Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Re: Do you think SSB4 will beat All-Stars?

Jun 13, 2013

Reptile-Baraka wrote:

Skyworld...Kid Icarus stage, you can be sent through the cloud floors and have the stone replace itself over your head while trying to recover and die as a result. I don't even think you play Smash if you don't know that. I hate that skilled players can spike you, edge guard or throw you under the stage (DK) and do that to you whether you like it or not.

I'm not the best at either game, but I gotta say, learning All-Stars was way more fun than learning than Smash. All-Stars is just plain more fun.

Yeah, I haven't play Brawl, OK...

**bleep** talking with fanboys is simply impossible. Have fun with your little game.

Message 51 of 93 (301 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1582 posts

Jun 13, 2013
Sadly, I think the games will do much better commercially and critically than All-Stars. However, I think in the end All-Stars will have better connectivity between platforms than Smash Bros will have.
Message 52 of 93 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2238 posts

Jun 13, 2013
Of course Smash will beat All-Stars. This game (even though I really like it) couldn't even beat Brawl.

R.I.P. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

Message 53 of 93 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1808 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 13, 2013

Reptile-Baraka wrote:

Skyworld...Kid Icarus stage, you can be sent through the cloud floors and have the stone replace itself over your head while trying to recover and die as a result. I don't even think you play Smash if you don't know that. I hate that skilled players can spike you, edge guard or throw you under the stage (DK) and do that to you whether you like it or not.

I'm not the best at either game, but I gotta say, learning All-Stars was way more fun than learning than Smash. All-Stars is just plain more fun.

I agree. I'd rather die to someone using the empty cancel than die because i accidentally got caught underneath skyworld's platforms...

See more on Know Your Meme
Message 54 of 93 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Jun 13, 2013

sprocideon wrote:

Reptile-Baraka wrote:

I agree. I'd rather die to someone using the empty cancel than die because i accidentally got caught underneath skyworld's platforms...

It's Undeworld by the way.

"You clearly haven't played Brawl if you don't know that!!11!!!1!11!!!!1"

Message 55 of 93 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2435 posts

Jun 13, 2013

RexLozuresky wrote:
It's Undeworld by the way.

"You clearly haven't played Brawl if you don't know that!!11!!!1!11!!!!1"

It's Skyworld, dude.

Skyworld

Message 56 of 93 (242 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Jun 13, 2013
It is Skyworld, Underworld is the title of the music playing on the stage.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 57 of 93 (225 Views)
Highlighted
Sackboy
384 posts

Jun 13, 2013
It's rather Heavenly for the name Underworld Rex, don't you think?

And yes, I'll play my little game. I don't hate Smash by any means, but All-Stars is more fun.
Message 58 of 93 (209 Views)
Wastelander
578 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 13, 2013

Reptile-Baraka wrote:

I actually disagree here. Not about Skyworld, I can understand that, but on stage KOs themselves. Keep in mind that I'm not trying to be mean or call you out or anything, I just noticed that there hasn't been a good argument I've seen for Smash's system. I'm merely presenting my view on the matter.

Basically, none of those options you gave are 100% reliable solutions unless you're just in a really bad MU. (Or playing against MK, but I actually prefer MK to Kat any day.)

Spiking is not going to be a reliable way to kill against any halfway decent player. A spike is really just a flashy way to kill someone that you go for when you're trying to show off or want to take a real risk to try and get ahead in stocks. I've played the game online somewhat competitively for 4 years, and even against players I could reliably beat fairly easily, they would learn to adapt after one or two spikes. If you get spiked repeatedly, like for every kill, then it's because there's a glaring skill gap between you and your opponent.

Edge guarding is just a facet of the gameplay that one needs to accept. It is the most efficient way to kill someone, seeing as the object is to get them to a kill boundary, and halting their recovery by means of an aerial attack is typically the best way to go about it. (Unless you're referring to edge HOGGING, which is something entirely different. )

Think of edge guarding like you would KCs. It's an efficient strategy that competitive play revolves around. (Though if you ask me, edge guarding takes a bit more skill.)

Lastly, DK's throw setup is completely escapable in more ways than one. First of all, his back has to be facing center stage and he has to land the grab fairly close to the edge. Once you do that, they have plenty of time to break out of the grab by mashing before he even gets in position for the throw.

Looking past all of that, the kill itself hinges completely on whether or not they tech the stage by pressing L or R. If they do, they catch themselves on the stage and still have a double jump and recovery to use. If you meant literally throwing them under the stage, then that would give them even more time to break out of the grab, and by that point, DK would have a very hard, if not entirely impossible time trying to recover.

Finallyy, and of course this is the most subjective, I found Smash to be much more fun learning. Everything I learned about PSAS I learned pretty quickly. I'm not the greatest in either myself, but being someone who has played both games competitively, I can honestly say that learning Smash was more rewarding because there was more depth to the gameplay. Both have some similarities when it comes to learning how to attack, defend, react, punish, and predict. However, I think Smash's added concept of recovery and counter-recovery makes it more enthralling than the basic fighter elements of All Stars.

Naturally, this is just my opinion. We can agree to disagree.

photo psasbrsig_zpsdfbc77fd.jpg
Message 59 of 93 (192 Views)
First Son
17 posts

Jun 13, 2013

PlayStation All Stars hasn't stood a chance against BRAWL and MELEE! The Super Smash Bros series is wayyyy better than ALL STARS. And here I thought it would be a competitor...

Message 60 of 93 (178 Views)
0 Likes