Uncharted Territory
1808 posts

Re: Dante's EC

May 9, 2013
So I've heard that method a thousand times over now... so how exactly do you do it with your fingers? I'm assuming you turn Dante around backwards, press up triangle, forward circle, and then square?

See more on Know Your Meme
Message 31 of 40 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
578 posts

May 9, 2013
It's a diagonal input. Like, on the d-pad you should be pushing both up and one of the side directions simultaneously. :3
 photo psasbrsig_zpsdfbc77fd.jpg
Message 32 of 40 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

May 9, 2013
Yea im a dante user and recently got him to 999 without using empty cancel kill confirm. To be honest, just this weekend i started learning his kill confirm. I cam sometimes do it. My advice is ti change it up once in a while fir example using different combos because if you use the same combo eventually the enemy player will figure you out or they might start complaining on hiw you dint know anymore combos. Also block and parry so you can get the ither person into your combo and wont get out of it till you end it. So yea i suggest tou learn different combos, good luck!
Message 33 of 40 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

May 9, 2013
Sorry for the grammar mistakes, I'm on ios.
Message 34 of 40 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3750 posts

May 9, 2013

I'm another Dante user, I can't EC and am not really that great as I don't play this game as much as others on the forum.  I don't mind playing with any of you guys if you want (same username as here).  BTW Cutscene_Dante, when using the Dpad do you roll your thumb from the diagonal input to the next one or some different way.  Wish I could do EC Smiley Happy.  As for playing as Dante and tips, try to keep your opponents airborne at all times, I find doing N square x3 and then up square and continuing on from there to be the best way to get AP with Dante.  Unless there are no other opponents nearby then stay airborne.

Universal Notation: n=neutral f=forward b=backward u=up d=down 1=square 2=triangle 3=circle

Message 35 of 40 (92 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

May 9, 2013
I've heard up back triangle is the best input, but I just can't do up back properly, especially not in the heat of battle. Unless I take the time to consciously think of pressing back before up triangle I just end up doing a regular Rainstorm. And that's why I have to use UTriangle for my EC input.
Message 36 of 40 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
265 posts

[ Edited ]
May 9, 2013

Cutscene_Dante wrote:
You guys should try up-backwards (away from opponent) triangle, down-forward (toward opponent) circle, square.
I use the d-pad, and I never mess up EC with this method.

I do that with the analog stick but without the need of diagonal directions, I cant play with the D-Pad anyways lol

I usually go Up Triangle, Circle Away, Square Forward, Altho I like doing a bold square when Im up against other people that way I'll swing my sword just above the player falling down but it will hit a standing opponent, so it's like a safe push away, then I'll just land to continue my combo.

The only reason y I ever fail to do the EC is because my controller has a faulty Dead Zone so sometimes It be slightly to the latest position where it was, not at the center. Smiley Sad

Also when I start those 3 square slashes to 2 Enemies I sort of do the EC but instead of landing right away I do the Hunger attack, u know, the butt-drop, and for some reason it only hits the 2nd player so I use that to bait other players into using their supers, then I escape and go for a kill right away

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013-02-05_00015.jpg

Message 37 of 40 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

May 9, 2013
Who cares, it's a psychology thing, people are just sore losers and are extremely impatient... Hence all the " next DLC threads "... The things cod to kids carry over to different game communities sadly Smiley Sad
Message 38 of 40 (66 Views)
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

May 9, 2013
Oh crap I just posted in the wrong thread xD
Message 39 of 40 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
265 posts

[ Edited ]
May 9, 2013

X-_Jos_-X wrote:
Oh crap I just posted in the wrong thread xD

U made me think I POSTED on the wrong thread lol XD

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013-02-05_00015.jpg

Message 40 of 40 (62 Views)