May 03 2013
By: GameLink7 Lombax Warrior 160 posts

Fat Princess' Level 3 + lil FP rant

5 replies 170 views Edited May 3, 2013

It's too random, it's non-controllable, it's bad. It was supposed to be a balance of her Level 1 and 2, being more viable on larger stages. But the matter of the fact is: it's horrible. It's too much of a chance and the possibility to dodge it, even with the increased minions (which can give you extra air invunerability).

Yes Fat Princess is OP, but her supers are not XD

Her Level 1 is varied on how many FULL hearts she can put out: meaning if you're near a wall or an edge, the move can actually MISS (whether you KC-combo'd or not). So if a certain length is less than a full heart to form, she'll go that much shorter.

Her Level 2 is feared by a lot, but there's some outstanding downfalls: it has a long startup time that can be easily countered with another super, the dash is stopped at edges, once she dashes it's only one direction and it has a small cooldown afterwards, and it has just about a regular walking speed.

Her Level 3 is too random, too short, too uncontrollable. Sometimes you'll get a lot of flames, sometimes not so much, and where they spawn is a mystery. Sometimes (online) an invisible flame will linger afterwards for a silent kill, sometimes the super doesn't even work at all (rarely, but I've had empty FP Level 3s before). The biggest thing and a tip for you all against a FP Level 3: If you get killed by a flame, when you respawn DON'T MOVE. The flames can only turn so much and they end up circling around the spawn and unless there's a stray flame on the way, your best bet is usually to stay still... not that it matters since the super length is so short you really only have to worry about 1 death anyways.

Truthfully the only reason FP is considered top is due to her KCs/Combos/Pressure game, and asside from the pressure game, both her KCs and combos both got nerfed. People complained about her air knight, so they gave it a long startup time and recovery time. Now when you get hit by it, you deserve to be hit by it XD That and her fire mage I believe are her defining tools since she doesn't have a reliable trap/parry/counter/teleport to keep her safe close-up (you know that bomb is near worthless, its only use is maybe on the first part of Stowaways if Kratos/Kat aren't busy air juggling).

Sorry for the rant, it's just disheartening when I activate my Level 3 and get 2-3 kills while other Levels 3s can get 4+ kills... aside from PaRappa/Toro/Spike/Heihachi... but they have the Low AP cost to make up for it~

~GL

#PrincessPowerhouse
#PrincessPowerhouse
Message 1 of 6 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3659 posts

Re: Fat Princess' Level 3 + lil FP rant

May 3, 2013

I remember when two FP's were 2V1ing me and they both toyed with me and got their level 3's. One activated it and I dodged it! As Sir Dan! On flipping' Dojo! The second FP used it and the same happened! They got really mad at me, the just continued to level 1 confirm me.

I weirdly felt like I won that match, although I only killed each of them once.

Message 2 of 6 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3607 posts

May 3, 2013
Sooooo.....you want to keep FP as she is now AND better supers? Eehhhhh...I don't know about that...
Message 3 of 6 (157 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
160 posts

May 3, 2013

HypernovaGN wrote:
Sooooo.....you want to keep FP as she is now AND better supers? Eehhhhh...I don't know about that...

just mainly her Level 3. People will go to her Level 1 or 2 more often since her Level 3 isn't rewarding enough. The concept of getting a Level 3 should be rewarding, not something you dread a bit. The only use I see for it is semi-countering a sly, since he can teledodge the super.

~GL

#PrincessPowerhouse
#PrincessPowerhouse
Message 4 of 6 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3607 posts

May 3, 2013
Ah OK, that is understandable. As a good Cole main, I get where you are coming from. However, I believed his level three was buffed too much and is too good for its cost. Just don't OP it I guess Smiley Tongue
Message 5 of 6 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

May 4, 2013

I love Fat princesses lvl 3. I once got 6 kills with it. I don't know how, but I did. And I got 5 kills with it against good players. Yes, there have been a lot of times where I have only gotten 3 kills, but I've never gotten less than 3. I think it's a fine alternative considering the risk reward level 2 she has.

Message 6 of 6 (68 Views)
0 Likes