May 9, 2013

photo psasbrsig_zpsdfbc77fd.jpg
Message 11 of 40 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
265 posts

Re: Dante's EC

May 9, 2013
I can help you with Sprocideon too, we're very good Dante's, my PSN is Jhodad, and my best advice is move as fast as you can
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013-02-05_00015.jpg

Message 12 of 40 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

May 9, 2013

I've found that I play better with Dante when I'm constantly on the offensive going for my lvl 3, then I react to a situation when I can use the EC kill confirm. I'm still working on reacting to those situations, but it just takes time. I see too many dante's block until they can do the empty cancel when they can be attacking and getting AP much faster.

Message 13 of 40 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
202 posts

May 9, 2013

sprocideon wrote:

I could help you out when im free (usually weekends). Other great Dante players that are a lot better than me include Pheracus and Cutscene_Dante (that i can think of off the top of my head).

Also, check out these vids for some ideas:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw7pY03SixA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=RMvV5TWa7R0

Just watched those videos, the second one will be helpful I'll work on the ones demonstrated in it. That first video though? Nope! Just nope! That is freaking ridiculous, too much twitch reaction for me Smiley LOL. I remember seeing him do a video with Kat too, and I thought I was good with her (w/o abusing (air) down circle).

Dante - Demon Hunter.pngEvil Cole - Demon of Empire City.pngThe Olympians.pngIsaac

Message 14 of 40 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
265 posts

May 9, 2013
@Sprocideon @Pheracus @Cutscene_Dante

We should have a friendly Dante 4some Smiley Very Happy someday!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013-02-05_00015.jpg

Message 15 of 40 (93 Views)
Lombax Warrior
202 posts

May 9, 2013

SaucE_eee-BeAzzT wrote:

I've found that I play better with Dante when I'm constantly on the offensive going for my lvl 3, then I react to a situation when I can use the EC kill confirm. I'm still working on reacting to those situations, but it just takes time. I see too many dante's block until they can do the empty cancel when they can be attacking and getting AP much faster.

Yeah that's what I usually do, focus on getting my 3 or 2 (depending on who my opponents are), since I can't EC and I only know one simple guarantee for his 2, I usually go for my 3 and have ended up getting it, sometimes without paying attention and then I realize I'm a few hits from it. Only times I get kills with my 1 is when I see an opportunity and land the timing or in the situation that there is a Zeus and his doing... well any attack really, it's easy to get around them and use Dante's 1 as well.
Also the ontinuous blocking is called, at least by me and my friend, turtling. I hate when people do that, turtle then abuse the EC, otherwise I'm fine with the EC in the game.

Dante - Demon Hunter.pngEvil Cole - Demon of Empire City.pngThe Olympians.pngIsaac

Message 16 of 40 (85 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

May 9, 2013

I agree with the opinions here; as much as I'm impressed with people who can EC, it shouldn't be abused. Honestly, the only reason I bothered to try and learn it is so that if I get stuck in a 1v1 situation in Stock, I wouldn't be hopeless against characters who can easily KC their Lv. 1.

Message 17 of 40 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
265 posts

May 9, 2013
How exactly do u guys get troubles with the EC?

2013-02-05_00015.jpg

Message 18 of 40 (73 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

May 9, 2013
As in executing it? I use UTriangle, BCircle, Square as my inputs if it matters, but half the time, I find myself using Aerial Shredder instead of EC.
Message 19 of 40 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
202 posts

May 9, 2013

Jhodad wrote:
How exactly do u guys get troubles with the EC?

As in trouble with executing it or trouble with others using it?
Execution: I have no freaking idea what I'm even doing with the EC Smiley LOL
Others: Players turtling (just blocking) until you come just close enough and then immediately begin to loop with the EC. As I've said, it's the turtling and looping that gets me, not the EC itself.

Message 20 of 40 (66 Views)
0 Likes