May 09 2013
By: CaptainFoaley Lombax Warrior 202 posts
Accepted Solution

Dante's EC

39 replies 250 views Edited May 9, 2013

If you thought this was going to be a rage post, you're wrong. We've all seen plenty of posts raging about Dante's EC, but I honestly am fine with it, I just hate that majority of Dante's are serious turtlers. However, that's not the point of this!
   I've only seen Dante's that abuse the EC like mad in-game, but on the forum I've seen several people claiming that they don't and are still able to dominate. Well I played Dante when I first started, but I didn't really ever get a serious grasp on him and his combos. Recently picked him back up (nearing 999) and I've gotten better and have been able to do great in a few matches, but I feel that I'm still lacking. I'd really appreciate at least some tips in response or even to play alongside some better players to watch and learn.

Dante - Demon Hunter.pngEvil Cole - Demon of Empire City.pngThe Olympians.pngIsaac

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 40 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

Re: Dante's EC

[ Edited ]
May 9, 2013

I could help you out when im free (usually weekends). Other great Dante players that are a lot better than me include Pheracus and Cutscene_Dante (that i can think of off the top of my head).

Also, check out these vids for some ideas:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw7pY03SixA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=RMvV5TWa7R0

See more on Know Your Meme
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 40 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

May 9, 2013

By the way you're not alone in your opinion. I actually don't care about the empty cancel either; I don't really think that it's that bad compared to other things (like Issac's gun loop or Zeus' dodge). But at the same time I'd rather SSM nerf it just so that the gaming community will be happy with Dante again. (Personally I still can't do the empty cancel. I guess my fingers are just too slow).

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 40 (235 Views)
Lombax Warrior
202 posts

[ Edited ]
May 9, 2013

sprocideon wrote:

By the way you're not alone in your opinion. I actually don't care about the empty cancel either; I don't really think that it's that bad compared to other things (like Issac's gun loop or Zeus' dodge). But at the same time I'd rather SSM nerf it just so that the gaming community will be happy with Dante again. (Personally I still can't do the empty cancel. I guess my fingers are just too slow).

Yeah I can't do it either, yet :smileywink:. I'll add you and maybe we can play sometime this weekend. But yeah Isaac is in serious need of nerfing, in my opinion, since he has two loop combos. MRW I first saw the gun loop: "Wait... What? Why can't I get out..... Why isn't he reloading? AP BURST!? what? WHAT? WHAT!?!" It would be nice if they could somehow nerf Dante's EC so that it can't be looped, because I'm fine with it being a KC or leading into a combo, despite that it's annoying.

P.S. I'm stealing the character icon in your signature, I've been looking for a Dante one. Thanks

Dante - Demon Hunter.pngEvil Cole - Demon of Empire City.pngThe Olympians.pngIsaac

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 40 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
578 posts

May 9, 2013
I'd be glad to try and help out on mic after my PS3 gets fixed. c:

Oh spro, I forgot to mention, but... nice shampuru avatar, lol.
 photo psasbrsig_zpsdfbc77fd.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 40 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

May 9, 2013

CaptainFoaley wrote:

sprocideon wrote:

Yeah I can't do it either, yet :smileywink:. I'll add you and maybe we can play sometime this weekend. But yeah Isaac is in serious need of nerfing, in my opinion, since he has two loop combos. MRW I first saw the gun loop: "Wait... What? Why can't I get out..... Why isn't he reloading? AP BURST!? what? WHAT? WHAT!?!" It would be nice if they could somehow nerf Dante's EC so that it can't be looped, because I'm fine with it being a KC or leading into a combo, despite that it's annoying.

P.S. I'm stealing the character icon in your signature, I've been looking for a Dante one. Thanks

Haha, no problem. I actually posted the link in the "How Do I..." thread to where all the original images are. 

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 40 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

May 9, 2013

Cutscene_Dante wrote:

Thanks man :smileyvery-happy: My brother and I wanted to get a different avatar than the basic tiger one. So we literally sat down and went through all of them trying to figure out which one we both wanted. And shampuru won. Although we both don't know what a shampuru is...

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 40 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
578 posts

May 9, 2013

sprocideon wrote:

Thanks man :smileyvery-happy: My brother and I wanted to get a different avatar than the basic tiger one. So we literally sat down and went through all of them trying to figure out which one we both wanted. And shampuru won. Although we both don't know what a shampuru is...

A shampuru is the peon of choice for Chou-Chou in a JRPG called Mugen Souls. Not a game I'd recommend though.

The gameplay is drab and unsatisfying, and the story is like a really bad anime.

The shampurus are cool though. ♥

photo psasbrsig_zpsdfbc77fd.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 40 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
202 posts

May 9, 2013

Cutscene_Dante wrote:

Awesome thanks! What's wrong with it exactly? If YLOD, I don't know what to say unless the disk is still in the system, if that's the case I know how to get it out.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 40 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

May 9, 2013

Cutscene_Dante wrote:

sprocideon wrote:

A shampuru is the peon of choice for Chou-Chou in a JRPG called Mugen Souls. Not a game I'd recommend though.

The gameplay is drab and unsatisfying, and the story is like a really bad anime.

The shampurus are cool though. ♥

Haha, yeah I'm not into those kinds of games anyway :smileytongue: My bro and I just like how it looks.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 40 (200 Views)
0 Likes