Wastelander
768 posts

Re: Do you think SSB4 will beat All-Stars?

Jun 14, 2013

ssb will always be more loved and suported than PASBR becuase lots of ssb chars are with us since we can remenber, we have lots of memorys with them, when we look at PASBR most chars  are so new that you never even have bonds or care for them that much, any noone gamer looks at the ssb roster and can identify mario,luigi,peach,pikachu and probably link, even if they never touched a game in their life, noone sony Fans look at PASBR and cant find anyone they know, heck i only knew half od the cast and i follow playstation since the ps2, this is the diference that and that sakurai actualy gives some concern about the fans that SB never did, for example the ssb4 site is already on the air and it will be updated with the chars,stages,items and so on until ssb4 releases, this is just an example to keep the hype and informing the fans and sakurai did this with brawl and it turned out one of the most sold games on the wii, only behind mario kart if im not mistaken, while with SB we didnt know when we would have knews, he never had any explanations about the itens, stages or chars full movesets.

Message 61 of 93 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1266 posts

Jun 14, 2013

Most of ya'll are hopping on the SSB band wagon because everybody else says. Just like people back a my high school with the Swag flu. All-Stars has way smoother combat and intensity. Smash has more content and eye candy. Either way I take them both equally.

photo Vigor_murder_of_crows_zps5759709e.gif
Message 62 of 93 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Jun 14, 2013
I've always been an avid supporter of the Smash Bros series - I've been vocal about it since All Stars even released, but it's funny to see many of you hype the forthcoming sequel up when it's clear only few of you, if any, actually own or have ever owned a Nintendo console & will ever actually go on to even purchase/play the game (with the obvious exclusions e.g. Rex).
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 63 of 93 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 14, 2013

PSASBR deserved to die when they cr.apped on the fans by giving Zeus as DLC. I hope Sony/SSM takes lessons and not do this kind of stupid stuff if there ever will be a sequel. In a way, I'm glad one of my most favourite games ever on the PS3 is dying.

------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 64 of 93 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9942 posts

Jun 14, 2013
Wow, Tek you're still upset about that? I thought you would have moved on by now.

And really I'm surprised this thread is still going. As I said in my first post, Smash has such a head start on the game. It's not even fair to compare the games if you ask me.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 65 of 93 (193 Views)
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

Jun 14, 2013

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
I've always been an avid supporter of the Smash Bros series - I've been vocal about it since All Stars even released, but it's funny to see many of you hype the forthcoming sequel up when it's clear only few of you, if any, actually own or have ever owned a Nintendo console & will ever actually go on to even purchase/play the game (with the obvious exclusions e.g. Rex).

What about those of us who are curious about what's going into Smash 4 but don't want to buy a Wii U because they feel it'd be gathering dust after playing that one game? Smiley Tongue

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 66 of 93 (171 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
998 posts

Jun 14, 2013
@Bob I hope sakurai had learnt his lesson about "it doesn't matter how much content you stack in a game as long as you don't mess with the original gameplay, its all good" cause I don't want this new smash bros. To be just like Brawl.
Message 67 of 93 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
88 posts

Jun 14, 2013

Band wagon? Er..From 2000? lol  But anyway, like I said, SSB has a set style, and it works. PS:ASBR has a broken and severaly unbalanced mechanic. I don't know how anyone can find the combat to be "Smooth" and "Balanced"..Unless you're one of the many Issac/Emmet spammers.

Message 68 of 93 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
998 posts

Jun 14, 2013
@shun what are you doing here? Get back to your knitting game!!
Message 69 of 93 (149 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 14, 2013
@Bob, that's a perfectly fine reasoning - the Wii U itself is currently a very poor investment, and one that only looks to be going downhill as the next gen consoles release this fall. The only saving grace is it's strength in first party releases (most of which are tiresome rehashes of the same formula for all but the Nintendo loyalists) and if they drop the price...which they won't anytime soon, simply because they are already making a loss at the price it's being sold.

That however, was not my point. My point was that many are jumping on the SSBU (as it should rightfully be called) bandwagon just for the sake of being able to hate on PSABR.

It's like me disliking Killzone, and bringing Halo into the arguement as a comparison, regardless of the fact that I've never played the game, nor do I ever intend on doing so (a hypothetical situation considering I enjoy the Killzone series, and have played Halo).
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 70 of 93 (140 Views)