Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 03 2012
By: ResistanceMan236 I Only Post Everything 967 posts

Amaterasu move set, Alt. costumes, and Winning/ losing screens!!

[ Edited ]
28 replies 980 views Edited Sep 6, 2012

I've seen people make move sets for Lightning, Dart, Kat, and Sir Daniel Fortesque. So I though I would do my own move set for Amaterasu! I don't know how many Okami fans we have, but I know there's a few at least. Hope you like it!

Amaterasu.jpg

So first off Im going to explain Alternative Costumes, or In this case, Alternative weapons. In MvC3 you could change Amaterasu's colors, unfortunately, none of them where as good as the original White and red. I don't know if it was just me, but I didn't enjoy playing as Ume (though it did please me when I noticed it was Ume and not a pink Ammy). Therefore I've come up with a better idea! In okami you had your three basic types of Divine instrument's, Reflectors, Rosaries, and Glaives, all of which will be use in her move set. And in those three categories, you had some choices on which one you wanted to use. I think there's five of each type of Instrument, which means there can be five alt. Costumes. I have gone through the trouble of listing them all for you, they will appear in this order from left to right, Reflector/Rosarie/Glavie. Your welcome.

P.S... If you haven't played Okami before and don't know what these look like, look them up! I don't want to have to stick 15 pictures on here!

Divine Retribution/Devout Beads/Tsumugari

Snarling Beast/Life Beads/Seven Strike

Infinity Judge/Exorcism Beads/Blade of Kusangi

Trinity Mirror/Resurrection Beads/Eight Wonder

Solar Flare/Tundra Beads/ Thunder Edge

Now to the good part,

Im guessing you can all figure out what S, T, C, <l>, ^, and v mean? If not here's what they mean. And im pretty sure this is the control layout for character moves.

S = Square button

T = Triangle button

C = circle button

<l> or ^ or v = Direction of D-pad                                                note that most moves will be presented with small, funny comments for your amusement

Square Button will be all attacks with your current Reflector

S (can be used in the air, though with a different effect) / Strike with your reflector! Short range combo attack, medium knockback, while in the air, attacks also hit below you

S + <l> (can be used in the air) / Charge your enemies with your head! See whose is harder!! Medium range charge, large knockback for foe, small knockback for you.

S + ^ (cannot be used in the air) / Send your Reflector up into the air! Along with anyone unfortunate enough to be in front of you... Medium range uppercut

S + v (while on the ground) / Dig holes in the ground for your enemies to find! Show em what happens when you mess with the king of hole digging! Short range trap, traps players (except you) for a short amount of time. Only two holes allowed on the stage at once

S + v (while in the air) / Return to earth quickly, kinda like a meteor! Only more furry! Small range dive, makes a Medium range explosion on contact with the ground or a player.

Triangle Button will be all attacks with your current Rosarie

T (can be used in the air, though with different effect) / Lash out with your rosarie! Sorta like that song by Devo! Long range combo attack, small knockback when combo is finished. While in the air, attacks also hit below you

T + <l> (can be used in the air) / Rosarie Shot! Attacks differ between rosaries (ex. Devout beads are a rapid fire, while The life beads is a single three bead shot), though all do the same damage. Long range attack, no knockback

T + ^ (can be done in the air) upwards slap! Stop airborne enemies! Long range attack, no knockback

T + v (Air only) Firestorm! Flaming infinity symbol appears below you and burns anyone in its way! large AoE, medium knockback

T + v (Ground only) Cherry Bomb! summon up a cherry bomb to blast your foes!! Medium AoE, large knockback, can be pushed around by all players.

Circle Button will be all attacks with your current Glaive

C (can be used in the air, though with different effect) / Attack with your glaive! Medium range combo attack, Large knockback when combo is finished. Can be charged up to increase knockback to huge and knock out a small amount of AP. While in the air, attacks also hit below you

C + <l> (cannot be done in the air) / A dashing Slash! Rhyming was never so deadly! Long range dash, large knockback, slow though (hehe, more rhyming)

C + ^ (can be done in the air) / Rising spin! Make players think twice about jumping over you! Medium range upwards spin, Large knockback

C + v (can only be done on the ground) / Golden Fury! XD Yes people, that golden fury. The one from the game. Medium range **bleep**, no knockback but knocks out a large amount of AP.

