Do you mean 
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Re: TOMB RAIDER PS4 - Error CE-34878-0 - Fix / Prevention

Feb 9, 2014

BRIT-KO wrote:

Kadmar wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

I had a random crash yesterday, something about sending information to Sony about the error, not sure if this is the same or similar to the one you guys are referring to or not, but it was also during a save with TRDE, the save file though is fine, it loaded up just great.

BRIT-KO

I am pretty sure you had that crash when Lara is jumping to the helicopter running away from an explosion. Everybody had that crash without issue.

But then you will face the crashes that are deadly for your save file and they usually occur at Shipwreck Beach when you fast travel away from it and fast travel back. Try to complete everything 100% and every tomb you have to complete before reaching Shipwreck Beach.

Correct, it was exactly there.

I've just started doing the 'Fast Travel' collecting thing, cleared 6 areas to 100% last night, no issues so far with save files.

I'm pretty sure I also did Shipwreck Beach, but I could be mistaken, you're saying make that the last one to do correct?

BRIT-KO

You can do whatever you want but do not fast travelto shipwreck beach otherwise atsome point it will crash.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 26 (1,477 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 12, 2014

Peanuts on a stick -___-; I dint know about this and i wish they had warned me about this before.. It creached on me at ship wreck beach at 74%  Goodness so this means i have to do everything all over again? Uhm no i dont think so. Unless they fix it or this game will be heading back to the developers as i want my money back! 

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 26 (1,383 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 12, 2014

I have contacted the developer.. and put a warning note on our review at Nisute.com: http://www.nisute.com/2014/02/08/tomb-raider-definitive-edition/

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 26 (1,380 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 20, 2014

So this error just happened to me. I wouldn't have been so annoyed if it had happened a couple of hours into the game but I was basically at the end or near end of the game. I neither have the time nor patience to start the game over.  Not only that but I've now wasted most of the afternoon being annoyed about it.

1. I didn't have a backed-up save file because for some unknown reason the PS4 (or at least my PS4) doesn't automatically back-up files unless you turn it on by adjusting a load of things in the settings. On the PS3 it just asked you when you started playing a game. How is this an improvement?!

2. The save system in Tomb Raider itself is also at fault. In games where it allows you to make your saves manually and use as many slots as you like alongside autosaves (e.g. Dishonored, Skyrim, and many others), I always make sure to have at least two if not more save states and alternate between them so that I lose at worst minimal progress from the game. I realise that you can use up to three slots in Tomb Raider but this is more of a work around rather than part of the game's normal structure - you'd have to be pretty paranoid to do this without already knowing about the potential error. Funnily enough, the first game I had on PS3, Oblivion, crashed whilst saving but unlike Tomb Raider it had a much easier to use multi-slot system so I was able to just go back to a previous save. Why can't all games use this system? I really hope Infamous and/or Thief have it otherwise I am going to have to be ultra-cautious with them to prevent this from happening again.

3. I'm not even sure what exactly caused the error to happen as the last time I actually played the game I finished my session, quit to the menu, and turned off the system without issue. The only thing I can think of is that the error actually happened whilst I was loading the saved game, which is weird as for most of you it seems like it happened whilst playing. I was loading a save at the camp in the Shipwreck area I believe, which does seem to be one of the problem areas with this in Tomb Raider so that might explain it.

This is situation is simply unacceptable. Whoever is to blame here needs to fix it asap. The problem also being reported on Xbox One makes me hope it may be an issue with the game rather than the PS4 itself, but then this error seems to have cropped up on a number of PS4 titles albeit not always manifesting itself in the same way.

P.S. I posted this on the U.S. thread rather the EU one as it seems to be more active.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 26 (1,179 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Mar 5, 2014
I too just got that error message on my PS4. I was at 77% just died falling down a cliff and the error message came up! I am so frustrated, i have spent the last four days totally hooked on this game, collecting everything i could, now this? The same thing happend to me for battlefield 4, i ended up trading it in and got tomb raider instead only to find out that it has the same problem! What the hell?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 26 (983 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28644 posts

Mar 5, 2014

I managed to finish the game without any hickups, however that was possibly only once I saw this Thread & also read about this possible issue elsewhere I left Shipwreck beach till the last.

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 26 (972 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Mar 6, 2014

Oh thank god. Just uploaded my save from PS cloud and it worked. Lost about 1 hour of gameplay, but i won't complain about that! Pfewf!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 26 (964 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 18, 2014

It's not about programming... Same error is reported by many users (me included) and it's totally random. People had lost saves on BF4, FIFA 14, Killzone, TR... Do you want to tell me that all those games are bad? Even PS4 OS is crashing, Playroom is crashing... Is that also bad programming? 

I don't have problem with FIFA, but many other users do. Same error. Save games are lost forever. I have PS Plus subscription and downloaded Outcast and it crashes on loading with same CE error. Is Outlas badly programmed too? 

I don't buy that. Sony released console that was not finished. If something is badly programmed it's the new Sony OS. I'm not buying any new games until they fix this or replace my console, but  when I get the console which will load Outlast, Playroom and FIFA normally, I'm pretty sure Tomb Raider will work like charm too... 

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 26 (863 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 1, 2014

Same problem here, even after the patch this bug persists. I just lost 1.5 hours of progress. Thank god I had read about this disastrous bug before and was using multiple save games. The game crashed while auto saving at shipwreck beach (unrelated to fast travel or anything, just climbing up to the research base) and boom..save game nuked.

FWIW I also had the crash when jumping into the heli, that one didn't destroy my save game though. Very sad Sony, very sad.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 26 (776 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: TOMB RAIDER PS4 - Error CE-34878-0

Apr 22, 2014

Its been a couple of monts now but the problem stil exists... 

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 26 (649 Views)
0 Likes