Lombax Warrior
165 posts

Re: Ps4 Keeps turning on randomly, ejects game disc

Mar 23, 2014

Folks, consider this: PS4 and many TVs these days have a setting that allows HDMI Device Link (aka, your TV can turn on HDMI devices that are connected to try and make your button-pressing simplified). In PS4, go to [Settings]>[System]>[Enable HDMI Device Link] and uncheck the box, That stops PS4 from looking for that signal to turn on. Then check your TV for a similar setting (there's different names for it so look around, as it is called REGZA Link on Toshiba TV's for example). Even when you aren't on the PS4 input or your TV is off, there is the chance of it sending enough of a signal at some point to make PS4 think it was prompted.

If that doesn't work, I'm definitely interested to hear more ideas on this one.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/68248079

Mister Beech
Message 21 of 74 (3,875 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 27, 2014

yup. Mine turns itself on and ejects disc, wont let me put disc back in until I restart it. Then it works. Today I was playing Imfamous and right in the middle the game went back to main screen and ejected disc...Crappy. Sorry its happening to many people but Im glad its not just mine. Didnt know if I did somthing wrong. Hope Sony fixes it soon. Sucks to lose game data in the middle of a session.

Message 22 of 74 (3,757 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Mar 29, 2014

I'm having the same exact problem. I hope Sony would aknowledge this as a serious problem, and post a fix.

Message 23 of 74 (3,731 Views)
First Son
19 posts

Mar 29, 2014

Same thing happening to me.  Just spoke with Customer Support for the 2nd time this week.

Sony is sending me a box to ship it back for repair.

THIS IS THE 5th TIME I HAVE DONE THIS IN THE PAST 5 MONTHS

That's right... I'm on my 5th PS4 console since Launch Day...  ALL with the same issue.

Unreal.  What's even more oddly aggravating is the "hard sell" that you get from Customer Support to purchas an extended warratny when you call in now.  Ugh.

Message 24 of 74 (3,728 Views)
First Son
9 posts

Mar 29, 2014
That's really unfortunate. I'm sorry to hear that. I really wish Sony would put together a report telling us what is really going on. And voice is some real advice on what we should do.
Message 25 of 74 (3,719 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 30, 2014

I disabeled the hdmi options on both my tv and playstation. It still turns itself on and keeps ejecting. 

Message 26 of 74 (3,689 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 30, 2014

Yeah right they offered to extend my warranty(for $$) so that when something goes wrong I can wait over a month to get my PS4 back from them again.... Ridiculous. Just sad that I just bought Infamous and got to play 20 min before this started happening again and am now still waiting on a box from them(5 business days a computer glitch caused the box to not be sent the first time) so add on the processing time etc. and they said yeah probably over a month before I get another one back....Could have waited and got SS used or on discount instead of having it mock me from my bookcase for over a month.

**Edit** If you are having this issue best contact CS and get them working on your warrenty claim so that you can have your PS4 back to you as soon as possible aka a month.

Message 27 of 74 (3,678 Views)
First Son
9 posts

Mar 30, 2014
Thanks man. I just wish there was another way. Like a step by step process of fixing it or a Simple update. I guess I'll be sending it in.
Message 28 of 74 (3,673 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 31, 2014

Not sure if you saw the other thread pmkintu but some people are finding success with removing the rubber feet under the eject button. It may be worth trying or asking CS rep about it and seeing if it helps you.

Message 29 of 74 (3,662 Views)
First Son
9 posts

Mar 31, 2014

aight thanks bro @Rudakus 

Message 30 of 74 (3,650 Views)
0 Likes