Jan 04 2013
By: CaptKnucklesFACT Hekseville Citizen 335 posts
Accepted Solution

Dear Creators of this game, I have a really good Q

[ Edited ]
72 replies 972 views Edited Jan 4, 2013

I'm going to ask this question since no one else has asked it (but everyone has thought of it)

So if this game is called Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale, what is up with the new DLC characters? They are both fairly new games, which did awful in comparison to many other Playstation games, and I do not/will I ever consider either of the two new characters (Kat and Emmett Graves) as "All-Stars", and the amount of people that do consider them as "All-Stars" is much smaller then the group that doesn't, so if this game is called Playstation ALL-STARS Battle Royale, why are you adding in two characters that are not "All-Stars"? There are so many better characters that you could have chosen to put in the game, characters who people actually know, and characters of whom players can actually recall fond memories of (real "All-Stars"). If the DLC characters keep sucking this bad, I'm honestly not going to get any of them, and with the first two characters being so awful, I'm thinking of selling this game all together. I told many people of the the new character DLC, literally every person I told responded with "who?", then after asking who they were, I showed them videos of gameplay (from the game that they were from), they all looked dumbfounded.

(also to readers, don't just reply with the characters that you want to be in the game, I actually want to know why the creators of this game have no sense in what characters actually deserve to be in the game)

16 Characters that should really be in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale: Hero-Patapon3, Blob-LocoRoco, Abe-Abe's Oddessy, Ari+Stan-Okage, Raziel-Soul Reaver, The King of All Cosmos-Katamari, Alex Mercer-Prototype, Isaac Clarke-Dead Space, Cloud-Final Fantasy VII, Spyro-Spyro, Crash-Crash Bandicoot, Tiki Guy-PixelJunk Monsters, Amaterasu-Ōkami, Mega Man-Mega Man X8, Ratonhnhaké:ton-Assassin's Creed III, Kevin Butler+Marcus PSP

^^^THIS LINK BELOW EXPLAINS WHY THEY SHOULD BE ADDED IN. vvv
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/15-MORE-THAN-DESERVING-NEW-CHARACTER-IDEAS-feedback-is/m-p/39129075#U39129075
Message 1 of 73 (972 Views)
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

S

Jan 4, 2013

So instead of one of the biggest characters on the Vita and a character in a "sorta" sequel to a famous ps1 game you named some people that aren't available to have in the game. Kat and Emmett have a good gameplay and bring to the table and come from good franchises. Allstars embodies the past, present, and future of playstation including first and third party titles. Kat will be big with Japan as the japanese release is coming out and she will be the rpg character they will love. emmett is from starhawk which is kinda a sequel to warhawk from ps1. not every famous ps character will work in this game as they may not function right. also abe's developer wants to put him in and Atlus said go ahead for a persona. Some companies (activision and more than likely Square enix) aren't willing to give their characters up.

Message 2 of 73 (948 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Re: Dear Creators of this game, I have a really good Q

Jan 4, 2013

People have to stop viewing characters alone as the only thing that represents Playstation All-Stars.

Kat is an All-Star in her own console: PS Vita

Emmet Grave's is from Star Hawk which had a previous series: War Hawk, which spanned previous generations of consoles.

The entire series is being represented in a way with characters, stages and items. If no one knows who they are, so be it, not everyone is expected to know what everything in the game is, I didn't know who PaRappa was, does that make him less of an All-Star?

I remember reading a post back then where it said that people grew up with these games, kids grew up with Uncharted, and you can bet more grew up with Gravity Rush and War/Star Hawk.

Not to mention, this DLC will be free. I hope you don't take advantage of that offer, you don't deserve it.

Message 3 of 73 (939 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7346 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 4, 2013

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

People have to stop viewing characters alone as the only thing that represents Playstation All-Stars.

Kat is an All-Star in her own console: PS Vita

Emmet Grave's is from Star Hawk which had a previous series: War Hawk, which spanned previous generations of consoles.

The entire series is being represented in a way with characters, stages and items. If no one knows who they are, so be it, not everyone is expected to know what everything in the game is, I didn't know who PaRappa was, does that make him less of an All-Star?

I remember reading a post back then where it said that people grew up with these games, kids grew up with Uncharted, and you can bet more grew up with Gravity Rush and War/Star Hawk.

Not to mention, this DLC will be free. I hope you don't take advantage of that offer, you don't deserve it.

You didn't know who parrapa was? Smiley Surprised how long you been playing games he was a big hit in 1998-2000

Sleep Matt signature
Message 4 of 73 (929 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
335 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 4, 2013

... Everyone knows who Parappa is, I'm pretty sure he had the most advertisements compared to anyone else currently in all stars.

Yes, if people don't know who they are, than they are not an all-stars, and Drake does deserve to be in this game, (he is known throughout the world, and his games are extremely popular/awesome), also i highly doubt that anyone grew up with Gravity Rush or Star Hawk

and i don't care if i don't deserve it, I dont even want it...

16 Characters that should really be in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale: Hero-Patapon3, Blob-LocoRoco, Abe-Abe's Oddessy, Ari+Stan-Okage, Raziel-Soul Reaver, The King of All Cosmos-Katamari, Alex Mercer-Prototype, Isaac Clarke-Dead Space, Cloud-Final Fantasy VII, Spyro-Spyro, Crash-Crash Bandicoot, Tiki Guy-PixelJunk Monsters, Amaterasu-Ōkami, Mega Man-Mega Man X8, Ratonhnhaké:ton-Assassin's Creed III, Kevin Butler+Marcus PSP

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/15-MORE-THAN-DESERVING-NEW-CHARACTER-IDEAS-feedback-is/m-p/39129075#U39129075
Message 5 of 73 (906 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
29 posts

Jan 4, 2013
youre actually the the hundred thousanth person that demands for all those characters

Message 6 of 73 (890 Views)
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Jan 4, 2013
If its past then they should really have Lara Croft she like changed gaming industry industry with her first game for ps1

omg you know who they should add
Okami
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 73 (881 Views)
Fender Bender
2349 posts

Jan 4, 2013

CaptKnucklesFACT wrote:

... Everyone knows who Parappa is, I'm pretty sure he had the most advertisements compared to anyone else currently in all stars.

Yes, if people don't know who they are, than they are not an all-stars, and Drake does deserve to be in this game, (he is known throughout the world, and his games are extremely popular/awesome), also i highly doubt that anyone grew up with Gravity Rush or Star Hawk

and i don't care if i don't deserve it, I dont even want it...

You may not want it, but a lot of other people do.

Kat and Emmet are All-Stars, please get over it.

Message 8 of 73 (880 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 4, 2013
kat and emmett would appeal to more younger people like 14 and under as they would of experience these characters with raiden, big daddy, drake. then people like me in the early twenties have jake and ratchet and parappa and spike. and older gamers probably seen everyone. this is a game to appeal to everyone they can't keep adding 10+ old characters that some of the newer gamers may not know.
Message 9 of 73 (874 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
335 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 4, 2013

lol that is my signature, and if 100,000 different people made a forum account just to say that they should be in the game, that has to tell you something... honestly though, these first two characters that are being added in kind of makes me ashamed of the creators, if they aren't going to add anyone good, why add anyone at all?

also why would i get over it? Kat and Emmett are not well known at all, and they shouldn't be in the game

and they should add characters that are over 10 years old (considering the game is rated T), and i highly doubt a lot of 14 year old kids grew up playing either of those 2 games (younger kids don't usually go for new games, they usually buy games that someone older has reccomended to them)

Message 10 of 73 (874 Views)
0 Likes