First Son
3 posts

Re: Dart was Scraped?!

Nov 29, 2013
Well this is disappointing on a level far beyond my disappointment from learning that dart was scraped.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 74 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2413 posts

Nov 29, 2013

[plus, I didn't know that Parappa, Spike, Sir Daniel and Heihachi were from the newest games :smileytongue:]

= = Every day is Kill la Kill day!! = =
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 74 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1754 posts

Nov 29, 2013

Dart has quite a story when it comes to All-Stars. When we found that concept art, we were not happy. As such, the #ReleaseDart campaign was born, everything went pretty smoothly, we were getting more and more supporters everyday, we had a petition that was getting signatures at a very steady pace, and we had some PlayStation fansites helping us out. About a month in the campaign, Santa Monica came to this forum and told us that Dart was just a piece of concept art, and never came close to developing besides that picture. They also said the game would not get anymore support. The fans did not give up however, we accepted the fact we weren't getting Dart, but we wanted the game to be supported. As such, #ReleaseDart was reincarnated into #KeepAllStarsAlive, a new campaign that's focus was getting the game supported again. Everyone who supported #ReleaseDart moved onto #KeepAllStarsAlive, and we got even more people helping us out. That went on another for another month, and then, Just--Tank, a Santa Monica Studio community strategist, posted a thread that stated while there will not be any new characters or stages, a new balance patch was coming out. Dart brought the community together and made us fought for what we believe in, as such, we have a new patch on the way. This may sound a bit dramatic, but that one piece of concept art, potentially saved the game from being abandoned.

[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/2mx350z.png[/IMG]
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 74 (161 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7228 posts

Nov 29, 2013

seganintendoubi wrote:

Dart has quite a story when it comes to All-Stars. When we found that concept art, we were not happy. As such, the #ReleaseDart campaign was born, everything went pretty smoothly, we were getting more and more supporters everyday, we had a petition that was getting signatures at a very steady pace, and we had some PlayStation fansites helping us out. About a month in the campaign, Santa Monica came to this forum and told us that Dart was just a piece of concept art, and never came close to developing besides that picture. They also said the game would not get anymore support. The fans did not give up however, we accepted the fact we weren't getting Dart, but we wanted the game to be supported. As such, #ReleaseDart was reincarnated into #KeepAllStarsAlive, a new campaign that's focus was getting the game supported again. Everyone who supported #ReleaseDart moved onto #KeepAllStarsAlive, and we got even more people helping us out. That went on another for another month, and then, Just--Tank, a Santa Monica Studio community strategist, posted a thread that stated while there will not be any new characters or stages, a new balance patch was coming out. Dart brought the community together and made us fought for what we believe in, as such, we have a new patch on the way. This may sound a bit dramatic, but that one piece of concept art, potentially saved the game from being abandoned.

This, thanks Sega, you wrappedd everything up in a nice little bow.

http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii483/Toro_Inoue/Toro_Inoue001/BeFunky_SuperPipo_zps41db4094jpg_zpsacddeaca.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 74 (158 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
17999 posts

Nov 29, 2013
So... Dart's cancellation indirectly got the patch running?
Great... Good.

TheSoulPillager 2.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 74 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
9577 posts

Nov 29, 2013

Ah, I remember our #ReleaseDart revolution. Good times, good times.  :smileyvery-happy:

Organi-dart-zation 13

Anyway, he is more than likely to be in the sequel, considering how high the demand was for Dart. Our campaign was a success for this game's support and is a further success as development for the sequel starts.

ossie castro5signature
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 74 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1754 posts

Nov 29, 2013
If anything, I think #ReleaseDart improved the chances of a sequel.
[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/2mx350z.png[/IMG]
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 74 (131 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
17999 posts

Nov 29, 2013
Organization DarTeen..... Yes!
(Or Dartanization XIII)
I hope he shows up in the sequel... He would be one of my MANY mains! :3

TheSoulPillager 2.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 74 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
9577 posts

Nov 29, 2013

bjizzle121 wrote:
Organization DarTeen..... Yes!
(Or Dartanization XIII)
I hope he shows up in the sequel... He would be one of my MANY mains! :3

I called it Organi-dart-zation 13.  :smileyvery-happy:

This was a really critical movement. So this alone can improve Dart in the sequel.

ossie castro5signature
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 74 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1364 posts

Nov 29, 2013
Ah, man the #ReleaseDart movement. The only time I ever used my twitter account.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 74 (121 Views)
0 Likes