Splicer
48 posts

Re: For those saying PSAS is better than Smash Bros. Brawl

May 31, 2013
I like allstars more because i was there when it first came out and i have chance to be mlg, unlike the nintendo try hards
Message 81 of 112 (317 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1036 posts

May 31, 2013
DID I MAK SIGNASHTURE RIGT THIS TIME???
Message 82 of 112 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

May 31, 2013
Perhaps I got twisted up in a few of my words (my last post was written in a few minutes before I had to leave). I wasn't saying that the moves should not have been nerfed/balanced, merely that sitting idly by while complaining about relatively easy to defeat strategies (such as somebody using only a single burst combo consistently) shows laziness on the player's part. If something is downright unavoidable and actually breaks the game (Drake's pre-patch barrel, FP's former ability to win without touching the ground for more than 10 seconds, etc.), complaints are understandable. Calling for changes isn't my problem, don't get me wrong; my problem is when people solely demand changes without attempting to further find ways around it or discuss the problems themselves. This sort of thing is my issue, not constructive criticism. However, the competitive community of this game has only once taken action against a particular move or character by banning them from tournaments, and that was Kat (due mostly to glitches).

And Son of Kratos, I do in some way owe you an apology, as I got some of your opinions twisted up with the OP's later in my argument. That was a mental lapse on my part, and I'll hone up to that. I regardless feel that bursts shouldn't be treated as if they're the be-all-end-all, as they're fairly easy to beat if somebody only knows one or two. However, if somebody truly knows the game AND a few burst combos, it's an entirely different story.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 83 of 112 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
847 posts

May 31, 2013
Pasbr > any smash.

Say what you want, its my op.
Message 84 of 112 (300 Views)
Highlighted
Sackboy
384 posts

May 31, 2013
One thing Smash does that would be benificial to All-Stars is moves going stale. That is pretty clever.
Message 85 of 112 (291 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

May 31, 2013
That was something that perplexed me about PSAS, actually - why it didn't have that, I mean. I mean, looking at it from a game design standpoint, I understand, because you'd have to account for people using attack X until it starts dropping AP render, and then switching for one move before going back and repeating, among other factors. However, I thought I found a pretty good workaround in that they could've just included a timer and a counter for uses of the same move within that timer, penalizing players for a decent amount of time with AP gain on that move. (Not exactly foolproof, but it'd be a decent thing to implement in a way such as that, so that it fits the PSAS formula a bit better.)
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 86 of 112 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
847 posts

May 31, 2013
I think this is gonna give advantage for combo characters. If you lose to a guy spamming the same move the entire match, you deserved the loss.
Message 87 of 112 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

May 31, 2013

regularbender wrote:
I used to think SON_OF_KRATOS666 was a pretty nice guy. But after reading some of his recent posts, I take that all back. Smiley Sad

What can I say, when someone comes at me, I stand up for myself.

Message 88 of 112 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

May 31, 2013

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
Perhaps I got twisted up in a few of my words (my last post was written in a few minutes before I had to leave). I wasn't saying that the moves should not have been nerfed/balanced, merely that sitting idly by while complaining about relatively easy to defeat strategies (such as somebody using only a single burst combo consistently) shows laziness on the player's part. If something is downright unavoidable and actually breaks the game (Drake's pre-patch barrel, FP's former ability to win without touching the ground for more than 10 seconds, etc.), complaints are understandable. Calling for changes isn't my problem, don't get me wrong; my problem is when people solely demand changes without attempting to further find ways around it or discuss the problems themselves. This sort of thing is my issue, not constructive criticism. However, the competitive community of this game has only once taken action against a particular move or character by banning them from tournaments, and that was Kat (due mostly to glitches).

And Son of Kratos, I do in some way owe you an apology, as I got some of your opinions twisted up with the OP's later in my argument. That was a mental lapse on my part, and I'll hone up to that. I regardless feel that bursts shouldn't be treated as if they're the be-all-end-all, as they're fairly easy to beat if somebody only knows one or two. However, if somebody truly knows the game AND a few burst combos, it's an entirely different story.

Thats funny, I actually was 30 minutes away from leaving for work when i said all that.

well, I suppose I owe you an apology as well for getting angry myself.

I will stand in that I think Smash is better, but then again, if someone disagrees with me, my opinion doesnt matter at all since its, well, an opinion.

Is All-Stars fun? Yes, to a degree. I find Smash to be more fun, though.

One aspect i feel they missed on is the friendlyness to newcomers. Ive had about.. 7 or 8 friends play with me (some playing at the same time, depended on the friends). And all of them complained that the super system was unfair for new people.

In smash, even is someone does 1 hit on a vetern player, that damage will stay there (without the use of items of course) until they die, making the newcomer feel somewhat useful.

in All-stars, newcomers can easily go a whole match without getting a kill, because the ease of dodging supers isnt getting harder as time goes by, its the same. I smash, eventually the damage count would get soo high you simply launch off the screen.

Actually, when i think about it, thats why people KC. because many a times, its the only way to kill a vetern player.

Message 89 of 112 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

May 31, 2013

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
That was something that perplexed me about PSAS, actually - why it didn't have that, I mean. I mean, looking at it from a game design standpoint, I understand, because you'd have to account for people using attack X until it starts dropping AP render, and then switching for one move before going back and repeating, among other factors. However, I thought I found a pretty good workaround in that they could've just included a timer and a counter for uses of the same move within that timer, penalizing players for a decent amount of time with AP gain on that move. (Not exactly foolproof, but it'd be a decent thing to implement in a way such as that, so that it fits the PSAS formula a bit better.)

That may be a proper workaround the issue.

But.. what about characters liek Zeus who have literally the same move for like 6 of their attacks?

**bleep** i hate how un-inspired his Triablge moveset is.

Message 90 of 112 (252 Views)
0 Likes