Mar 29 2013
By: KiDMachTwo Wastelander 579 posts

Allstars.

7 replies 247 views Edited Mar 29, 2013
As I stated in another thread, your guys' definition of "Allstar" contradicts the point of this game.

You guys want the super popular characters, like Crash and Cloud, but this game is to celebrate the history of PlayStation, which means we have to delve into the obscurity. We HAVE to reach for the less popular characters, to show "hey guys. Look what you missed when you didn't buy _____".

This is PlayStation Allstars. Not "Super Popular Game Characters Battle Royale". This game is to celebrate everyone, and to me, an allstar is a character that left a place in someone's heart. A character they will ALWAYS remember. For a lot, it IS characters like crash, cloud, spyro, etc. But what about those that liked the lesser known games? We should accept the character choices and recognize that even though WE may not like them, others do.

I have never played Gravity Rush, Starhawk, or Dead Space, but I openly welcomed them. I HATED the tomb raider games, but will openly welcome Lara. I never liked Crash, or Spyro, but ill welcome them.

I want a game that celebrates all aspects of the PlayStation, not just the popular ones.

But that's just my opinion.
PSN: SlyZoneCooper
Mains: Big Daddy, Sweet Tooth
Learning: Ratchet, Sir Daniel
Message 1 of 8 (247 Views)
Fender Bender
4120 posts

Re: Allstars.

[ Edited ]
Mar 29, 2013
Im sorry but this thread straight up stupid.

Crash and cloud are two of the biggest reasons why playstation became successful in the first place, they are huge part of playstation history and thats why they need to be in.
Message 2 of 8 (230 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1410 posts

Mar 29, 2013
Take a shot for how ever many other threads like these there are
guaranteed overdose...
 photo newcolesigtest_zps63cc5eb3.png
Message 3 of 8 (217 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
998 posts

Mar 29, 2013
Activision wants to kill Crash. Plus I'd doubt universal studios would sell crash to Sony. Yes they are true b@sterds. So there is no hope for crash to be in the game. But cloud is a different subject but I'd think square enix wants to give lightning first before cloud since lightning is their mascot and cloud is our all-star.
Message 4 of 8 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2538 posts

Mar 29, 2013

I agree that all the charactes do not have to be super popular, but they should have the most popular characters in before they dive into obscurity. Of course I do appreciate how difficult it is for an agreement to be made about DLC that isn't owned by SSM, but I think that once this game gets some steady popularity and is proven to be good for IP's, then we will see more DLC/a sequel.

Message 5 of 8 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
192 posts

Mar 29, 2013

khknight wrote:
Im sorry but this thread straight up stupid.

Crash and cloud are two of the biggest reasons why playstation became successful in the first place, they are huge part of playstation history and thats why they need to be in.

Your comment is straight up stupid. Since when did he say that he didn't want Cloud and Crash? All he said is that they weren't the only ones that are part of Playstation History. Did you know that Tomb Raider sold 100 million ps1 around the world? There are soo many other games that were great in ps1 hence the All-Stars. I agree with him when it comes to these multi platform characters being added, I don't welcome them but im not mad they got in. This game should've been all ps1 and ps2, and some BIG ps3 titles. This game still needs great games, great All-Stars, like to name a few:

Tomba!

Parasite Eve

Oddworld

Brave Fencer Musashi

Silent Hill

Dino Crisis

Mortal Kombat

The Mark of Kri

Legacy of Kain

And obviously the big ones:

Tomb Raider

Final Fantasy

Crash Bandicoot

Spyro the Dragon

Message 6 of 8 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
457 posts

Mar 30, 2013
But this IS "Super Popular Game Characters Battle Royale."
Zeus? MGR Raiden? DmC Dante? Isaac?
As much as I like this game it is nothing more than a marketing tool. They'll pick current characters over past characters any day
Message 7 of 8 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Mar 30, 2013

I think he is right, i dont like cloud,lara,sora.Crash and spyro SURE, they are cool and look different to any other charaters
Besides they dont use swords or guns or any generic weapon.

and Kuro too!LombaxEmmett

Message 8 of 8 (66 Views)
0 Likes