Lombax Warrior
202 posts

Re: Dante's EC

May 9, 2013

DiverseStyle wrote:
As in executing it? I use UTriangle, BCircle, Square as my inputs if it matters, but half the time, I find myself using Aerial Shredder instead of EC.

Oh my god yes! I used to screw up analog (or d-pad) directions so much, but luckily I've gotten better at it, not flawless though.

Dante - Demon Hunter.pngEvil Cole - Demon of Empire City.pngThe Olympians.pngIsaac

Message 21 of 40 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
265 posts

May 9, 2013

CaptainFoaley wrote:

Jhodad wrote:
How exactly do u guys get troubles with the EC?

As in trouble with executing it or trouble with others using it?
Execution: I have no freaking idea what I'm even doing with the EC Smiley LOL
Others: Players turtling (just blocking) until you come just close enough and then immediately begin to loop with the EC. As I've said, it's the turtling and looping that gets me, not the EC itself.

Well, Both lol

There's a couple of ways to do it at the end I think 3, its easy to perform honestly, I can show if ur online right now
 add me my ID is Jhodad, whenever I see someone turtling or whever u guys call it lol, I usually do the 3 square slashes and EC ,but then I Angel Dash right away, so they react somehow and start slashing, thats ur chance to Dash back and start combo'ing em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013-02-05_00015.jpg

Message 22 of 40 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1808 posts

[ Edited ]
May 9, 2013

Jhodad wrote:
@Sprocideon @Pheracus @Cutscene_Dante

We should have a friendly Dante 4some Smiley Very Happy someday!

Totally Smiley Happy

See more on Know Your Meme
Message 23 of 40 (89 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1808 posts

May 9, 2013

I find that I can do the empty cancel in practice mode off to the side, but in a match in the heat of battle? That's where i tend to screw up the timing or the inputs.

Message 24 of 40 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
265 posts

May 9, 2013
Hmm u have to start practicing with some AI's that actually move lol
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013-02-05_00015.jpg

Message 25 of 40 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1808 posts

May 9, 2013

Jhodad wrote:
Hmm u have to start practicing with some AI's that actually move lol

No, i mean I can do the empty cancel when i'm not actually hitting an opponent. But when i try to incorporate it into a combo (Ex: ■, ■, ■, EC, ■, ■, ■, EC... and so on) thats when i fail. Smiley Frustrated

Message 26 of 40 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
265 posts

May 9, 2013
Oh, do u smash ur first 3 Squares until u get to the point where ur gnna do it lol? Try doing ur squares slowly, the easiest way FOR ME to do it, is Up triangle, Circle Away and Square to the enemy, If you notice Circle and Square are opposite buttons so it helps my fingers unconsciously and they just perform it right away

2013-02-05_00015.jpg

Message 27 of 40 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1808 posts

May 9, 2013

Jhodad wrote:
Oh, do u smash ur first 3 Squares until u get to the point where ur gnna do it lol? Try doing ur squares slowly, the easiest way FOR ME to do it, is Up triangle, Circle Away and Square to the enemy, If you notice Circle and Square are opposite buttons so it helps my fingers unconsciously and they just perform it right away

Yeah, i practice doing it slowly and that's how i get it 1 out of every 10 times i try doing it. Honestly i just need to practice it more, but I'm trying not to because I'm expecting it to get nerfed. So it's better if i dont get attached Smiley Very Happy

Message 28 of 40 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
265 posts

May 9, 2013
Meh, I wouldnt mind if it gets nerfed, altho I dont think it would get nerfed, I never used it until after we got the update where we could change directions while attacking lol

2013-02-05_00015.jpg

Message 29 of 40 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
578 posts

May 9, 2013
You guys should try up-backwards (away from opponent) triangle, down-forward (toward opponent) circle, square.
I use the d-pad, and I never mess up EC with this method.
 photo psasbrsig_zpsdfbc77fd.jpg
Message 30 of 40 (47 Views)