First Son
26 posts

Re: Troubleshooting for Flashing Blue Light- No Display

[ Edited ]
Nov 16, 2013

same thing here ive gotten into safe mode twice. now it just seems to bypass it..i keep trying but i think its in vain.

i hope theyre quick with this i am not very happy.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 1,201 (25,025 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Nov 16, 2013

My girlfriend and I won a PS4 through Taco Bell's contest, we were very excited to get our hands on it, went through a headache with FedEx over delivery times, we finally got it this evening, I hooked it up... To be greeted with a flashing blue light. I've tried two HDMI cables that I know work just fine (I use them on my Xbox 360 and PS3 respectively) and obviously it isn't the HDMI port on the TV.

I've been digging around and it seems a lot of contest-winners have suffered the same fate.

Interestingly enough, though, on two occasions I've managed to start the system and get to initial setup, but when I restart it, it goes back to flashing the blue light.

I'd love to get this sorted out, I really look forward to getting my hands on the next Killzone title, but this doesn't look good.

I'd like to have my console replaced, but I sat waiting on the phone with Playstation support for over an hour, I've read here that some people have waited over three hours, and I still didn't get through to anyone.

I really don't feel like waiting on the phone for hours on end. I already waited hours for the FedEx guy to deliver it.

What can I do?

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 1,201 (24,887 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Nov 16, 2013
Wait a minute... I have a system that was screwed up from the very beginning, a system that I've never even had a chance to play, if I send it back to Sony for them to fix what they screwed up, they count that against my warranty!?

What's the point of having a warranty then!? What if they replace it for me and then four weeks later we discover another issue like the PS3's Yellow Light of Death?

If they're going to count that against my warranty, that is just terrible business practice. They might as well not even offer one. A warranty is to protect the system in case it gets damaged down the road, not something they can use as an excuse to give people defective consoles.
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 1,201 (23,351 Views)
Splicer
66 posts

Nov 16, 2013
All you can do is wait If your not experienced with fixing electronics or computers. I'll post a solution to the first post if we find one.
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 1,201 (23,351 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Nov 16, 2013

what does ripping out your HDD and starting it up achieve?

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 1,201 (23,347 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

PS4 PROBLEM(Blue light, HDMI): hongfujin yantai china september 2013

[ Edited ]
Nov 16, 2013

All of the people I know that have problems with their PS4 (Blue light, HDMI), their system was manufactured in the same place. If your ps4 has the same issue, please check the back and see if it's made in the same factory in Sep.

BTW: if you recall, that factory (Hongfujin Yantai) were illegally using college students (because they don't have enough workers) as "interns" in the summer to finish assembling the PS4. No wonder there's this quality issue - having students forced to work at factories with little to no experience versus professional workers. 

Updated: I could be wrong, but I am trying to find the problem here. First of all, I ordered my PS4 from amazon. It seems like many PS4 from amazon have the same problem. And most of the console are made in Yantai factory in this summer (AUG and Sep)

Just to explain the news about the students intern. The Hongfujin Yantai factory needed more labor force to assemble PS4 this summer (since SONY was pushing for the launch). So they made a contract with local colleges, to use students as interns during the summer. The students were force to work in the factory, and the schoold told them that if they don't go, they would not be able to get the credit for graduation (plus they don't get paid, because they are interns). In resposn, many of the students were angry, and started to post things online, saying that they were sabataging the system when assembled them. I am not sure if that is the problem which caused the high defective rate, but it seems like the consoles manufacture in that praticular factory in the summer are indeed have some QC issues. 

BTW, I am happy to post the link of these posts from these angry students, if you guys can read Chinese.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 1,201 (23,993 Views)
First Son
13 posts

Nov 16, 2013

I have been trying to play my new playstations since i got it this evening and i keep getting the same errors, im heart broke i work very hard for my money and have waited for this since e3, idk what to do this is a joke i am very dissapointed.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 1,201 (23,320 Views)
First Son
14 posts

Nov 16, 2013
BLOD brick here. Amazon pre order with no Sony store in 200 miles. I'm so disappointed. Initiated warranty with Sony awaiting box.
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 1,201 (23,287 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Nov 16, 2013

Same issue here. Blue light and no video. Once in a while it will boot directly into safe mode and say there was an error. The fact that video in safe mode work make me think this isn't an HDMI port issue.  I've been troubleshooting this for over 4 hours and on hold with Playstation support for over 2.5 hours. 

I'm about ready to return the system and call it quits with PS4 this is crazy.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 1,201 (23,275 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 16, 2013
Hmm, I have been thinking about the issue and I am wondering if this has to do with the background firmware updating..... I had heard the when the system is flashing blue it is still able to grab updates etc. is it possible that with the psn being down.... I wonder if it has to do with something there?
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 1,201 (23,251 Views)