Reply
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/19/2013
Offline
1627 posts
 

Re: For Those who whine about double teaming

Jun 12, 2013

natsamtan246 wrote:

Alright, if you want an argument, I'll bite.

 

In reply to Situation A:
It's a quick match, don't take it so seriously. Obviously, you can choose to either 1v1 and show real skill, and you can hump or whatever, OR you can 2v1 me and get it over quick, but you shouldn't act like you are skilled especially if it was only my partner who died before you both could kill me.

 

In reply to Situation B (both are pretty similar):

There are 3 ways this can go, each giving off a certain skill level.

1. They choose to 1v1 you, showing respect and showing that they have a decent amount of skill. This guy would be allowed to gloat.
2. They both team up on you. They only care about winning (but if you can take them both, they will allow you the win, cause you are much better), or "want it to get over with fast" (because they suck too bad to 1v1 you and win). No gloating.
3. They attack and boost points off of the character who is not there. They clearly only care about winning and realize how bad they suck. Absolutely no gloating because they couldn't even stick to a fair 2v1.

 

Additional Situation C:

I am a respectful person and will 1v1 if the situation arises, and I tell my friends to do the same, as we are often on the phone. However when I do such a respectful move, that doesn't mean you should kill my character (If I'm sitting out) to gain additional kills (sometimes it can't be helped, but it is rare someone 1v1s and gets level 3s with Toro, Spike, or Heihachi [The uncontrollable level 3s, however Heihachi's level 2 is pretty uncontrollable so that's okay as its pretty easy to dodge]) and then after you kill me, act like you are good, this is especially true in timed matches.

 

And I know what you're thinking, people don't gloat that often especially after battling a Toro 2v1 and nearly losing, but you'd be wrong, the amount of people using endless combos/ pulling the cord has increased more and more, and the gloating/humping the ground has increased with it.
(And LOL to the person saying sometimes life isn't fair, considering it isn't life, it is the people playing the game. It can be fair, if people were respectful)

 

So in conclusion, you only get to pick one, Skill and respect OR getting the match over with. And if someone is nice enough to treat you fairly, don't be a jerk about it.


i was saying because it turns out to be unfair when the match starts out 1v2, they don't have the possibility for bragging rights unless it was on purpose.

 

1v1 in a 2v1 situation is disrespectful in a number of ways

 

1." you feel you have to go easy on me?"

2. what if i perfer 2v1?

3. the partner may just rapidly crouch in the corner doing psychological warfare, nulifying the 1v1 factor. this can be done whenyour partner dies out, has a mic, and makes annoying noises that you are well used to but your oponent isn't. so it is a team factor

4. the reason to play a video game is entertainment. people will play to entertain themselves. if you say they like the strategy of knocking out one player and then wiping out the other then TAKING FOREVER for a 1v1 marathon then come on. its so boring to have a 1v1 match with another player waiting.

5. it can't be 1v1 because even having your partner stand on the sidelines is a distraction for some people. they may worry about if they happen to attack in that direction, that the partner who was watching may act and attack back. so this can make percentage of players feel an entire portion of the map is blocked out. (Jak can use his jetboard to move around mid air. what if the player is in the way and it looks like an attack? things like that)

6. what if my CHARACTER is not designed for 1v1? if that is the case then 1v1 out of strategy, not respect.

7. the game is built around 1v1v1v1 free for all, not 1v1 free for all. i have never seen the game advertised as a 1v1 game. (counting out the rival battles)they have always displayed a lot of characters at a time. yes there can be reasons for having a bunch of characters to show the roster, but this is the way it is advertised. plus different skills are put into play in 1v1 than 4player free for all. this can depend on the character but it is true. deciding that 1v1 is a true form of psasbr skill isn't up to you.

 

 

 

TRUE SKILL comes from your ability to kill as much as you can in a time match.

 

you play stock to practice not dying.

 

you play kill limit to practice AP generation compared to others

 

you play time to combine the skills of stock and kill limit so you can learn to dodge supers, and get enough AP in time to kill.

 

the ranked mode is built around time mode only right? this means something. ina 1v1, typically its stock/kill limit. (from what i see)

 

in the LONG RUN you can be better than someone else, BUT IN THE SHORT RUN you can be weak.

 

 

for example a style you can use in 1v1 when its not timed is stay away, running away, and hit and running. certain characters can do this all they want. AS LONG AS THEY HAVE THE TIME. but in actual ranked matches, the player will be rushed and can't do this, or he/she won't rack up enough points. not to mention the player may not have all the attention plus may not be able to keep up with everyone else attacking eachother.

 

so 1v1 is invalid. only 4 way time matches prove skill.its where everything converges.

