Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Monster Hunter
24 posts

Re: Troubleshooting for Flashing Blue Light- No Display

[ Edited ]
Nov 16, 2013

Seriously, no reason to be a jerk about things. This is not an issue related to just the PS4 or consoles in general. Just wait till you buy a new car. Have fun driving around in it and then the Check Engine Light pops up and you start pooping your pants. Just like the PS4, it's covered under warranty so as long as you take it back to the dealer they'll fix what's wrong with it. So what? We have to wait for a little bit for a console to be returned to us. At least you'll have the peace of mind knowing that a Tech Expert inspected it and either repaired it for you or they replaced it with a Tested and Guaranteed to work New Console. No Bigs. I'm waiting, it sucks, but what can you do? Happens.

Please use plain text.
Message 70 of 1,214 (4,896 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Re: PS4 Won't Start-up, Won't Get to Safe Mode, Blue Light just keeps blinking...

Nov 16, 2013

Thanks for the suggestion.

I double-checked to follow the instructions as written (on how to enter safe mode) and no change.

To be clear, the PS4 is off.

I then hold the power button until I hear two beeps.

I let go of the power button and there is nothing on screen. In addition, there is no light coming from the power indicator.

I then plug in the PS4 controller and press the PS button. Still nothing.

Is it fair to say that the system is just turning off instead of going to safe mode?

Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 1,214 (4,793 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: PS4 PROBLEM(Blue light, HDMI): hongfujin yantai china september 2013

Nov 16, 2013

where can I find the factory name? can someone post a photo or something? (I'm importing the console from US)

Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 1,214 (5,791 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Ps4 with black screen and blue flashing light

[ Edited ]
Nov 16, 2013

BEWARE OF FAULTY STANDBY MODE - BLACK SCREEN - BLUE FLASHING LIGHT

Launch Day:   My husband (Boogimann) had only 2 successful loads. Launch night he of course could not get online beecause PS lied about their servers. Few hours later before he went to work at 7 am he was able to succesfully login to update. After work at 4 pm he was successfully login to show a friend Madden. The system went in stand by and froze.

He tried for 3 hours to get to turn off because it said not to unplug it.  He finally did as advised by PS support (Jonathan Jones). it would not turn on after that if only flashed blue, black screen. this went on for another 1 hour. Then they kept it unplugged for 10 minutes. It came on while he was still on the phone with support.  Less than 2 minutes later while still on the phone with support it went black again now with green spec on the black screen then it went completely out and the light flashed blue again.

Support said, "oh it should come back any minute" HAHAHA no, it did not. Support them wanted him to open the system and remove the hard drive. My husband asked, "now is this going to be a problem with my warranty to be opening this PS4?"

Support: "No, I have your serial number & model number in the system, he have record that he are telling you to open this system"

My Husband,: "We'll see, you better hope their won't be a problem."

He opens the top and removes the hard drive. Support asks him to plug it all in again and turn it on....still flashing blue with a black screen.

They work this for another 45 minutes. NO success!!!!!

Support: "Well, Sir, there is nothing more we can do for you at this point. We will mail you a box in 3 - 5 business days for you to mail the PS4 to us."

WRONG THING TO SAY! My husband of course went off!

Support: "You will not get a replacement for 4-5 weeks"

WRONG THING TO SAY!  My Husband went off again......"What do mean 4-5 weeks when I  was pre-registered, system paid in full way before launch day including the purchase of PS plus and 4 games. AND I stood in line to pick mine up before midnight. So i could enjoy ALL THESE PROMISES YOU BEEN TALKING ABOUT FOR MONTHS NOW. I wanted to come home from work and enjoy a few hours. I couldn't get online earlier bcause your server. Explain that?

Support: "Well, Sir, we didn't anticapate, this many." (LOL)

My husband: " What was the pre-register for? You use that information to make sure you have adequate servers then if you know you don't before lauch you add to it. This is UNACCEPATBLE. now you want me to wait 4-5 weeks before i can enjoy my hard working dollars that investested in this DEFECTIVE PRODUCT!

Support: 'Well, you still have your PS3 to use." that was established previously.

So he asked  for his supervisor, Derrick #781001,....

Long Story short.....he excepted to wait 4-5 weeks for a NEW not refurbished replacement and $10 when he invested over $600 @ GAMESTOP for LAUNCH DAY ACCESS .

My husband has to call back Monday and speak to his supervisor because those who have any type of authorization dont come in until Monday.

Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 1,214 (5,107 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Re: Ps4 with black screen and blue flashing light

Nov 16, 2013
I feel your pain, mine turned on all of twice--once with a corrupted display requiring a reboot into safe mode--and then did the blue pulse of death afterwards. It was the Killzone Launch Day bundle from amazon.com and as I understand the ones that have bricked are overwhelmingly from there. :\ 600 bucks down the drain after buying the console and another game, with nothing to show for it since the product exchange process will likely take a long while. So instead of waiting on the phone with Sony for a decent chunk of a day just to be told that I won't be getting a new system for a month, I'm returning the launch day bundle to amazon and buying from brick and mortar next time, whenever that might be.
Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 1,214 (5,084 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Nov 16, 2013

I just looked at another post...

PS4 PROBLEM(Blue light, HDMI): hongfujin yantai...  

Unfortunately for us, we have one of those made in HONGFUJIN YANTAI, SEPT. 2013. I wasn't even aware of this. Now I'm F*** **bleep**.

Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 1,214 (5,070 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Nov 16, 2013

We've owned every mainstream game console made and still have the original Atari, PS1, Sega, Xbox. I must say this LAUNCH was the worst i ever experienced. I never post. it was bad enough that i had to post. Now, that's bad.

Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 1,214 (5,061 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Nov 16, 2013

those in Europe where they were assembled?

Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 1,214 (5,638 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Nov 16, 2013

On the flat bottom, there's a black sticker length-wise, very bottom of the text is the city, country and date.

Mine was manufactured in the same place, different month. I'm scared. August 2013. No issues thus far. /knockswood

Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 1,214 (5,591 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Nov 16, 2013

I also have the one feom that factory and the stupid blue light I wish I could exchange it.

Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 1,214 (5,533 Views)
0 Likes