Jun 09 2013
By: Soondragon76 I Only Post Everything 997 posts

Godzilla for PSASBR DLC/Sequel

28 replies 1648 views Edited Jun 9, 2013

REASONS WHY GODZILLA SHOULD BE IN PSASBR

Yes I know, you are probably wondering why on earth Godzilla would deserve to be in a game that is focused on characters that are big in Playstation's history. You are probably thinking this especially since Godzilla originated not in games, but in movies. Well Godzilla has been in a total of 22 games with another game coming out next year. Out of those games Godzilla has been in 3 games featuring on a Playstation console, and 1 of which was exclusive to a Playstation console. Compare this to Big Daddy who has been in two games on a Playstation console(Excluding Infinite since he did not appear as a fightable/playable NPC in the game) of which one was originally an Xbox exclusive for a few months before finally coming out on a Playstation console.

Another reason for Godzilla being in PSASBR is that he has a huge fan following in Japan, along with Sony who is the publisher of PSASBR. Much like Toro, Godzilla would target the fanbase in Japan and would gain Sony huge amounts of money off the DLC. This would also allow Toho to gain money to support their funding of the new Godzilla movie coming out in 2014.

Finally, Out of the 23 games Godzilla has featured in about 10 have been fighting games. So therefore Godzilla would be perfectly fine in PSASBR which happens to be a fighting game. All Sony has to do is shrink Godzilla to just above Big Daddy's size and he could fit right in with his moveset and such. Also in Godzilla's movies and games he has done some of the craziest things, which fits right in with PSASBR which gives an almost comedic value and craziness to the moves it features.

Godzilla's Moveset For PSASBR

NOTE-Godzilla would feature super armor on almost all of his moves except the square attacks

NOTE-Godzilla would be unable to jump high at all, and his double jump would be more like a regular character's single jump

Ground Neutral square- Godzilla bites his opponent with a jab like effect 10 AP
                                                            OR
                              Godzilla lightly claws at his opponent 10 AP

Ground Forward/Side Square- Godzilla delivers a hard hook which knocks his opponent to be knocked back 15 AP

Ground Up Square- Godzilla headbutts his opponent and then lifts his head quickly causing his opponent to fly in the air in front of godzilla 15 AP
                                                                                  OR
Godzilla delivers an uppercut to his opponent that has the effect of Big Daddy's drill and sends his opponent flying 20 AP

Ground Down Square- Godzilla delivers a downward hook to his opponent knocking them into the ground 20 AP

Air Neutral Square- Godzilla delivers a swift swipe with his claws knocking an opponent back 10 AP

Air Forward/Side Square- Godzilla backhands his opponent hard which sends the opponent flying 15 AP

Air Up Square- Godzilla does the same as his ground Up Square just in the air 15/20 AP

Air Down Square- Godzilla does the same as his ground down square and can send an opponent through thin platforms. 20 AP

Ground Neutral Triangle- Godzilla whacks his opponent with his tail sending them flying 25 AP

Ground Forward/Side Triangle- Godzilla sends out a medium range radioactive blast which has the effect of a fast machine gun 30 AP if all connects

Ground Up Triangle-Godzilla sends an anti air radioactive burst to push the opponents upwards(like Isaac's up triangle) 25 AP

Ground Down Triangle-  Godzilla shoots a radioactive burst downwards at first which then rises carrying opponents up with it, if the end of the move connects the opponent is sent flying 40 AP if all connects

Air Neutral Triangle- Same as Ground Neutral Triangle but in the air 25 AP

Air Forward/ side Triangle- Godzilla sends out a short radioactive burst which can target opponents 15 AP

Air Up Triangle- Same as Ground Up Triangle but in the air 25 AP

Air Down Triangle- Godzilla breathes radioactivity downwards at an angle while he falls. up to 20 AP

Ground Neutral Circle-Godzilla charges himself similar to Heihachi as shown in this video Doubles AP for next move or charges for a blast which does 30 AP

Ground Forward/Side Circle- Godzilla Slides on his tail and dropkicks his opponent 35 AP

Ground Up Circle- Godzilla shoots a beam straight upwards which if it touches anyone they will be sent flying 40 AP

Ground Down Circle- Godzilla sends a temporary(lasts about 30 seconds) radioactive flame mine which explodes when touched 20 AP

Air Neutral Circle-Same as Ground Neutral Circle but in the air 30 AP if used for blast

