Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
276 posts

Re: Share Issue

Dec 1, 2013
You can check how your share button is configured by doing this....
while you are playing a game press the SHARE button to bring up the menu. On that screen press the OPTION button and then go into SHARE SETTING You want to go into SHARE BUTTON CONTROL TYPE. there you can set it so a SHORT PRESS = display menu and SAVE your last 15 min of gameplay or just take a screen shot. or you can have it so that LONG PRESS = display menu and SAVE your last 15 min.

I see that some people are having problems with the share feature where it was saving from different time than the last 15 min. My test on 5 games of few hours of play/test after i realized it didnt save my KNACK platnium trophy pop up gameplay has resulted in this...

The "SHORT PRESS", "LONG PRESS", and the "DOUBLE PRESS" of the share button do different things. Remember this

Ps4 is constantly recording your game. Until you SHORT PRESS or LONG PRESS the share button it is NOT being CREATED/SAVED. If you DOUBLE PRESSED the share button you just lost your last 15 min of gameplay

1) NO NOT double press the share button unless you want to lose your last 15 min and start a new recording from that point on. I think most people that was having problem with share mistakenly believed that the little pic of video frame with red dot that pops up on the top right was the system saving the last 15 min. Instead what it was doing was saving video from that point on.

2) You either "short press" or "long press" the share button to bring up the share menu. You can change how you bring up the menu from pushing the share button by pressing option on share menu screen. The short or long press of the share button is how you CREATE/SAVE your last 15 min gameplay along with your screen shot

3) NO NOT double press the share button. Think of that as DELETE AND START OVER FROM NOW button. If you read what that does - "Set start point for video clip" in the settings you know it starts a new recording

if this doesn't help you then i don't know what could be wrong. good luck
Message 50 of 605 (316 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Re: PS4 share feature is a joke

Dec 1, 2013

The picture for my last spot in the game will appear on the edit video, but once I actually go into it to edit and share it's from the last MP game I played... What a joke, sad that I talked so highly of a console that doesn't function properly... Way to let a huge PS fan down Sony, y'all suck

Message 51 of 605 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
276 posts

Dec 1, 2013
i think when you double press the share button it keeps recording in 15 min. chunks. i had it going for about 30 min or so once and when i went to check my save files there was one for 15 min and another for 13 min. i've only done this once so i could be wrong
Message 52 of 605 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2566 posts

Dec 1, 2013
Not sure, but I think it should be a continuous 15 min recording. What I mean is as the 15 min mark is about to be reached it should continue recording and the starting point should then be moved forward. That's the way a dvr or cctv recording works. Otherwise you would need a massive ammount of srorage to store the 15 min chunks.
Message 53 of 605 (314 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Re: Share Button Doesn't Always Work

Dec 1, 2013
I am also having a problem with my shared clips not being the most recent footage. I can assure you I am pressing the share button correctly. The clips I get are usually over a half hour older than what I want, in some cases much older.

After reading on other sites it doesn't appear to be consistent. One thing I think it might be tried to is moving between the home screen and game. I will often return to the home screen between BF4 multiplayer matches to change the chat priority or see who I is online. I am under the impression that the share buffer does not record the home screen. Perhaps jumping back and fourth is causing problems.
Message 54 of 605 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

Dec 1, 2013

The PS4 does not record during the homescreen as it is a BLOCKED SCENE.

I just did this test 3 times... Was playing around in battlefield and pressed the home button, the footage of the last 15 mins of what I did was no where to be found even after pressing share (Completely deleted).

Did another test 3 times.... Was playing around in battlefield and pressed the share button, the last 15 mins was always there.

The share button works and does what it's suppose to, however the last 15 mins of gameplay seems to be deleted after entering the home screen.

Message 55 of 605 (251 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Dec 1, 2013
That is what I feared. I don't see these two features as mutually exclusive and will not be happy it both don't work together without issue. I wonder how long (if ever) it takes for the buffer to start again after resuming from the home screen. Hopefully this gets alone attention, seems as though this could be ironed out.
Message 56 of 605 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

Re: share button not recording

[ Edited ]
Dec 1, 2013

Im having the exact same problem. More often than not hitting the share button does not display the most recent 15 minutes. Often it uploads video from when I started playing or from the last point I hit the share button.

Screenshots work just fine but uploading the last 15 minutes has never worked for me.

Additionally double tapping the share button never seems to upload anything for me. I double tap when I am finished with what I want to upload, but nothing ever captures. It is possible I am incorrectly doing it, but when the record icon shows up top I would assume its recording.

Sony if you are reading this, it needs to be addressed ASAP!

Message 57 of 605 (345 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1568 posts

Re: share button not recording

Dec 1, 2013

I wish there was some friggin audio when sharing BF4...

Message 58 of 605 (341 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Re: PS4 share feature is a joke

Dec 1, 2013

T1019 .... Expedited shipping my@$#
Message 59 of 605 (203 Views)
0 Likes