Survivor
2365 posts

Re: DLC Request and Research Thread

Jan 25, 2013
A lot of those studios will be added. I got a LOT of research to do before I think this list gets even close to being done.

And thanks for the poll! That will help nicely! Smiley Very Happy
Message 31 of 53 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3580 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013

oversevethousand wrote:

retrosoul22 wrote:

oversevethousand wrote:

I... can't even begin to fathom how you find Etna and Teddie easy, hell, even remotely plausible, when the former isn't even a Sony exclusive, and then go and find Crash and Spyro as hard to no way.

And for that matter? If Skylanders Spyro were to get in, he'd just get a DLC outfit with his old look anyway, so it's not like there'd be any big difference anyway.

Anyway, Tag from Mod Nation Racers seems like an excellent idea, among others, and it's just wacky he's not near the top of any list given he's a Sony exclusive character and on all of their current platforms.

I see you don't know a thing about ATLUS. The company is very easy to work with and they are completely fine with giving their characters. (A crap ton of Persona characters were in Lord of vermilion 2 a japanese only arcade/card game made by Think Garage and produced/owned by Square Enix that has a lot of a guest characters from companies like SNK, the company that makes MAGIC the Gathering, and Arc System Works) However, when it comes to characters, Yu Narukami has a better chance then Teddie.

Also, tell me why you think Crash and Spyro would be easier to acquire then an ATLUS rep?

For one, the simple fact that this is a blatantly Western game and JRPG characters are mostly Eastern. Persona 4 characters are hardly "All Stars," and don't exactly represent... anything. Spyro, on the other hand, has an ongoing franchise right now, even if he's not the star of it, and Crash at least, like Spyro, is one of the two most wanted characters for the game. No matter how much you hate "the evil Activision," they can't (and likely won't) ignore that forever.

Funny because there's tons of things stating that Crash and Spyro are very difficult to acquire. Superbot even commented on Sony having to be the ones to talk to Activision at this point. Specifically for Crash. (For the record, i don't care if Crash or Spyro get in so i'm not hating on Activision)

You Also seem to be implying that this game isn't going to release in Japan when it will at the end of the month. A Persona 4 rep, or a JRPG rep in general, would help with sales there.

Message 32 of 53 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 25, 2013

I... didn't imply that for a minute! I'm simply pointing out that, looking at the roster, it's clearly more Western oriented. If Sony of Japan had had at least a 50% say in this (frankly, if they even care), I can't imagine that the roster would be the way it is now.

Message 33 of 53 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3580 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013

oversevethousand wrote:

I... didn't imply that for a minute! I'm simply pointing out that, looking at the roster, it's clearly more Western oriented. If Sony of Japan had had at least a 50% say in this (frankly, if they even care), I can't imagine that the roster would be the way it is now.

I might have missread it. Because thats how it read to me. Sorry.

Sony of japan should have a large amount of say since it's part of the home company. They probably don't care much outside of Toro and Kuro.

Message 34 of 53 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 25, 2013

I imagine as much. I hope some companies over there feel differently, though.

Also, regarding the first post and topic, I reread what's been written and, despite my earlier disdain, think you've done a good job compiling this so far! Well done! That said, I do really think Tag would be easy, and the racing genre could really use someone.

Message 35 of 53 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2365 posts

Jan 25, 2013
I promise to do some looking into Tag then too. Smiley Happy
Message 36 of 53 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3580 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013

oversevethousand wrote:

I imagine as much. I hope some companies over there feel differently, though.

Also, regarding the first post and topic, I reread what's been written and, despite my earlier disdain, think you've done a good job compiling this so far! Well done! That said, I do really think Tag would be easy, and the racing genre could really use someone.

Thanks.

I agree. Tag would be amazing and he would be the only character that could rep the racing genre. (I'm honestly not sure who his rival would be since Sackboy is taken and Iota would be better with the Puppeteer rep)

Message 37 of 53 (152 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

Jan 25, 2013
Megaman
This is relevant to my inetrest
Message 38 of 53 (146 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jan 25, 2013
cant go wrong with james heller-prototype 2
Message 39 of 53 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Jan 25, 2013

Hooded Traveler (Journey): NO WAY

I would assume this for a lot of the same reasons on Team ICO has presented fot their characters. This game is a work of art as well as a game. However, a stage mash up could almost be Plausible, and would be very beatiful with Flower or maybe somehow with Flow.

Chell PLAUSIBLE:

She is one of the many characters from the Michale commercial and apparently Gaben likes the PS3 a lot more than the Xbox. (Combining the PS3 version of Portal 2's online with Steam)

Sora (NO WAY): If Sora was owned soley by Square Enix, i would have called this one as a HARD or possibly PLAUSIBLE but there's one factor that pushes Sora's inclusion into NO WAY. Disney. i've heard that disney is like an overprotective mother to Sora, not wanting to expose him to any outside violence. Disney even felt the need to censor what happened during the Pirates of the Carribean world in Kingdom Hearts 2. Could you imagine them letting sora be in a game with a serial killing clown, a murderous sex-crazed spartan, and a genetically altered monster that protects a little girl who harvest drugs from corpses? Not only would he be among those characters, Sora would also be able to use the in-game pick-up items such as a rail gun, rocket launcher, axe, spear, etc. There may be a slight sliver of hope in the fact that PSASBR is only cartoon violence though.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Hooded Traveler (Journey):

I wouldn't put him under a no way, maybe a plausible would seem more likely. Let's not forget that Santa Monica also worked on Journey and as you can see they have pretty much stuffed every single title they own into this game, which I don't mind at all because their games are usually huge hits. With Journey being a huge hit and Playstation exclusive I could see the Hooded Traveler as a Plausible character. I'd hate to be the guy to say it again but if they made Fat Princess a fighter they can make anyone a figher. 

If not a character, a Journey stage would be pretty great. ( I would prefer both)

Chell: 

I'll have to agree with you that she would be a plausible character. The PS3 has been recieving lots of love from Valve with it's exclusive DLC like the PSmove and exclusive cross-play with PC like you stated. I'd really love to see Portal make it's way into this game.

Sora: 

Another guy that I don't think should be considered "No Way". I mean sure Disney has tried to protect Sora from violence in the past but guess what, the original fanbase grew up and so should Kingdom Hearts (kind of like how Harry Potter grew with the audience). Disney has also recently bough Lucas Arts and Marvel in attempts to attract to the male audience, which is clearly what they are trying to do right now. What better way to attract a bunch of dudes to Disney but with video games? Let's also not forget that Sony has some sort of good relationship with Disney seeing the amount of Disney DLC made for LBP, actually I'm pretty sure 90% of LBP DLC are from Disney.

Message 40 of 53 (127 Views)