Air Forward/Side Circle- Godzilla dropkicks opponent midair 35 AP

Air Up Circle- Godzilla sends out a wave of energy upwards 15 AP

Air Down Circle- Godzilla sets a radioactive mine which burns opponents while it  falls and does not explode until on the ground. 5 AP for burning 20 AP for exploding

Side/Forward throw- Godzilla grabs his opponent and spins them around once and then throws them

Up Throw-Godzilla grabs his opponent by the neck and simultaneously throws them upward

Down Throw-Godzilla slams his head down onto his opponent making them fall to the ground

Godzilla Supers for PSASBR

Level 1 Super- Godzilla sends out an aimable beam of energy much like Radec's level 1 but with a bigger hitbox and slower start up 150 AP

Level 2 Super- Godzilla summons Anguirus to help him(Like Kuma) 300 AP

Level 3 Super- Godzilla gains full power from the help of a Kaiser Mutant(Like in Final Wars) and all of his moves kill instantly but his triangle moves and O moves are changed to different kinds of energy blasts. 700 AP

Godzilla Unlockables

Taunts- First Taunt- Godzilla Roars

Second Taunt- Godzilla swings his arms a bit before going into a fighting stance

Third Taunt- Godzilla dances
Dance

Costumes-  New Millenium(Regular)
Godzilla

Zilla
Zilla

Black And White
B&W

Intros- Godzilla lifts his head and roars(Regular)

Godzilla stands looking down before raising his head and looking directly at the camera

Godzilla breathes out a radioactive mist while weaving his head

Godzilla is nibbling on a train and then gets into a fighting stance

Outro- Godzilla roars in victory

Godzilla lifts his head up and shoots a huge burst of energy

Godzilla shoots a beam of energy at the camera

Godzilla walks away from the camera with Minilla chasing him from behind

Victory Music- Generic

Meteor Victory(8-11)

King Of Monsters(9-14)

Minions- Mothra

DLC Minon- King Ghidorah

Hardcore

Message 1 of 29 (1,648 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Re: Godzilla for PSASBR DLC/Sequel

Jun 9, 2013
I like. And not only because Vytrova created a hilarious photoshop'd image about Godzilla's inclusion!
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 2 of 29 (1,633 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1696 posts

Jun 9, 2013
disgusting
"Say Pam, ever hung from a ceiling fan while your partner sat on a paint mixer"
 photo lordvv-1.gifVegeta GIF photo vegeta.gif
Message 3 of 29 (1,611 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
997 posts

Jun 9, 2013

Nice to know you appreciate my 2 hour long hard work. Please begone troll

Hardcore

Message 4 of 29 (1,600 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jun 9, 2013

Soondragon76 wrote:

Nice to know you appreciate my 2 hour long hard work. Please begone troll

Don't mind him/her. I loved it!

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 5 of 29 (1,583 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5383 posts

Jun 9, 2013
I LOVE YOU! I have/still am rraining myself to know EVERYTHING about Godzilla! Him i see more as a boss though, but still....kaiju brofist mah man!
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Message 6 of 29 (1,574 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
997 posts

Jun 9, 2013

Yup Kaiju Brofist mate. Can't wait till Kaiju Combat(monster fighting game made by indy company) and The new Godzilla movie come out

Hardcore

Message 7 of 29 (1,351 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1808 posts

Jun 9, 2013

I used to have this game, but then i traded it at gamestop for credit. I very much regret that. 

See more on Know Your Meme
Message 8 of 29 (1,211 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
260 posts

Jun 9, 2013

There are just two fundamental issues with this.

Half the point of Godzilla is that he's basically the size of a skyscraper

and

Godzilla is not a video game character. Not only that, but his ties to film overwhelm any ties to video games, let alone the PlayStation brand. You compared him to Big Daddy, saying that Big Daddy has only been in two games on a Playstation console. But that is two out of three games, and he is technically representing Bioshock the series, and all three of the Bioshock games have been on Playstation 3. Godzilla, as you said, has only 3 games out of a whole 23 games that are even available on a PlayStation console, indicating a very weak tie to the brand. Furthermore Godzilla hasn't even had a video game released since 2007, and that was for the Wii. I just don't think Godzilla will ever be a relevant PlayStation character.

Sorry, but I feel the same way about this as people asking for Goku or Naruto to be in the game. It's not a good fit.

Message 9 of 29 (872 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1411 posts

Jun 9, 2013
Godzilla as the stage O_O
 photo newcolesigtest_zps63cc5eb3.png
Message 10 of 29 (599 Views)
0 Likes