Supers!

Level 1 Tachigami / Tachigami Strikes ahead, along with a trail of black ink and the Power slash symbol.

Level 2 Susano strike! / Susano dash's around Amaterasu in a triangle formation, left, then right, then up, then he smashes back down, killing all inside the triangle.

Level 3 Goddess of the Sun / Amaterasu uses the Sunrise technique to bring the sun In closer. All Player will catch fire and can still move around the stage, with increased move speed, though will eventually die if they are on fire. While players are on fire, All of Amaterasus attacks will instantly kill them. When players re-spawn, they will have about five seconds until they start to burn.

Alt. Level 3 Goddess of the Sun / Amaterasu uses the Sunrise technique and brings the sun into the background. She is then surrounded by a fiery Aura and getting those white light tendrils like she does during the final fight, increasing her move speed and jump height. She now can kill players instantly, causing them to explode in fire instead of the normal blue explosion. She can also summon an additional Cherry bomb, and cherry bombs now have a humongous AoE.

Taunt: Sits down, barks twice, maybe an ear scratch.

Block: uses current reflector as a shield. Also Reflects projectiles (hence the name). If you successfully block an attack within one second of pressing the block button, Amaterasu grabs the attacker, jumps into the air, does the spinning drop thing and smashes player back on the ground. Attack dose not grant nor knock AP out of players.

Evade: Fleetfoot (because normal rolls are boring)

Win match: Victory howl!

Lose match: hangs head down and wimpers

Scorce screen win: Sitting with tounge hanging out of her mouth

Scorce screen lose: Laying down with head under paws

Still don't Think Amaterasu should be in this game? Listen to this music, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya3yxTbkh5s and think hard, do you want another boring human? Or do you want a Epic Wolf goddess? Something new, or something old? (Amaterasu is the new thing by the way, not the old)

So what do you all think? Pretty impressive, I know, but its not perfect. Tell me what you think needs to be changed or if its good!

Photobucket
Message 1 of 29 (980 Views)
Survivor
2494 posts

Re: Amaterasu move set and Alt. Costumes!

[ Edited ]
Aug 3, 2012

The Fire Will Rise

"A man's venom poisons himself more than his victims."
By the way, just call me Count for short.
Message 2 of 29 (977 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
967 posts

Aug 3, 2012

Im guessing that was in agreement with my post, not like, say, epic music makes non-epic things look epic....

Photobucket
Message 3 of 29 (966 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2494 posts

Aug 3, 2012
Oh no, trust me, I'm in agreement. I would love another Capcom rep with either Amaterasu or a Resident Evil rep alongside Dante! :smileyhappy: I'm sorry, I'm just kind of in a Dark Knight Rises mood today, lol.
"A man's venom poisons himself more than his victims."
By the way, just call me Count for short.
Message 4 of 29 (959 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
967 posts

Aug 3, 2012

Oh ok. well time for me to wait and see if this post gets overlook by all the other posts. Posts like Crash is in the game? OMGMGGMG!! and Beta threads that everyone has already seen and video of Peoples negitive review of ASBR.

Photobucket
Message 5 of 29 (951 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

Aug 3, 2012

Good to see that im not the only one who thinks Ammy would be a logical character :catsurprised:

Message 6 of 29 (934 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Aug 3, 2012

I like that character , i played in marvel vs capcom 3 =)

Message 7 of 29 (906 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
967 posts

Aug 3, 2012

yes, she was very fun in MvC but she was much better in Okami

Photobucket
Message 8 of 29 (876 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
967 posts

Aug 3, 2012

But besides that, I like the hear what people think of my ideas. So tell me, what do you all think about... well, everything?

Photobucket
Message 9 of 29 (846 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

Re: Amaterasu move set, Alt. costumes, and Winning/ losing screens!!

Aug 4, 2012

I have to revive this since Okami is one my favorite games of all time.

I think the Izuni Drop as a block may be a little overpowered: most characters have a special move designated towards counters (like Sly and Heihachi). Maybe find a way to incorporate more brush powers into her move-set?

For instance, a Super jump is done with X + Up. Sly uses his feet, Cole does an Ice Launch and I think Radec has rocket boots in the later builds. Maybe the vine power could be Ammy's?

I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:

Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg

Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.

Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Message 10 of 29 (801 Views)
0 Likes