Splicer
66 posts

Re: Next Gen My Ramen Noodle Eating Rear End !

Mar 23, 2014

In the 70's my father had as much of an attraction to technology as any man has today. The vhs ,and pong ,ect, were gifts anh household purcaIses he'd made. I saved every dime i made working odd jobs  flipping burgers and pumping gas ,and lived at home rent free or paying very little. I  have worked full-time since i was 16. I lived at home untill i was 24 and got married. I've been a crane operator, and ran a landscaping crew and mu own businesses from time to time . I was maintenance department manager for a drug and alcohol treatment facility until i dropped a stove on myself  disabling me in 2009. I've played in various bands in the 80's and 90's but for fun and as a hobbyist . Income tax refunds and saving Income is what i made most of the later purchases with and i saved big money building my own computers And i turned 50 in January .. 

Message 11 of 32 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Mar 23, 2014

If "so many people come here and complain " and it bothers you that much, i have a coupla suggestions to ease your suffering and stop your eyes from bleeding. 1. Switch  to decaf. 2.Invite them to your house so you can have tea and crumpets while discussing it face to face .3.If you have nothing to contribute but assumptive barbs ,don't read them, and especially do not reply to them. 4. If "so many come here and complain ", take the hint . THERE IS AN ACTUAL PROBLEM.

Message 12 of 32 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Mar 23, 2014

Good advice here. Save every penny you can , never finance a toy , and never ever under any circumstances try to live beyond your means .I Should have mentioned i began working when i was 12 at the restaurant owned by my aunt and uncle washing dishes over summer break,and that my father owned his own plumbing business . Also you were correct on the date. In 1976 i was 12 and was born in January 1964.

Message 13 of 32 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1751 posts

Mar 23, 2014
Nice story bro
Message 14 of 32 (259 Views)
Lombax Warrior
106 posts

Mar 23, 2014
I want to apologize for upsetting you with my previous post.

I understand what you are saying and on some level agree with the lack of features that you have pointed out, but again I knew what I was getting when I pre ordered my PS4. A new platform that will take atleast 8-12 months before it really starts comming into it's own, but will have a handful of great games to show off some of the new hardware.

You have certainly been around and experienced a lot of early adapting and I respect that, I also hope that the PS4 evolves into everything you want it to. I remember when the xbox 360 was released it had the bare minimum software and operating system and now it has evolved into a all in one. My point originally was that features and UI are always going to be getting better and more plentiful over time.

Btw I am 32 years young and although I haven't been around or had the experiences you have had, I am also a tech junkie as well and if you ever want to play something together on PS4 add me as a friend.

Message 15 of 32 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 1, 2014
  • Hey buddy, you didn't upset me in the least bit. You weren't confrontational at all, you asked ,he assumed way too much in a smartass attitude. I have no problem with what , or how you said what you said. My BIGGEST point  is this. I purchased a ps1 and it blew away the SNES i had. That sold me on Sony and the PlayStation right then. When i upgraded to the PS2 i was BLOWN AWAY by the improvement . When i upgraded to the PS3 i WAS FLOORED BY THE IMPROVEMENTS . When i upgraded to the PS4,YAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWNNNNNNN. BFD, right? Every time but this time they improved the PlayStation by leaps and bounds ,and had MORE features, not less out of the box. In my opinion, they had leaks and rushed it to market to beat MicroSoft into the marketplace, and we got screwed in the process. Name 1 time that a next gen game console didnt come to market with more features, other than the PS4 ? You'd be hard pressed to answer that  if you're honest with yourself and everyone else about it. And i'd consider it an honor to have you as a friend . I will send a request as soon as i finish this.

Mod Edit: Edited for insults.

Message 16 of 32 (213 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Apr 1, 2014
Ok old man, now you're offending me since your **bleep** is old enough to know from right and wrong. You're spitting your words to people you don't know and are probably kids, so stop harassing people, and don't brag about your problems.

Got a problem? Report it! Hate the device? Return it! How stupid are you? Don't ever make fun of people you have no idea about, you're in your 50's, **bleep**, learn to respect the new age too.
Message 17 of 32 (208 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Apr 1, 2014
We didn't ask for your life story, and don't you dare ask and mock mine, assuming yours is worse, as your story is nothing compared to mine. Do us all a favor. Leave the community, or apologize to everyone in this post including Sony.
Message 18 of 32 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
92 posts

Apr 1, 2014

it's not greed...greed meant charging you extra for any new additional functionality...some of the missing functionality are just lack of time....

remember when the ps3 was first launched? Remember all the feature it has (or not)......contrast that with the PS3 now...

i do understand it's disappointing that the ps4 has less functionality than the ps3 now but if i am sony, i will be doing the exact same thing. It's a business decision (to get the console out around same time as Xbone)....and it work out for them.

Join the Children Of the Enlightened, PS4 Destiny Clan for Singapore!

Message 19 of 32 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Apr 1, 2014

Every once in a while you find a topic with an interesting discussion.

I believe you are right in some of the questions but there are certainly a few valid points in the replies.

Yes you are right to expect a better machine with a new gen console. You are right to expect that it is in fact an upgrade in regards to the last generation, you are right to expect that it will not drop the good features that the latest iteration had, you are right to expect that it will be able to do many new things.

What I don’t think is that you should just ASSUME it will all be that way. You said it yourself: the second generation and upwards of the PS3 took away some of the previous features. Whether they were not popular, not cost effective, or for whatever reason, they were pulled. We as consumers are aware that pulling features is a reality.

The PS4 and the Xbox One came out at the same time. Sony and Microsoft knew that. So for a long time there had to be a careful ponderation of what to include or not in the consoles so that they would be as appealing  as possible but keeping the price at a minimum – because price is one of the most, if not the most, determining factor when the masses are deciding which console to buy.

The information on the PS4, on what it would include and not, what its features would be at launch, was widely discussed. In all honesty, were the features you expected listed as existing? Or did you just assume they would be there? Do you feel like Sony lied to you about any of the console’s features? Which?

That said, I do think that the PS4 still doesn’t do enough. The game library is still very slim, and there are many features that should be implemented and/or perfected.  I am an early adopter, but I stand by my decision because  I believed – and still do – that I was getting a good deal for my money. I was fully aware of what I was buying, what it had and didn’t have, what it does and doesn’t. And I’m confident that my “investment” will pay off.

PS4 is indeed a step forward in many ways – technically. I believe that is what we bought in to. And I also believe that it will pick up speed in the next few months. Take advantage of the benefits it brings to the gaming scene and most importantly have fun :smileyhappy:

Message 20 of 32 (176 Views)