Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

Re: PS4 share feature is a joke

Dec 2, 2013

FROSTY_KILLA_007 wrote:

The picture for my last spot in the game will appear on the edit video, but once I actually go into it to edit and share it's from the last MP game I played... What a joke, sad that I talked so highly of a console that doesn't function properly... Way to let a huge PS fan down Sony, y'all suck

Haven't had one problem with my share feature and I have been using it a  lot, my last 15 mins from the begining of exiting a blocked scene is always there when I press the share button in game.

Maybe you should call up Sony because mines is working just fine, always have to clean up my captures because of how good it's working, in fact I think it might work too good, they should add better settings and the ability to turn it off.

Message 70 of 605 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
556 posts

Re: Share Button Doesn't Always Work

Dec 2, 2013
I rarely go to the homescreen when I'm playing. I'll stay in a game consistently for long periods of time, yet it's always records my first 15 minutes of gameplay. And yes, I'm pressing the button correctly. If I were accidentally double pressing, I wouldn't find my first 15 minutes of gameplay anyway, I would find everything AFTER the button press. Not to mention, when you are long pressing (taking a screenshot) or double pressing to record, you get a notification in the top right corner of the screen.

When I press the Share button once to hopefully capture what I just did in a game, it takes me to the screen where 3 options exist: view the recordings folder, screenshot folder, or stream menu. Even the video thumbnail shows the right moment, but the video itself is from a long time prior. It has shown me that this feature is completely unreliable.

One question though. When you double press the Share button to start a recording, is it limited to just 15 minutes or does it continue beyond that?
Message 71 of 605 (315 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 2, 2013

Thanks for taking time time to try to help others out zoopmitty.  Unfortunately, while I understand you've been able to recreate an issue of the clip not being saved correctly - it sounds like a different problem than what many of us are reporting.  For me (and for several others that I've read her and on reddit), the clip is saving, but it's content is not what it appears to be.  

For instance, I played Killzone the other day and had an awesome quad kill and escaped with an entirely blood red screen that I wanted to share with some friends.  I had previously switched my Share button mode to "hold" for the share menu, so I pressed it once and held to pull up the menu.  I found the clip with the current time, pulled it up, and it contained some single player that I had played about 2 hours prior.  Many of us are getting clips that appear to be the correct clip until you actually view the clip and see that the content is the first 15 minutes of gameplay and not actually.  I have had this happen to me three times so far (I have yet to be able to use the Share button to show video that I actually wanted to) and I am certain that I did not double press the Share button.

With that in mind, when you were testing it previously, were you just checking to make sure the console created/saved a clip or were you actually viewing the content of the created/saved clip to make sure it was the correct video?

Message 72 of 605 (319 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Re: PS4 share feature is a joke

Dec 2, 2013

Good for you, mine doesn't work well and I didn't pay $400 dollars for a console that isn't going to function properly. I demand this be fixed and will be contacting Sony about the issue.

Message 73 of 605 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
276 posts

Dec 2, 2013

thats weird.  in that case i don't know what else to say to your problem.   as for you recording with the double press... it records for 15 min. and immediately starts the second recording.  i've only tested it once for little less than 30 min.  the first was 15 min. and the second was like 13 min.   the beginning of the second clip was like half a second off from the ending of the first clip.  

i've heard that it'll stop once it reach 1 hour worth of recording.  i haven't tried that

Message 74 of 605 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
276 posts

Dec 3, 2013

maybe there is more bugs in it than we know.

first i tested on my own system playing 3 games.   Once i kept seeing others were still reporting the problems, i checked on my friends system playing the games they had.  I even did the "go back out to homescreen" method.  synced trophies and sent messages thingking maybe the buffering might have something to do with the time stamp being wrong.  in all i must have tested it on 4 system playing 8 different games.

1) the way i tested it was for the first few minutes i'll just sit in the menu so that i know that was the beginning part of the SAVE.  

2) set my timer for 15 minutes

3)play the game as normal

4) go back out to home screen (only did this on my system after reading some post)

5)as the timer goes off do something crazy in the game that i know i can't forget - in case of NFS rivals, use turbo and make a huge crash

the few minutes in the menu plus the crazy stuff gives me a good unforgetable starting point and end point.  no chance of mistaking it.

each time i check my save both the menu part and my final ending is there.  these were the same results on my friends system as well.  the few times i went back out to the home screen the SAVE shows me crashing and respawn, or the character just standing there

Only time i ever had a wrong clip was when i wanted to save the platnium pop on KNACK.  After i did what i was suppose to do to save the clip i wen't to preview it and it was about 2 hours ago.  thats when i started to try out different methods to see what was causing what.  also thats when i concluded that DOUBLE PRESS delets your last 15 min and create new one and thats what i must have done to try and save KNACK.  Up to this point  all my SAVES have been dead on.   Maybe sony will chime in and release a patch.  my luck i'll start haveing problems after the patch.  who knows.  well i don't know what else to try.  

Message 75 of 605 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1568 posts

Re: share button not recording

Dec 3, 2013

DICE is rolling out another patch tomorrow that enables audio during sharing...

Message 76 of 605 (433 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2062 posts

Dec 3, 2013
I made a suggestion list in my other post that addressed the share button problem, and others. To sum it up here was the suggestion.

2Taps = Start Recording
2Taps = Stop Recording

When recording it records 15min. Saves clip and starts another 15min and so on until you stop recording. That way if you have a match that is 45min. You can save the entire thing and edit later

When recording you get a continuous blinking dot at the top right, the entire time its recording. That way you know for sure it is recording.

Added some other suggestions just forgot what they were.
I made this, want one for yourself? PM me
Message 77 of 605 (427 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Re: Share Issue

Dec 3, 2013

Ok, so I played another BF4 session and...

The same thing happened. I had something cool happen, I hit the share button once, the menu pulled up, my video was there with the correct thumbnail, and the video was 15 minutes of footage from about an hour before I hit the share button. Super frustrating! I cannot figure out why my PS4 is recording 15 minutes of extremely old footage! Someone help!

Message 78 of 605 (390 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Dec 3, 2013

i guess spyder_21 suggestion will work until they fix the share button. thanks for the info. ill just have t o remember to delete the videos after im done playing to save hdd space. 

Message 79 of 605 (346 Views)
0 Likes