Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 11 2014
By: Shyguy3498 Splicer 47 posts

May have found fix to PS4 cloud uploading issue

12 replies 535 views Edited Jan 11, 2014

So I was reading around online, and found that this problem has started to happen with multiple people ever since they set their PS4 consoles to automatically logging in. Seems that possibly logging in and out manually may trigger the system during standby to do what it is suppose to. I have just turned automatic log in off as it was originally set to (wonder why LOL) and I was wondering if anyone has discovered automatic log in to actually be the issue for this problem (or at least on of).

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (535 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
656 posts

Re: May have found fix to PS4 cloud uploading issue

Jan 11, 2014

You don't need to turn auto-log-in off in order to trigger an auto upload.  All you need to do is logoff before placing the PS4 in standby.

There is another way to reslove the issue.  Delete the online saves that you are having a problem with, then manually upload new saves to to online storage .  Start your game and play long enough to get a save, close the game, place the PS4 in stanby, and when you restart, check notifications, and you will see that you have a new auto upload.  This seems to get it working again, however, sonner rather than later it will stop auto uploading again.

This is a strange issue, because mine uploaded perfectly for about 3 weeks after initially set it up.  I know this is not a problem with System Software corruption, because three weeks ago, I replaced the HDD and completely reinstalled the System Software, reset all settings, etc.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (524 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Jan 11, 2014

JamesMB_ wrote:

You don't need to turn auto-log-in off in order to trigger an auto upload.  All you need to do is logoff before placing the PS4 in standby.

There is another way to reslove the issue.  Delete the online saves that you are having a problem with, then manually upload new saves to to online storage .  Start your game and play long enough to get a save, close the game, place the PS4 in stanby, and when you restart, check notifications, and you will see that you have a new auto upload.  This seems to get it working again, however, sonner rather than later it will stop auto uploading again.

This is a strange issue, because mine uploaded perfectly for about 3 weeks after initially set it up.  I know this is not a problem with System Software corruption, because three weeks ago, I replaced the HDD and completely reinstalled the System Software, reset all settings, etc.

What kind of issue could this be if not software? I mean whatever it is do you think Sony could still be able to correct it with some kind of update, even if it is not a Software problem? At this point I just really do not care anymore, my additude is "If it uploads it uploads, if it doesn't it doesn't. Multiple people are having a problem so Sony will probably fix it sooner or later." But at the same time I want my system to work the way it should. I should not have to delete my online saves for it to work, I should not even have to logout. Uploading use to work just fine up untile recently. Thank you for the suggestions though, I will try them out.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (502 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
656 posts

Jan 11, 2014

I'm not saying it's not a problem with software, i'm just saying it's not caused by any kind of software corruption (Safe Mode aint gonna fix this one LOL).  IMO, it could have very well been one of the updates (either at PSN or on the PS4), because mine worked perfectly for three weeks, and replacing the HDD and reinstalling the Software didn't rtesolve the issue.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (499 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Jan 11, 2014

JamesMB_ wrote:

I'm not saying it's not a problem with software, I'm just saying it's not caused by any kind of software corruption (Safe Mode aint gonna fix this one LOL).  IMO, it could have very well been one of the updates (either at PSN or on the PS4), because mine worked perfectly for three weeks, and replacing the HDD and reinstalling the Software didn't rtesolve the issue.

Hmm well okay thanks! I know this has been a problem with many people from what I have found on the internet. The first few days auto upload worked fine, now nothing. I hope Sony will realize this problem and fix it in the next update (which I hope comes soon).

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (488 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Jan 11, 2014

Okay so your little tip about logging out before putting the system on standby did work for me, but I would hate having to do that on a daily basis. I mean it totally defeats the purpose of the power options icon on the upper menu bar, after all I usually just click on the power icon, and then choose standby. Before in the past my games use to upload without logging out, but now they aren't....probably some sort of glitch.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (477 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
656 posts

Jan 11, 2014

Shyguy3498 wrote:

Okay so your little tip about logging out before putting the system on standby did work for me, but I would hate having to do that on a daily basis. I mean it totally defeats the purpose of the power options icon on the upper menu bar, after all I usually just click on the power icon, and then choose standby. Before in the past my games use to upload without logging out, but now they aren't....probably some sort of glitch.

I agree...I like to leave auto-log-in turned on because, I'm the only user, and there is no use im me having to log out and back in.  BTW that auto-log-in feature is for user to PS4, it doesn't log you into PSN, or keep you logged into PSN.

I don't use the power options icon, I just long press the PS button the controller, and select what I want...Brings up the same menu, + adjust devices.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (473 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Jan 11, 2014

JamesMB_ wrote:

Shyguy3498 wrote:

I agree...I like to leave auto-log-in turned on because, I'm the only user, and there is no use im me having to log out and back in.  BTW that auto-log-in feature is for user to PS4, it doesn't log you into PSN, or keep you logged into PSN.

I don't use the power options icon, I just long press the PS button the controller, and select what I want...Brings up the same menu, + adjust devices.

What do you mean it does not log me into PSN? Everytime I turn on my PS4 using the auto log in feature I seem to be logged in to PSN. I am a little confused at what you mean.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (457 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
656 posts

Jan 11, 2014

Yup, you are logged into PSN, because you never log out..LOL.  Once you choose the options for auto upload and downloadf, its gonna keep you logged in, if you place your console in stanby.  If you do a complete shutdown, then you will be logged out of PSN

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (453 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
656 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2014

You can also go to Settings>Power Save Settings>Set Functions Avaible In Stanby, and uncheck connect to the internet, and that will stop the auto login to PSN.. But it will also stop any auto uploads or downloads....Kinda of a darned if you do or darned if you don't deal, LOL.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (452 Views)
0 Likes