Apr 01 2014
By: cMedel_m First Son 2 posts

ps4 controller wont charge on wall charger.

7 replies 2762 views Edited Apr 1, 2014
I used to charge my ps4 controller on a wall charger it but one day i tried to charge it again and it wont charge just on the ps4 console. The wall charger it works because i used it to charge my phone Any ideas on why is not charging anymore on the wall charger
Message 1 of 8 (2,762 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Re: ps4 controller wont charge on wall charger.

Apr 1, 2014

More than likely either the USB Wall port you have has gone bad or there is to much voltage going through the cord to allow it to charge.  Just my thoughts thou. if it is a 1 cord with wall plug all in 1 no breakaways then cord may be bad.

HO HO HO AHHH SANTA JAWS

\ /

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~^~~~~~\o/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

============Who gives presents and bites people?================

=================Santa Jaws!====================

===============================================================
Message 2 of 8 (2,753 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7106 posts

Apr 1, 2014

cMedel_m wrote:
I used to charge my ps4 controller on a wall charger it but one day i tried to charge it again and it wont charge just on the ps4 console. The wall charger it works because i used it to charge my phone Any ideas on why is not charging anymore on the wall charger

either the chargers fried or the controllers fried. either way, it's because you're charging something with a charger that wasn't designed for it.

you can't just take any old charger that will fit something and expect it to charge flawlessly. chargers and devices all have different power requirements. different watts, amperages, etc. if those numbers don't 100% match up, one, or both of them will be damaged.

was the charger designed for PS controllers, like a charging stand?

Message 3 of 8 (2,747 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

Apr 1, 2014

as long as the voltage is the same and the amperage is equal or greater than you are ok. I use phone chargers for my ds4 and gold headset and my cable box for my ds3s.

Message 4 of 8 (2,742 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 1, 2014
No its my samsung charger and it works i charge my phone everyday
Message 5 of 8 (2,737 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

Apr 1, 2014

try a different cord just to be sure. The ds4 is 5V 800mA. I use two chargers...

LG 5V 1200 mA and LG 5V 850mA. other than swapping cords I dont know what to suggest.

Message 6 of 8 (2,733 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 26, 2014

What charger are you using for your gold headset? my wall charger isnt charging it

Message 7 of 8 (2,187 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 1, 2015
I have this same issue yesterday.. I used to always charge my controller using a universal usb charger (with PS4 usb cable), as well as my iphone charger. But it won't work now for some reason. Did OP ever find a solution to this? Please share. Chargers work fine in case you were wondering. Plus the cable also works fine since I can charge via the PS4.

Thanks
Message 8 of 8 (613 Views)
0 Likes