Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Re: Dante's "empty cancel" should be fixed/removed

[ Edited ]
Apr 3, 2013

You know what I probably just read your comment wrong. I think i just misunderstood what you were saying in your first post.

So uh, back to dante and his imbalanced cancle.

Message 61 of 86 (459 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
164 posts

Apr 3, 2013
Just grow up how's about I nerf u out of the game because u suck appearently u can deal with something tht u hardly see -.- scrub
Message 62 of 86 (446 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1079 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 3, 2013

X-_Jos_-X wrote:
Just grow up how's about I nerf u out of the game because u suck appearently u can deal with something tht u hardly see -.- scrub

Never once did he say something showing he sucked. If anything your probably in denial that you suck so bad at the game that you feel you need to try to make others feel bad to make yourself feel good. 

and I agree with the thread 100%. Dantes empty cancel should be removed, because unlike what some people say, the empty cancel takes no skill whatsoever. and I should know. My brother is A Dante main and he doesn't use it because he actually likes yp use skill to play. 

all stars photo psasbr2_zpsc1059804.png

My raiden over all your mains.
#PSASBR2
Message 63 of 86 (441 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3659 posts

Apr 3, 2013

To be honest, I have yet to see a Dante NOT use the empty cancel in a few weeks. Have they made it more simple to do in a update? I only ever tried it once during practice mode, took me about 5 attempts.

Message 64 of 86 (420 Views)
Wastelander
578 posts

Apr 3, 2013
There's a reason Dante's not a huge tournament winner.
In the current meta, if you let a Dante hit you into EC, the blame's on you.

This is getting ridiculous...
 photo psasbrsig_zpsdfbc77fd.jpg
Message 65 of 86 (333 Views)
Wastelander
749 posts

Apr 3, 2013
I could do it on like my 6th attempt when I tried it, it's very easy. But when you do it against an opponent, online, with lots of other things going on its not as easy. Although once you get it into your muscle memory its pretty easy.
Message 66 of 86 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1984 posts

Apr 3, 2013

BurningHawks wrote:
I don't think that people realise the pretty much every character can cancel the way we are talking about. The way Dante's empty cancel works, is it brings him into the air he attacks, then hits the ground before the attack animation finishes.

Let's have a look at another character, Raiden. When he short hops and uses side circle, how come he can combo into other moves but if he uses it on the ground he can't? Because it's the same principle as Dante's empty cancel, he hits the ground before the attack animation can finish.

The only thing that makes Dante's empty cancel different to any other cancel is that it can be done mid combo, and I don't think any other character can do that.

THE ISSUE ISN'T THAT OTHER CHARACTERS CAN DO IT, its that people with this character ABUSE IT. like everyone is calling it, if its a touch of death then it shouldn't be in the game.

gamefreak2.jpg

Message 67 of 86 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1984 posts

Apr 3, 2013

Vehks wrote:

That's what a cancle is, it breaks a combo early (cancleing the combo) so you can start another. If you can't do it mid combo then it isn't a cancle.

there are full cancels and empty cancels. im asking for them to tweak it so its not possible to spam on the ground or remove it entirely, full cancels can let you stil do most of your combos

gamefreak2.jpg

Message 68 of 86 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1984 posts

Apr 3, 2013

Cutscene_Dante wrote:
There's a reason Dante's not a huge tournament winner.
In the current meta, if you let a Dante hit you into EC, the blame's on you.

This is getting ridiculous...

so you are saying that for being human and imperfect we can be spammed? no sir, this game has long term battles, not 5 second ones. i would understand if the battles weren't easy to stay alive in.

gamefreak2.jpg

Message 69 of 86 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Apr 3, 2013
Dante is a low tier character. He can't hurt you at all if you're never on the ground. If you get hit by the Empty Cancel, it IS your fault.

Also, people see a ToD and they cry nerf. The chances of landing that exactly aren't as high as people seem to think.

To nerfing his level 1: His level 1 is one of the weakest supers in the game. Why would you want that, exactly?
------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 70 of 86 (86 Views)
0 Likes