Jul 12 2012
By: Zezzler Wastelander 596 posts

Concern towards PlayStation All-Stars

7 replies 545 views Edited Jul 12, 2012

I've been following PlayStation All-Stars ever since it was leaked as the PS3 exclusive crossover fighter called "Title Fight" and I’ve been following it all up until (and including) the information revealed at EVO2k.  I've been interested in all of the new stages, characters, items, and especially the game mechanics. And as a whole, I'm VERY Excited for the game. As far as the game mechanics go, I'm fairly excited. It seems like great multiplayer fun, with some great fighting/party mechanics.

None of that is what I am concerned about.

This Stuff Looks Really Effing Fun!

As I (and I'm sure many of you) hate to make the comparison; This game bears a fairly good resemblance to Smash Bros. I'm not saying that it doesn't take inspiration from many more traditional fighting games as well, because it certainly does as well. But the 4-player fighting style certainly brings up comparisons to the Smash Bros series.

What Not many people are comparing though, and this is where my concern lies, is in the options and depth of content. 

What I really love Smash Bros about is that I can jump into a 2 minute match where all the K.O.s get counted at the end, or I can customize all of my own personal options and create a match that is perfect for me. With All-Stars, I really want to be able to set stage rotations, make only certain specific items available to spawn, or even turn off items entirely. I want to be able to have a match where there is 4 character stock, no items, 7 minute matches, and stage hazards are turned off. There are the kind of option I REALLY, REALLY want to see in PlayStation All-Stars. 

Another thing that smash bros has that I'd really like to see reflected in All-Stars is the plethora of single player (and co-op) content. Smash Bros has an Adventure Mode, Arcade Mode, All-Stars mode, Home-Run, Board the Platforms, Hit the targets, Training mode, Boss-Rush, Multi-man Melee/Brawl, 40+ single player events, 40+ co-op events, and over 120 different challenges and unlockables (in the form of music, stages, trophies, etc).

I realize that so far Omar and the great developers over at SuperBot Entertainment have only really shown off local multiplayer and haven't talked single-player, or settings/customization and gametypes, but I really hope they put a lot of the kind of things I listed above. I want to be playing All-Stars for hundreds of hours, day after day, and be able to pick it up and play a match even 2 years after launch. I also really hope that the kind of match customization and setting above are available to use online as well (for matchmaking, and friendly custom-games), because with the PS3's great online archetype that kind of stuff is very possible. 

So Hopefully the great folks at SuperBot take this kind of stuff seriously as I'm really looking forward to the game. I'm already sold on the concept and the mechanics, and I do have to say that having lots of unlockable bonus costumes (like the ones shown as pre-order bonuses) would be fantastic (along with many different character colours). I can't wait to hear more soon (especially since there are going to be two more characters announced at SDCC this week) and hope the Dev Team has their ears wide upon to suggestions and fan feedback like this! 

Message 1 of 8 (545 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
930 posts

Re: Concern towards PlayStation All-Stars

Jul 12, 2012

You can change the game to your likeing. Items, hazards, times etc

There is a lose story on why these characters are together.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 8 (532 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Jul 12, 2012
they confirmed all that jazz at evo lol pay attention dude, challenges, extensive training and practice mode. The fact that u can turn offstage hazards and items has been known for a while.
Message 3 of 8 (527 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
596 posts

Jul 12, 2012
For real? I thought they just showed off some more gameplay and announced Toro and Heihachi at Evo? Would you mind showing me a source or something? No offence intended, I'm just curious to read more? Did they do a panel or something?
Message 4 of 8 (510 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

Jul 12, 2012
I'm a definite smash fan and have been in the community for a long time. With that said i didn't care for any of the options besides verses and i only did sub-space to earn chars, when i got a new wii i didn't even bother i just did v.s mode to unlock them.
- If you like my idea or post, be sure to let me know with kudos =) -
Message 5 of 8 (505 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5383 posts

Jul 12, 2012
Yes
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Message 6 of 8 (504 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
832 posts

Jul 12, 2012

Zezzler wrote:
For real? I thought they just showed off some more gameplay and announced Toro and Heihachi at Evo? Would you mind showing me a source or something? No offence intended, I'm just curious to read more? Did they do a panel or something?

Yep, the SuperBot EVO panel can be found on YouTube. Here's Part 1:

Message 7 of 8 (487 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
596 posts

Jul 12, 2012

Godlike_Shanker wrote:

Zezzler wrote:

Yep, the SuperBot EVO panel can be found on YouTube. Here's Part 1:

Awesome Thanks! Hopefully this will provide a lot of insight to the concerns i've made in this thread. thanks!

Message 8 of 8 (474 Views)
0 Likes