I Only Post Everything
997 posts

Re: Did this game fail as a marketing tool?

Jul 24, 2013

Hero_of_winds wrote:

I think the new DmC appeals more to the younger generation I mean I work with a 37 year old who still lives under his brothers basement calling himself a dedicated gamer making minimum wage and is fat who hates it because hes old and this wasnt the Dante he knew back then while all of my friends and me who are young in their 21's liked the game. So old people just have to learn how to move on and accept what there is instead of bashing on new stuff they dont recongnize. Hmmm reminds me of Final Fantasy 13 too. Old farts these days..

I'm 15 and found FF13 and the new DmC abosuletly awful. I guess I'm an old fart....

Hardcore

Message 21 of 31 (164 Views)
Sackboy
373 posts

Jul 24, 2013

Yup, both DmC and GOW:A were equally awful in some way. 

Shame, because I always thought the classic DMC to be leaps and bounds ahead of GOW. A hack and slash is more than set pieces SSM.   

DmC just took the GOW route and assumed that "people only buy hack n' slashes for the jaw dropping moments!" Needless to say, it didn't work. Though I still find it funny how all the NT apologists were like "If you don't like it, don't buy it!" And people did exactly that! Smiley Very Happy and what did they say? "**bleep** YOU SHOULD'VE BOUGHT IT IT'S YOUR FAULT THIS GAME SUCKED" kinda sounds like modern VG journalists Smiley Sad

Give the gameplay some depth, add the styles of DMC3 and there you go. Maybe one day they will go back to the DMC everyone loved..After all, DMC HD collection sold more than DmC Smiley Very Happy

Message 22 of 31 (147 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1025 posts

Jul 24, 2013
Don't get me started on DmC... You think SSM are bad? Im pretty much done with capcom because of their games, to me, have been more about money and less about an actual good game. Trying to make Dante a punk arse super twink lololol.. But I don't know.. Never played any of his games. But I did know of him when he had gramma hair.

This game didn't fail at all at advertising... They actually did really well I think which is why sony wanted this game. I grew up with every one of the cast ad played 85% of the games growing up. I thought they did A ok at portraying their moves and personalities and It made me spend hours watching gameplay of the games I didn't play.

In fact, I just bought a totally beetchin radec shock trooper avatar in the KZ3 section just now. The only fail is that of Sony trying to nickel and dime us instead of taking our money and supporting our games, and hmmmm.... If only there was a game like that....

Message 23 of 31 (134 Views)
Wastelander
818 posts

Jul 24, 2013

Soondragon76 wrote:

Hero_of_winds wrote:

I think the new DmC appeals more to the younger generation I mean I work with a 37 year old who still lives under his brothers basement calling himself a dedicated gamer making minimum wage and is fat who hates it because hes old and this wasnt the Dante he knew back then while all of my friends and me who are young in their 21's liked the game. So old people just have to learn how to move on and accept what there is instead of bashing on new stuff they dont recongnize. Hmmm reminds me of Final Fantasy 13 too. Old farts these days..

I'm 15 and found FF13 and the new DmC abosuletly awful. I guess I'm an old fart....

Awful at spelling, yes.

Message 24 of 31 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3008 posts

Jul 24, 2013
GoWA failed?
[The YouTube Poser]

Message 25 of 31 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Jul 24, 2013
This game wasn't/isn't suppose to be a marketing tool, it was/is suppose to be a celebration of PlayStation, it's history, classics, icons and etc.
Message 26 of 31 (86 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1025 posts

Jul 24, 2013
^^ it Absolutly was Fresh. Why do you think they took time to alter Dante's face? Raiden and revengence? SB was able to do a pretty good job replicating him before his game was available. Same with Bioshock and having a stage and songbird hazard before the game was out. KZ has a ps4 game on the way same for infamous, new ratchet and clank movie, gravity rush had just come out..

Kat and Isaac I can understand as DLC choices, Emmett and Zeus I don't care for ( still bought them tho..well Zeus) and they aren't exactly as iconic as some of the other cast and Their game aren't exactly classics.
Message 27 of 31 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2609 posts

Jul 24, 2013

The game was an ad, Marcus fights with me every time I say it, but it was.

LOLsy Carry Punch User (CPU)
Message 28 of 31 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Jul 24, 2013
Like I said, this game wasn't/isn't suppose to be a marketing tool, it was/is suppose to be a celebration of PlayStation, it's history, classics, icons and etc.

But sadly Sony sold out and this game is a marketing tool.
Message 29 of 31 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2609 posts

Jul 24, 2013

That was the lure, look at how most of the characters are not even released yet, or are fairly new. You know what, this is a losing fight, too many people just believe something and don't see straight.

LOLsy Carry Punch User (CPU)
Message 30 of 31 (60 Views)
0 Likes