Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 06 2014
By: AtomosRewindz First Son 3 posts
Accepted Solution

stolen ps4!

20 replies 6851 views Edited Mar 6, 2014
My ps4 got stolen out of my house the other day Is there anything I can do about this or anyway to get it back??
Message 1 of 21 (6,851 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
3970 posts

Re: stolen ps4!

Mar 6, 2014

Hey there Atmos. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. You will want to contact your local authorities and report the robbery to them ASAP. 

J_W

^^^^^^Click to contact Support^^^^^^
Message 2 of 21 (6,846 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 6, 2014
I did but I mean if the guy doesn't sell it to the pawn shops there's probably no way of getting it back right?
Message 3 of 21 (6,842 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
3970 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 6, 2014

Unfortunately there is nothing we can do here to help with your problem. What I recommend doing is changing your password via a PC so whoever now has your PS4 cannot use your account and purchase games. More info on doing that here:

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2541

You may also want to deactivate that PS4 as well to ensure the thieves cannot use the content:. More info here.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5059/

Hope this helps. 

^^^^^^Click to contact Support^^^^^^
Message 4 of 21 (6,838 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 6, 2014
Thank you
Message 5 of 21 (6,832 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1362 posts

Mar 7, 2014

Couldn't you track the PS4 though if whoever stole it logged online?

Message 6 of 21 (6,807 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Mar 7, 2014

If it was that easy to track anything without buying a tracker then alot of itouches would be found.. 

Won the ps4 From taco bell!
eGe EV][L GA/\/\][NG E/\/\P][RE
Message 7 of 21 (6,799 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Mar 7, 2014

My PS4 almost got stolen, i found it on the ground right near my door, the door was also open all night. There was foot steps on the snow. Don't know why they didn't take it, and just left it there on the ground. 

That's why i set up an alarm system in my home, my German Shepard is good help too. I also keep my shotgun handy too. 

Message 8 of 21 (6,770 Views)
First Son
8 posts

Apr 1, 2014

I know that you can in fact that there is something you can do Sony. And I also know that you neglect to on purpose. If i stole a console from your factory tell me what you would do? Then tell me what you do when the police files a subpoena for the information needed to track down a console through your own channel even. 

Recently my PS4 was also stolen. As former CSI for military I wasn't to upset since I know how easy it is to track down. I have the S/N and MAC address of the console which is all that is needed to find it.. I filed a police report and then requested a subpoena for the IP address connected to the MAC address through the Sony channels that are provided to the police force. Now Sony should be replying back to the detective with the IP that is the PS4 is connected to so that we can then subpoena the internet provider for the physical address. 

But, guess what part of that breaks down. Yeah the part where Sony does it's part. And as I was told by the detective and confirmed through research online is that after submitting the subpoena that Sony just falls off the face of the earth. Is it because you know that we will just mindlessly go pick up another system? Rather have two systems sold than help recover one and make a happy customer?  This is too bad. In my house there are three Sony TVs, three PS3s, two Sony phones with two more on preorder, some Sony cameras, well one less since one of those got stolen too, and God knows how much more money thrown your way. 

Before anyone states that I do not know if the System has been connected to the net or not, I do.  I waited to change my account password until I I saw my name go online and for some account activity to take place. I did change my CC info to a one that would not work. After my account went active again then I changed my password. All Sony needs to do is give the police the IP address that that console connected to network from and then the Police can finish thier job in getting it back. 

-Donovan

Message 9 of 21 (6,634 Views)
MVP Support
6539 posts

Apr 10, 2014

Boo_hoo_by_the_cheek.gif

** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **
Playstation Signature photo Signature-1.jpg
MVP Terms and Conditions ______(=^‥^=)______ Forum Rules of Conduct

Message 10 of 21 (6,563 Views)