Highlighted
Nov 06 2013
By: XIII---Uk Uncharted Territory 1610 posts
Accepted Solution

Evil Cole MUs

[ Edited ]
8 replies 269 views Edited Nov 6, 2013

I've always mained Evil Cole, and always will. Sadly he's fallen out of popular use, mainly to do with his good version being 'better'.

Can someone with decent knowledge share his MU stats? Or offer some pro tips?

I've been resorting to flicking through loads of videos on Fight Club just to find decent references!

Message 1 of 9 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2138 posts

Re: Evil Cole MUs

[ Edited ]
Nov 6, 2013

XIII---Uk wrote:

I've always mained Evil Cole, and always will. Sadly he's fallen out of popular use, mainly to do with his good version being 'better'.

Can someone with decent knowledge share his MU stats? Or offer some pro tips?

I've been resorting to flicking through loads of videos on Fight Club just to find decent references!

Evil Cole has seen a sharp drop in his placement in tier lists with him finding himself somehere in the vicinity of mid to low high tier. 1.10 had a heavy effect on his overall game and that attributes to his sharp decline. He was a solid character that was at the top of tier lists before this patch, some of the things that put him there was his overwhelmingly powurful oki, his punishes and his general mobility. Since then his giga punch has been nerfed heavily and his oki has been nerfed, specifically his up grab to level 1 confirm which was a big deal.

As for MUs he generally more or less loses to most of the cast members above him. Since the patch a lot of his MU ratios have been a little sketchy since there haven't been many really solid E Cole mains with dabuz opting to use FP since her MU spread is far better. Stand out MUs he loses in are Raiden and Sly both of which I'd put around 7:3. The Raiden MU is by far Evil Cole's worst simply because Raiden outclasses him in every aspect except probably mobility which Raiden still has a plenty. Since E Cole is more of a heavy hittter you will find him getting punished heavily for his zoning attempts because some of them have a far more recovery. In addition Raiden's playground is in the air and unfortunately E Cole doesn't have the aerial safety that his more benevolent counterpart does in the air. Some E Coles might even argue that the MU is worse than 7:3.

Very similarly E Cole struggles to get much started in the sly MU because so much of his moveset is telegraphed and an easy get in for Sly. He again doesn't have the aerial presence or safety of his benevolent counterpart and gets very little comparatively from successful punishes.

Gcole I'd put around 4:6. Same mobility but G cole simply gets more for less and can outzone E Cole.

Also loses to Ratchet pretty heavily bordering on a hard CP. Ratchet can legitimately keep E Cole out and E Cole has a difficult time getting in because of it.

I'd also put FP around 4:6 (maybe better) because E Cole can actually the landing of FP after she uses her summons as well as get a lot of pressure in simply because of the punch. FP has to be far more careful around E Cole as opposed to G Cole.

Outside of this he generally wins vs the rest of the cast. Again a lot of these MUs are pretty sketchy because Evil Cole is seldom used simply because G Cole outclasses him in every regard.

Suspect the Isaac MU may be along the lines of :35:65/4:6 because E Cole's grenades provide a tad more of an area for Isaac to get around and Isaac's chasing ability isn't very good. May be one of the few MUs he does better than G Cole in.

As for everyone else he generally wins vs them all. There are some MUs I'd be very interested in seeing play out such as E Cole Drake but again, E Cole is generally outclassed by G Cole so he is very seldom used. Outside of those MUs E Cole wins virtually everything else from low high tier down.

Message 2 of 9 (255 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1610 posts

Nov 6, 2013
That's the exact kind of info I needed! Glad you're around Viz Smiley Very Happy
Raiden has always been a struggle for me. I miss the days of his old punch, people used to be scared of it!
I'm hoping to be a decent E Cole representative in the current Title Fight. Just gotta get past annoying sackboy! Any MU tips for the sack?
Message 3 of 9 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2138 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 6, 2013

XIII---Uk wrote:
That's the exact kind of info I needed! Glad you're around Viz Smiley Very Happy
Raiden has always been a struggle for me. I miss the days of his old punch, people used to be scared of it!
I'm hoping to be a decent E Cole representative in the current Title Fight. Just gotta get past annoying sackboy! Any MU tips for the sack?

No problem, Evil Cole was definitely a juggernaut pre patch and it is a bit sad to see him in his current state, hope the upcoming patch restores him to his former glory.

As for Sackboy E Cole E Cole wins. Sackboy has to be very patienty in that MU and has to rely on zoning more so than in others simply because his melee is inferior and he has to fear the punch. Everything sackboy does is punishable by giga punch assuming its done low enough. E Cole is also helped because his grenades are troublesome to deal with and occupy, bounce off walls and occupy a range that Sackboy is used to zoning in. E Cole also gets a lot of mileage out of tether to firebird strike, tether to u3 and knock downs to oil spike. Sackboy's roll isn't the best which is why he has such a reliance on the bounce pad to get out of situations which isn't possible with an oil spike down. So assuming you are comfortable with such punishes you will get a lot of bang for your buck with that.

Second video is pre 1.10 so keep that in mind

I

Message 4 of 9 (236 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1610 posts

Nov 6, 2013
Excellent! You're like an encyclopaedia!
Thanks Viz Smiley Happy gonna put all this to good use shortly!
Message 5 of 9 (204 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

Nov 6, 2013
I have a hard time putting a number in the FP-EC mu.
I've played it with a few good ecoles and it never really like either is at advantage because they both have ways to ounsih eachother. I think I would make it 55-45 FP favor at most.
"I only lose to lag"
Message 6 of 9 (195 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1036 posts

Nov 6, 2013
I don't think that's a good video to judge the E Cole MU. That was when I used to headbut alot
Message 7 of 9 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2138 posts

Nov 6, 2013
No prob, glad I could help. Just keep in mind that sackboy gets more from grab than before so be wary of it.
Message 8 of 9 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2138 posts

Nov 6, 2013

RamenKing24 wrote:
I don't think that's a good video to judge the E Cole MU. That was when I used to headbut alot

Oh Ramen, I'm not showing him the MU, I'm showing him what he can punish, he should have learnt the MU long before then.

Message 9 of 9 (172 Views)
0 Likes