I Only Post Everything
949 posts

Re: Confirmed No more DLC.

Jun 17, 2013

yes, superbot dun **bleep**ed up. this game could have been amazing

Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 31 of 40 (473 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9937 posts

Jun 17, 2013
You can't blame SB. They worked with what they had. Take your beef to Sony, the ones who couldn't give the game a larger budget.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 32 of 40 (466 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 17, 2013

I don't mean to bring up Smash Bros, but Melee was released two years after it's original game. The third installment (Brawl) was released SEVEN YEARS after Melee. And the latest addition (3DS/WiiU) will most likely be released in 2014, which would be about 3 or 4 years after Brawl's release. We can all agree that Smash Bros is successful, but it didn't mean that they were releasing them all that fast.

Going on the subject of Superbot, I would say that considering Superbot is a relatively new developing company, they did really well.

Hell, look at the bottom of this page. "Best of E3 2012 Winner!". That's pretty good for their first game.

Message 33 of 40 (459 Views)
Lombax Warrior
88 posts

Jun 17, 2013

"Blame sony" OK, Yeah! Sony Santa monica! That's right! Now this community is getting it!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 34 of 40 (426 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
637 posts

Jun 20, 2013

fireyhotFemz wrote:

Shortly after E3 2013, Shuhei Yoshida of Sony Worldwide Studios commented on future DLC Releases, commenting the game's sale of 1 million units but claiming "it was not enough to have the momentum in terms of a business standpoint to continue to add characters or do a sequel", confirming no more DLC is likely to be released.

How do you expect a game to be at the top if there isn't one advertisement, nor you are promoting the game like crazy. There's no telling how many different commercials/billboards/ads/trailers for The Last Of Us I have seen in the past month...

Marketing people... it's a class you take in college. SSM must have dropped out or flunked the class.

Photobucket
999 With Sir Dan! Seasons with Belt--Green: 4 Red: 2 Purple: 2 Brown: 1
Message 35 of 40 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
203 posts

Jun 20, 2013

PinaChronic wrote:

fireyhotFemz wrote:

Shortly after E3 2013, Shuhei Yoshida of Sony Worldwide Studios commented on future DLC Releases, commenting the game's sale of 1 million units but claiming "it was not enough to have the momentum in terms of a business standpoint to continue to add characters or do a sequel", confirming no more DLC is likely to be released.

How do you expect a game to be at the top if there isn't one advertisement, nor you are promoting the game like crazy. There's no telling how many different commercials/billboards/ads/trailers for The Last Of Us I have seen in the past month...

Marketing people... it's a class you take in college. SSM must have dropped out or flunked the class.

Im really liking the radio ads for Last of Us. Most people have no idea what going on when a little girl voice is on. it really made me think about the game and do i want it.

Message 36 of 40 (290 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Jun 20, 2013

If you look at the title that had the most success in this genre (super smash: melee) you would understand why a game like PSASBR is failing. SSBM was a game that appeased a plathora of people; It was interesting to watch, had a deep metagame, easier for newcomers to pick up and learn but at the same time had complex moves to master, a great combo system, Great offline play (and it only got better in SSBB) and it had SSB to introduce it. It has basically been proven that the only way a title like this succeed was with the percentile system. People like smacking somebody and watching them fly across the screen, or have the ability to DI and know that you lived by a margin. This game does have a few things going for it, It has a WIDE availability for the cast selection that people all know and love (you can literally throw anybody in this game), it has amazing online play compared to SSBB, and it was going somewhere with the "super" system.

All in all I believe that the game is just like Super smash brothers the orignal, it was the first version of a masterpiece that is soon to be built.

Message 37 of 40 (261 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
998 posts

Jun 20, 2013
Smash ? Original? The smash bros. completely copied all off the gameplay from "The outfoxies" check it out even the game's developer confessed due to his interest in that game.
Message 38 of 40 (258 Views)
First Son
15 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2013

You misinterpeted my use of "original" I ment it as "Super smash brothers 64" as in it has flaws because it's the first of its series.

Message 39 of 40 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
998 posts

Jun 20, 2013
@theOne yeah the first smash bros. was just going to be one-shot thing(also the budget was really low) , since the game's developers didn't take it seriously buy they were surprised the public liked it , that they went to make a sequel and another after and another.
Message 40 of 40 (244 Views)
0 Likes