug in an audio cable and connect it to an x360 controller to chat. Surely with a 2.5 to 3.5mm male to male cable chat would work with the ps4, right?

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 18 (1,935 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5448 posts

Oct 17, 2013

CovertClay wrote:

Does anyone know if the chat from there turtle beach px5's will work? They use Bluetooth strictly for chat but there is also an audio jack on the earcup that allows you to plug in an audio cable and connect it to an x360 controller to chat. Surely with a 2.5 to 3.5mm male to male cable chat would work with the ps4, right?

The Bluetooth fix is part of the patch, but, if the jack on the headphones allows for chat, then, yes, the adaptor should work.

Grindhead_Jim

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 18 (1,933 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
238 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 17, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

CovertClay wrote:

The Bluetooth fix is part of the patch, but, if the jack on the headphones allows for chat, then, yes, the adaptor should work.

So can you confirm that they are fixing Bluetooth in the patch? I thought the patch was just going to fix USB headsets. I thought they said that "Bluetooth headsets will not work at all"?

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 18 (1,921 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Oct 18, 2013
Thanks for the quick response Grindhead_Jim!
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 18 (1,903 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 13, 2014

Hiya Guys, 

I wanted to ask now that we have PS4's my Razer Kraken Pro work fine except for the microphone... I've tested them on computers /Samsung s3 and they work fine. Is it just me or everyone else is in the same situation? 

Also I see some pretty knowledgeable people here who seem to know a lot about the standard of the jack, is it possible to tell me more about the wiring of the ps4 output maybe I can get an adaptor wired up? 

Many thanks :smileywink: 

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 18 (1,091 Views)
0 Likes