Jun 03 2013
By: TONESTER_925 Uncharted Territory 1401 posts

Assists Thoughts

6 replies 93 views Edited Jun 3, 2013

Many of you including myself wanted to see a sort of Assist Trophy type item present in PSASBR but it didn't happen. Only in a form of cheerleaders. 

SCENARIO 1:

Playing Street Fighter Vs. Xmen (I think) where you had an X amount of Assists depending on the character chosen as an assist partner. Pressing the L2 button (I believe) will have a character such as Hulk fly passed the screen with an elbow charge. Doing this depletes the amount of assists you have for the match.

For PSASBR, maybe we can use these Assist Partners our Super Meter. Say we are playing with Ratchet withan Assist Partner Doctor Nefarious. While fighting, we press L2 and Doctor Nefarious throws in one of those "slow motion bubbles"  towards your opponent. This will drain 1 Super level everytime this is done. You had a level 2 Super but now only one. With your opponent in the bubble, you will be able to execute a Level 1 Super perfectly depending where the bubble landed and if your opponent is in the right placement. I think this will work great with 1v1 matches also.

SCENARIO 2:

We get a stand alone Assist Bar that can also reach 3 levels (maybe) making each level powerful but, the only way of gaining "Assist Points *Working Name*" you have to get beat up. So it will be **bleep** for tat in a sense. The more you get beat up, the more your opponent gains AP for his super meter, but you gain "AP*WN" for the amount of damage you take. 

Share your thoughts and additions and what not

Photobucket
Message 1 of 7 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1808 posts

Re: Assists Thoughts

[ Edited ]
Jun 3, 2013

In response to scenario 1: It's not a bad idea, but i think the reason the assists work well in those other games is because theyre 1 on 1 type fighting games. So having multiple characters flying around on screen isnt so bad. But in a party brawler, things could easily get too hectic, crowded, distracting, and i could see it causing lag. 

The only idea i can think of that fits is the SSBB version: Theres an item that's a little capsule that releases an assist character, and that has varying effects depending on the character released.

See more on Know Your Meme
Message 2 of 7 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
202 posts

Jun 3, 2013

sprocideon wrote:

In response to scenario 1: It's not a bad idea, but i think the reason the assists work well in those other games is because theyre 1 on 1 type fighting games. So having multiple characters flying around on screen isnt so bad. But in a party brawler, things could easily get too hectic, crowded, distracting, and i could see it causing lag. 

The only idea i can think of that fits is the SSBB version: Theres an item that's a little capsule that releases an assist character, and that has varying effects depending on the character released.

I have to agree here. If there was a 1v1 mode then I could see this working very well.

Dante - Demon Hunter.pngEvil Cole - Demon of Empire City.pngThe Olympians.pngIsaac

Message 3 of 7 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2501 posts

Jun 3, 2013
They need to have memory card assist trophies, THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!
-Straight from the Shadow Realm (V)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(V)

(\The Official Forgotten Shadow of the PSAS Boards/)
Message 4 of 7 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
202 posts

Jun 3, 2013

TheShadowMan683 wrote:
They need to have memory card assist trophies, THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!

Explain?

Dante - Demon Hunter.pngEvil Cole - Demon of Empire City.pngThe Olympians.pngIsaac

Message 5 of 7 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2501 posts

Jun 3, 2013
*NEW ITEM* Memory Card: three different types, PSX memory card, PS2 memory card, PS3 hard drive. When picked up, a character from that era of gaming will come out and help you in some way.

Explanation for Foaley
-Straight from the Shadow Realm (V)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(V)

(\The Official Forgotten Shadow of the PSAS Boards/)
Message 6 of 7 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
202 posts

Jun 3, 2013

TheShadowMan683 wrote:
*NEW ITEM* Memory Card: three different types, PSX memory card, PS2 memory card, PS3 hard drive. When picked up, a character from that era of gaming will come out and help you in some way.

Explanation for Foaley

Thanks and that sounds awesome!

Message 7 of 7 (48 Views)
0 Likes