May 16 2013
By: Noobish-Hero Sackboy 457 posts

Good Cole

29 replies 382 views Edited May 16, 2013

First things first, I am NOT asking for a nerf on Good Cole.

Now although I know this game is balanced through FFA, but I play alot of 2v2 in quick match with random partners and a lot of those matches turn into 2 1v1s on opposite sides of the map, not to mention when stock is played it can come down to a 1v1 as well. Now my question is, who is a good counter to Good Cole in 1v1 situations? Cole is great when played defensively, has plenty of ways to get their opponent into a kill confrim, and being able to start combos from a distance with his tether, I see no weaknesses in this character.  Does anyone have any strategies against a great Good Cole player? Which characters counter him?

Message 1 of 30 (382 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3607 posts

Re: Good Cole

May 16, 2013
Well, I am still a good Cole main and personally then only two I really have a tough time beating is a Ratchet and Kat player. Basically I think it is a player who can shut down or at least beat Cole's zoning abilities.
Message 2 of 30 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3607 posts

May 16, 2013
However, where is Layback when you need him....
Message 3 of 30 (365 Views)
Wastelander
847 posts

[ Edited ]
May 16, 2013

Try radec

bob

Message 4 of 30 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
457 posts

May 16, 2013
So is it Ratchet's sniper that can shut down Good Cole's zoning?
Message 5 of 30 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3607 posts

May 16, 2013
Aw....forgot about the fat **bleep**. I don't think I have ever beat a fat princess. Must have blocked it from my memory. Smiley Very Happy
Message 6 of 30 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2138 posts

May 16, 2013
Fat Princess, Kat and potentially Kratos. The key to beating Cole is to remove his zoning game. Neither Cole does well when you get in their face. They both do best at medium to long range. FP's pressure game of constant hard knock downs will nullify Cole, same for Kratos and the fact that Kratos can get in your face without risking immediate bodily harm to himself is do cole in. In fact if Cole is ever in a situation where he is blocking Kratos the only viable option for him is to roll backwards.

Anything else and its an easily punishable AP burst. Sackboy can also give Cole a run for his money though to be honest if there is little to no lag the shield will remove most of Sack's zoning abilities.

Your options...Kratos, Kat (goes without saying), FP, potentially Sack.
Message 7 of 30 (308 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
400 posts

May 17, 2013
Potentially Kratos, yes. But with the Kratos vs Cole MU I want to say it's about

Cole:5.5
Kratos:4.5

I believe that MU is almost player based, because I never lost to a Kratos as Cole, but the same could be said the other way around.

Tekken BF

Message 8 of 30 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2138 posts

May 17, 2013

Noobish-Hero wrote:
So is it Ratchet's sniper that can shut down Good Cole's zoning?

Ratchet has the best zoning game bar none but his downfall is his mobility. Cole is leaps and bounds faster than ratchet and can combo from anything above the ground really. What Ratchet excells at is keeping those combos at bay. The buzz blades stops any and everything in its tracks including supers. I've nullified several supers using them before. In addition while not being a melee character in the ratchet vs Cole MU Cole has to get close and Ratchet has the best camping game period. Agents of doom, tesla spikes, buzz blades, assuming you are patient you have the skill set to keep Cole at an arms length you can keep his AP gain to a minimum and maybe eek out a win. It takes a tremendous amount of patience and perseverance to do well with ratchet and I commend anyone who can compete at a high level with Ratchet.

Message 9 of 30 (252 Views)
Survivor
2138 posts

May 17, 2013
Don't know how I forgot this but Sly straight up trumps good cole...
Message 10 of 30 (241 Views)
0 Likes