Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Re: Confirmed No more DLC.

Jun 16, 2013
I think the concept of the super system is what made many deem the game complicated & unfriendly for new comers. It's just a tricky thing for most casual players to get around in the first few matches, made further complicated due to not knowing what each level super for each character will do. You get the hang of it fairly quickly, but for a party brawler, most people just don't get to play long enough to fully understand it.

In hindsight, the basic fighting mechanic & combos is much easier for anyone to pick up and play, in comparison to say Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat, in which a newcomer won't know what the hell they're doing against an experienced player. For those who argue that an experienced player has an advantage over newcomers in PSABR too, well that'll always be the case for games in the 'fighter' genre, Smash Bros included.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 11 of 40 (722 Views)
Sackboy
372 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 16, 2013

Honestly, I don't care for the DLC, not that I wouldn't like to see any, but I'm more focused on the sequel. I seriously would love to see it. Give it a much bigger budget and I doubt that we would see the glitches and problems that plagued the first one. Sony has a huge opportunity here with this game. Heck, maybe one day they could pair up with Nintendo and create Smash bros vs. Allstars or something like that!(Think about it.)  Also, Sony has literally thousands of characters to pit up against in Allstars, Characters Like Gex that people would love to see make a comeback, or even just appear in the one game. I don't wanna see it be forgotten. In my mind, I dream of a day where PSAS is as big as Smash! It's a long shot I know, but a guy can dream can't he? Call me a fanboy if you like, but this game is one of my favorite fighters of ALL TIME. It'd be a shame if Sony just threw it away.  I'll continue to hope for a sequel no matter what. Heck, I'm STILL going to play the hell out of Allstars even without any dlc because quite frankly, the game is hella fun. And the current roster is just fine with me.  Just like Seth said way back in the interview about the Isaac and Zeus Dlc, "Fingers crossed for a sequel!"

Message 12 of 40 (700 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
410 posts

Jun 16, 2013

stone fox anyone

Message 13 of 40 (686 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Jun 16, 2013

Sandrifall wrote:

stone fox anyone

Carmelita?

Message 14 of 40 (682 Views)
Lombax Warrior
88 posts

Jun 16, 2013

ossiecastro5 wrote:

Sandrifall wrote:

stone fox anyone

Carmelita?

^ This. Anyway, The super system wasn't too hard to grasp..After all it's a one button input. The real problem with it, is that that's where all the unbalances start to appear. 

Why would you bother doing Dante's Overdrive, when you can just sit on one side of the screen and just spam Issac's level 1? Heck, they even freeze the oppenent for you! 

Don't get me wrong, it IS unique, but if it were handled a little better, it could've been good, but even so, for a fighting game to have that mechanic is..So wrong. 

I can just imagine street fighter with that..  Flowchart ken anyone? Smiley Happy 

Message 15 of 40 (586 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
58 posts

Jun 16, 2013

Yes, I heard. Today, Santa Monica Studios has officially lost my business forever. They already killed two of my favorites games (Twisted Metal and this game), I will not let them kill another. I will still be keeping any past games developed from them, but I will not be buying any of their future titles. If a game they made that I wanted to support dies. my plans to buy God of War: Ascension dies along with it. I will be supporting another company who actually cares about their games like Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch Productions, and Insomniac Games.

Message 16 of 40 (552 Views)
Wastelander
847 posts

Jun 16, 2013

Gamerzlimited wrote:

Yes, I heard. Today, Santa Monica Studios has officially lost my business forever. They already killed two of my favorites games (Twisted Metal and this game), I will not let them kill another. I will still be keeping any past games developed from them, but I will not be buying any of their future titles. If a game they made that I wanted to support dies. my plans to buy God of War: Ascension dies along with it. I will be supporting another company who actually cares about their games like Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch Productions, and Insomniac Games.

Ppl need to start doing this, boycotting these bad(evil) company, im gonna include SM on my list(EA already there).

Nice going sony, first the money, last the costumer, the game didnt sold very well, yet it had a strong fan base...till now.

Message 17 of 40 (526 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
944 posts

Jun 16, 2013

That was taken from the IGN Podcast. He never said anything about DLC, just a possible sequel.

All-Stars Conquistador Music Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fJp-EtS0QQk
Message 18 of 40 (518 Views)
Splicer
58 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 16, 2013

Aquoon wrote:

Gamerzlimited wrote:

Ppl need to start doing this, boycotting these bad(evil) company, im gonna include SM on my list(EA already there).

Nice going sony, first the money, last the costumer, the game didnt sold very well, yet it had a strong fan base...till now.

It's not Sony's fault really, it's actually Santa Monica Studios. They're the ones to blame. The other three companies I said also work exculsively for Sony as well and they care about their games. And a few minutes ago after I posted that, I realized SMS actually killed a third game, which was Starhawk. More reason to stop supporting them. They only care about games they developed themselves and not games they co-developed.

Message 19 of 40 (512 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9892 posts

Jun 16, 2013
You guys act like this game has NO chance of a sequel. When in fact, it does. Just not immediately. Maybe after 5 years we'll see something on PS4.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 20 of 40 (484 Views)