Reply
Gaming Beast
Registered: 09/18/2012
Offline
2105 posts
 

Re: Did this game fail as a marketing tool?

Jul 23, 2013

Soondragon76 wrote:

Tekn0tize wrote:

Soondragon76 wrote:

Tekn0tize wrote:

How the holy hell is GoW;A a failure???

Compared to this game GoW:A is a smash hit.... it is still SUPPORTED with patches and DLC. Unlike this dead game.

 


Compared to how much money was spent on it vs how much it gained in profit it was a utter failure, which All-Stars wasnt.


They're still making sales are they not? Or have SSM/Sony publicly stated that GoW:A did not meet their expectations? I very much doubt they would ever issue such a statement.

 

Just curious, I don't follow any GoW games so I have no idea of the finer details.

 

In any case, GoW;A is more a cash cow for Sony than this game.

 


Except that they havent made any money off of GoW:A yet, in fact they have only lost money from it so far...


 

How do you know this? If so why has Sony not chopped of GoW;A just like they did with Starhawk, PSASBR etc.?

 

------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 11 of 31 (219 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 01/13/2013
Offline
997 posts
 

Re: Did this game fail as a marketing tool?

Jul 23, 2013

Tekn0tize wrote:

Soondragon76 wrote:

Tekn0tize wrote:

Soondragon76 wrote:

Tekn0tize wrote:

How the holy hell is GoW;A a failure???

Compared to this game GoW:A is a smash hit.... it is still SUPPORTED with patches and DLC. Unlike this dead game.

 


Compared to how much money was spent on it vs how much it gained in profit it was a utter failure, which All-Stars wasnt.


They're still making sales are they not? Or have SSM/Sony publicly stated that GoW:A did not meet their expectations? I very much doubt they would ever issue such a statement.

 

Just curious, I don't follow any GoW games so I have no idea of the finer details.

 

In any case, GoW;A is more a cash cow for Sony than this game.

 


Except that they havent made any money off of GoW:A yet, in fact they have only lost money from it so far...


 

How do you know this? If so why has Sony not chopped of GoW;A just like they did with Starhawk, PSASBR etc.?

 


Because it is GoW, and Sony knows SSM doesnt do anything but GoW, because they don't have the creativity to...

Hardcore

Message 12 of 31 (216 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 07/27/2012
Online
12659 posts
 

Re: Did this game fail as a marketing tool?

Jul 23, 2013

Honestly, I did not buy Sly 4 and it was because of All Stars. I miss Sly's look from the PS2 games.  :smileyvery-happy:

Message 13 of 31 (212 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/09/2012
Offline
1535 posts
 

Re: Did this game fail as a marketing tool?

Jul 23, 2013

ossiecastro5 wrote:

Honestly, I did not buy Sly 4 and it was because of All Stars. I miss Sly's look from the PS2 games.  :smileyvery-happy:


Its not that bad of a game though :smileytongue:




Message 14 of 31 (203 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 12/13/2012
Online
8946 posts
 

Re: Did this game fail as a marketing tool?

Jul 23, 2013
It's one thing to bash them for not communicating with fans. But when you bash them for lack of creativity that's blatant All-Stars fanboyism.

I've said it at least 3 times now. SSM has over 150 people working on a brand new IP. With a tv Sci-fi writer helping as well.
 photo 377A5ECF-76AC-41F8-B28D-4FFED14AE01C_zps4n43wawk.jpg
Message 15 of 31 (194 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 07/27/2012
Online
12659 posts
 

Re: Did this game fail as a marketing tool?

Jul 23, 2013

Young_Guns_3 wrote:

ossiecastro5 wrote:

Honestly, I did not buy Sly 4 and it was because of All Stars. I miss Sly's look from the PS2 games.  :smileyvery-happy:


Its not that bad of a game though :smileytongue:


I know. But still, I miss the old Sly. People still miss the old Dante too. :smileyvery-happy:

Message 16 of 31 (186 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/04/2012
Offline
1364 posts
 

Re: Did this game fail as a marketing tool?

Jul 23, 2013
Actually, it's pretty funny to say that God of War: Ascension AND Gears of War: Judgement suffered the same fate in terms of sales.

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/14048/article/gears-of-war-god-of-war-see-poor-sales-in-march/
Message 17 of 31 (164 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 04/11/2013
Offline
446 posts
 

Re: Did this game fail as a marketing tool?

Jul 24, 2013

It got me to buy MediEvil and Sly 4, got me interested in Tekken for future releases, and reminded me how much I love Fat Princess.

Message 18 of 31 (131 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 02/04/2013
Offline
998 posts
 

Re: Did this game fail as a marketing tool?

Jul 24, 2013
PSASBR made more money than which was actually spent on it while GoW has upon millions spent on barely made half of what's spent.SSM is losing money .
Message 19 of 31 (118 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 07/08/2012
Offline
640 posts
 

Re: Did this game fail as a marketing tool?

[ Edited ]
Jul 24, 2013

Never bought God Of War Accension because the idea of giving kratos emotions is just stupid, please Santa Monica Studios just leave him be a Mad bald man with huge anger issues who goes on a killing 24/7. -_-

 

But DmC on the other hand i did buy, the only Devil May Cry game i have ever sold was Devil May Cry 2 otherwise i own eveyDevil May Cry game even the IOS Devil May Cry 4 Refrain.

 

I think the new DmC appeals more to the younger generation I mean I work with a 37 year old who still lives under his brothers basement calling himself a dedicated gamer making minimum wage and is fat who hates it because hes old and this wasnt the Dante he knew back then while all of my friends and me who are young in their 21's liked the game. So old people just have to learn how to move on and accept what there is instead of bashing on new stuff they dont recongnize. Hmmm reminds me of Final Fantasy 13 too. Old farts these days...

 

But i think All Stars did a good job adverstising.

 

 

 photo 2014-07-22-060145.jpg
Message 20 of 31 (103 Views)
Reply
0 Likes