Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 04 2013
By: Aylas_Hero Survivor 2365 posts

A Unified 2v2 Ruleset

10 replies 166 views Edited May 4, 2013

Hello everyone, I am striving to bring back a competitive community for PSASBR. I want to start by asking all major PSASBR forums to help in creating the most unified ruleset we can that apeals to the largest audience to bring players into a competitive setting and try to restart the competitive community. 

This will all be a part of my upcoming Project All Stars which will be a HUGE push in many communities to get this game up and going in a frenzy again and show SSM we are worth any support they give us.

This is a slightly adjusted set up of my previous rulesets I was using during the heyday of tournaments, I would like any and all feedback on this, and how it could improve so that it would make more players willing to participate.

General Rules:

• Hazards Off
  • Items Off
  • Kill Limit 6
  • If matches go into overtime by trading your final kill, you will play in overtime.
  • All sets are best 2 out of 3 excluding finals which shall be 3 out of 5.
  • Stalling is banned. (Stalling is defined as any action that deliberately avoids all conflict as to make the game unplayable. Running from an opponent to get to a better position is not considered stalling. Decisions on stalling shall be made by referees of the event. All referee decisions are final.)
  • Any action that prevents the game from continuing ends in a forfeiture of the match for the offender.
  • (If this happens as a result of a glitch, if possible, take a screenshot or video of said glitch and file a report to a staff member, who will decide the best course of action to take.)

Neutral Stages:
    • Metropolis
    • Practice Stage Medium 1
    • San Francisco

How To Play A Set:
    1. Players decide who will host. If they cannot mutually agree, it is decided with by a referee.
    2. Players select their characters. Either player may elect to Double Blind Pick1.
    3. Use Stage Striking2 or come to a mutual agreement to determine the first stage. The first match must be played on a neutral stage.
    4. The players play the first match of the set.
    5. The winning player of the previous match may pick a stage to ban.
    6. The winning player of the previous match may choose to change characters.
    7. The losing player of the previous match may choose to change characters.
    8. The losing player of the previous match picks the stage for the next match. They may pick from any neutral stage or any other stage.
    9. The next match is played.
    Repeat Steps 5-9 as needed.

NOTE: If a player has previously won on a stage, they cannot choose to play on the same stage again. However, the loser may elect to play on the same stage.3

Glitches and infinites are strictly prohibited. Violation of this rule will result in a loss of a match, set, or even disqualification depending on a referee’s call. If you have a glitch or exploit occur mid game, please stop playing and contact a referee immediately.

1This allows players to pick characters without the opponent knowing which character you are playing, for the simple reason of avoiding character counterpicking in the first match. This is solved by letting a referee know which character each person is using in private.
    2Stage striking works by selecting which stages you do NOT want to play on in the first match of a set until you have one stage left. That last stage left will be the one used in the first match.
    3Ex: Player 1 wins the first match on Practice Medium 1. Player 2 wins the second match. Player 1 cannot pick Practice Medium 1 for the match of the set. However, Player 2 CAN pick Practice Medium 1.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2365 posts

Re: A Unified 2v2 Ruleset

May 4, 2013
BUMP! I need opinions people, give em to me!
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
847 posts

May 4, 2013

Aylas_Hero wrote:

Hello everyone, I am striving to bring back a competitive community for PSASBR. I want to start by asking all major PSASBR forums to help in creating the most unified ruleset we can that apeals to the largest audience to bring players into a competitive setting and try to restart the competitive community. 

This will all be a part of my upcoming Project All Stars which will be a HUGE push in many communities to get this game up and going in a frenzy again and show SSM we are worth any support they give us.

This is a slightly adjusted set up of my previous rulesets I was using during the heyday of tournaments, I would like any and all feedback on this, and how it could improve so that it would make more players willing to participate.

General Rules:

• Hazards Off
  • Items Off
  • Kill Limit 6
  • If matches go into overtime by trading your final kill, you will play in overtime.
  • All sets are best 2 out of 3 excluding finals which shall be 3 out of 5.
  • Stalling is banned. (Stalling is defined as any action that deliberately avoids all conflict as to make the game unplayable. Running from an opponent to get to a better position is not considered stalling. Decisions on stalling shall be made by referees of the event. All referee decisions are final.)
  • Any action that prevents the game from continuing ends in a forfeiture of the match for the offender.
  • (If this happens as a result of a glitch, if possible, take a screenshot or video of said glitch and file a report to a staff member, who will decide the best course of action to take.)

Neutral Stages:
    • Metropolis
    • Practice Stage Medium 1
    • San Francisco

How To Play A Set:
    1. Players decide who will host. If they cannot mutually agree, it is decided with by a referee.
    2. Players select their characters. Either player may elect to Double Blind Pick1.
    3. Use Stage Striking2 or come to a mutual agreement to determine the first stage. The first match must be played on a neutral stage.
    4. The players play the first match of the set.
    5. The winning player of the previous match may pick a stage to ban.
    6. The winning player of the previous match may choose to change characters.
    7. The losing player of the previous match may choose to change characters.
    8. The losing player of the previous match picks the stage for the next match. They may pick from any neutral stage or any other stage.
    9. The next match is played.
    Repeat Steps 5-9 as needed.

NOTE: If a player has previously won on a stage, they cannot choose to play on the same stage again. However, the loser may elect to play on the same stage.3

Glitches and infinites are strictly prohibited. Violation of this rule will result in a loss of a match, set, or even disqualification depending on a referee’s call. If you have a glitch or exploit occur mid game, please stop playing and contact a referee immediately.

1This allows players to pick characters without the opponent knowing which character you are playing, for the simple reason of avoiding character counterpicking in the first match. This is solved by letting a referee know which character each person is using in private.
    2Stage striking works by selecting which stages you do NOT want to play on in the first match of a set until you have one stage left. That last stage left will be the one used in the first match.
    3Ex: Player 1 wins the first match on Practice Medium 1. Player 2 wins the second match. Player 1 cannot pick Practice Medium 1 for the match of the set. However, Player 2 CAN pick Practice Medium 1.

I dont think there is need to remove ALL the items, and i dont get the 6 kills max, why this?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (142 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6393 posts

May 4, 2013
Seems very similar to the old rules. Fine with me but Idk but the rest of this place.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2365 posts

May 4, 2013
Items off has always been a tournament standard, adding randomness into a match with items makes thing inconsistent.

And 6 kill limit is rather effective, the matches don't go two long and it's like each player has 3 stocks with stock sharing making it fit well with 3 stock 1v1
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
631 posts

May 4, 2013

Why is Metropolis considered a neutral stage? Maybe in Injustice but definitely NOT in All-Stars.

At least...that's my opinion.   o.o

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (102 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6393 posts

May 4, 2013
^Hazards are off
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

May 4, 2013
Hades as another neutral stage?

See more on Know Your Meme
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
135 posts

May 4, 2013
lack of maps. how to choose maps yawn..
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2365 posts

May 5, 2013

Falte52 wrote:
lack of maps. how to choose maps yawn..

So the ability to use every map in the game outside of the frst match isn't enough for you? or did you just not read??

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (45 Views)
0 Likes