 

their fighting style speaks a lot so i am against spamming unless its a combo (i don't mind dante using the typical ground to air combo, but i do mind the ground 145AP(nearly touch of death) ground combo where he just uses the same ground slashes over and over. ) i don't mind getting caught by the same combo over and over because it is possible to learn from a mistake. but i don't like spaming moves like sly's roll. combos are muscle memory but the thing about spams like his roll is... just like COME ON ya know? but yeah i don't mind getting caught by heihachi's same combo over and over just as long as i have the chance to counterattack (usually unlike the sly roll)

 

 

BUT ANYWAY the people play this for entertainment, sony wants to entertain us for our money (or not idk) and the fact is they didn't dish out this game for respectful fights. your objective when in a match in this game is to knock out your opponent's lives, get to the kill limit, or end up with the most kills. there is no factor of respect except for not spamming because that ruins the other's entertainment. doing a 1v1 in a 2v1 situation can very much ruin entertainment after having the situation repeat OVER AND OVER AND OVER.

 

 

 

 

don't use the strategy to knock out one oponent? well man its kinda a team mode and you kinda chose to have lives. its something thats going to happen. plus they aren't gloating "HA I BEAT YOU" if anything they could only gloat" WE beat you TWO!" See the difference? you feel isolated because you are the last surviving on your team, but you can't forget your partner had chances to fight and kill back.

 

 

NOW this doesn't apply for situation Bb and Ba. like i said Bb is basically an invalid match and should be considered as practice. if its Bb, learn to protect your ally or dodge supers, if its Ba then practice 1v2 or 2v1

 

 

"I am a toaster among literature."

gamefreak2.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 20 (131 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 04/01/2013
Online
2196 posts
 

Re: For Those who whine about double teaming

Jun 13, 2013

Yeah, I never understood the whole 1v1 thing after your partner dies. I mean, it's called team battle for a reason. You're supposed to work together as a team. If your partner dies, then sorry about your luck.

 

Now, if a teammate leaves before the match even begins, leaving the other guy all alone, I might consider 1v1ing.

R.I.P. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 20 (108 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/25/2011
Offline
2318 posts
 

Re: For Those who whine about double teaming

Jun 13, 2013

People here will whine about anything, you shouldn't expect others to conform to your personal rules.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 20 (101 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/27/2005
Offline
5103 posts
 

Re: For Those who whine about double teaming

Jun 13, 2013

It was chosen for us to have ranked as a timit limit match.  IMO, stocked takes the most skill.

 

Generally, I wish more people would let players 1v1 in a 1v2.  I mean, the 1v2 is at a disadvantage anyway plus it counts for nothing if you win or lose.  My philosophy is to allow practice in a 1v1 setting to test each others personal skills.

 

 

PSN: MR:GREEN_____
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 20 (93 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 11/16/2012
Offline
847 posts
 

Re: For Those who whine about double teaming

Jun 13, 2013
I actually love when i go 1x2, most the time i lose, but when i win, god have mercy of my ego.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 20 (86 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 07/09/2012
Offline
584 posts
 

Re: For Those who whine about double teaming

Jun 13, 2013

give a fair fight, don't double team. it takes no skill and is overly annoying. stop trying to defend it because it's the only way you can beat someone.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 20 (84 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/10/2009
Online
2522 posts
 

Re: For Those who whine about double teaming

Jun 13, 2013

Wow this community has changed. I used to say that I never 1v1 in a 2v2 and I was told that I was being unsportsmanlike. Glad to see a lot of people coming around.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 20 (75 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/10/2009
Online
2522 posts
 

Re: For Those who whine about double teaming

Jun 13, 2013

crashbfan23 wrote:

give a fair fight, don't double team. it takes no skill and is overly annoying. stop trying to defend it because it's the only way you can beat someone.


It was a fair fight in the beginning you troll. If you or your partner got eliminated, your enemy EARNED their advantage. They should be able to use it.

Or maybe you shouldn't be playing stock.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 20 (74 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 07/09/2012
Offline
584 posts
 

Re: For Those who whine about double teaming

Jun 13, 2013

TrashCrap wrote:

crashbfan23 wrote:

give a fair fight, don't double team. it takes no skill and is overly annoying. stop trying to defend it because it's the only way you can beat someone.


It was a fair fight in the beginning you troll. If you or your partner got eliminated, your enemy EARNED their advantage. They should be able to use it.

Or maybe you shouldn't be playing stock.


well some people enjoy justifying their noob actions

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 20 (71 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/27/2005
Offline
5103 posts
 

Re: For Those who whine about double teaming

Jun 13, 2013

TrashCrap wrote:

crashbfan23 wrote:

give a fair fight, don't double team. it takes no skill and is overly annoying. stop trying to defend it because it's the only way you can beat someone.


It was a fair fight in the beginning you troll. If you or your partner got eliminated, your enemy EARNED their advantage. They should be able to use it.

Or maybe you shouldn't be playing stock



You are def. right.  And it is up to the team with the advantage to decide what to do. 
I mix it up...sometimes just finish through and sometimes let a 1v1 happen.  I know for **bleep** well if it was ranked stock then no one would let anyone do a 1v1.
PSN: MR:GREEN_____
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 20 (60 Views)
Reply
0 Likes