Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
1 posts

Re: Ps4 Keeps turning on randomly, ejects game disc

[ Edited ]
Mar 8, 2014

Yeah, same here, I DONT KNOW WHY SONY DOESN´T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT, since it´s most likely a software issue that can be solved with an upgrade... this really sucks. its a playstation not a toaster, shouldnt be unplugging it for safe use.

ps: mine does it when it´s turned of, not in stand by mode, lately i get the "eject disk bip" constantly once this has happened, its realy anoying.

Message 11 of 73 (6,152 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Mar 9, 2014

I experienced the same problem only after at least 2 months after I got my system during launch. The game ejected itself on its own and continued to make beeping noises as if its still trying to eject even though there's no disc inside. I contacted Sony support after explaining the situation and had me download the update via a USB drive through the computer. At first I was unsure since the last update didn't fix it, but they had me install it diffrently.

1. I was told to go to us.playstation.com and go to the system updates page for PS4.

2. Afterwards I was instructed to go to the Update using a computer and told to click on the bolded "here" word which took me to another page instructing me on how to download the update on a USB drive.

3. I was then told to turn off the PS4 and turn it back on Safe Mode by holding the power button until you hear two beeps.

4. After the update finishes downloading on the flashdrive, I was instructed to put it in the PS4 and click on #7 Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software)

I can't say for sure if it work, but for now it seems to be doing fine, but I cannot be certain. If you decide to try it don't forget to back up any of your saved files on the PS4 cause the initialization will delete everything including all users and data.

Here's the link to the page for instructions:

http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/ps4/new-install/index.htm#installationSteps

Message 12 of 73 (6,135 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
867 posts

Mar 13, 2014

This is also randomly started happening to me today, I will look into this and report my findings back here. I had to pull the power plug out to get it to stop then restared which then gave me the message that the PS4 was not turned off properly etc.. 

RISE_UP44
Message 13 of 73 (6,035 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 14, 2014

I have the same issue.   

i sent my PS4 in to be repaired.    waiting to get it back now.    ill update when i get it back.  hopefully they just replace the unit with a correctly working one.   i had to do this with my first unit as well bc it had the blue lights of death.

Message 14 of 73 (6,016 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Mar 16, 2014

The same thing is happening to me as well. It's unfortunate because I literally can't play anything on it right now. It just keeps shooting it out and making the eject noise. What should I do?

Message 15 of 73 (5,951 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 18, 2014
My ps4 is doing the same exact thing to mine
Message 16 of 73 (5,888 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Mar 22, 2014

I've had my PlayStation 4 since December and this just started happening a week ago and it's seriously getting on my nerves, how is the eject button going to keep automatically trying to eject the disc and turn the PS4 on, when it's Powered-Off? Plus, why in the world would it be fine for like 30 minutes and then eject when I'm destroying someone in Madden 25 Online? SONY, you need to fix this issue or you'll have a lot of ANGRY customers asking for refunds if it's a hardware issue.

Message 17 of 73 (5,808 Views)
First Son
9 posts

Mar 22, 2014
Exactly! What in the world is Sony doing? Put out an update or at least admit that this is their fault and it needs to get fixed! Ignoring the problems is something Sony is becoming a little too a costumed to.
Message 18 of 73 (5,804 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 23, 2014

Happened to me the first time today. I turned it off and when i went back to play some imfamous second son the disc was randomly hanging out of the ps4. I then turned it on and it just kept tring to edject something, wouldnt recieve any disc. I turned it of at the plug and worked fine hope it stays ok and if not hope Sony fix it or even come out and explain the problem. 

Message 19 of 73 (5,778 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Mar 23, 2014

I got the launch day system and have had zero problems since start up on November 15th. My girlfriend told me my ps4 turned itself on around midinight two days ago (was comepletly shutdown) and kicked out Killzone all by itself. Today it wouldn't even let me insert a disc. Every few seconds it'd make a sound like it was trying to eject a disc even though there wasn't one inside. Contacted sony support via their online chat, they tried to get me to take the top lid off (the glossy section is failry easy to remove) and tighten a screw. Didn't seem to help much. I am having to send my system in for repair. I'm gonna be pretty **bleep** if all they do at the repair center is tighten the screw again and send it back. I don't think this is a firmware problem. I'll post again when I get my system back and let you all know if it helped or not.

Message 20 of 73 (5,734 Views)