Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
457 posts

Re: Good Cole

May 17, 2013
Thanks viz, please do tell how Sly wins this match up. As a Sly main, I actually struggle in battle against Good Cole.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 30 (493 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2121 posts

May 17, 2013

Noobish-Hero wrote:
Thanks viz, please do tell how Sly wins this match up. As a Sly main, I actually struggle in battle against Good Cole.

Sly can either counter or reflect everything that Cole throws at him. The barrel reflects projectiles so sticky grenades and re - direct rockets have no effect on sly assuming you go in the barrel in time. Sly also has a counter which counters, tethers, sticky grenades, redirect rockets lightning bolts the works. So any projectile vs Sly is strictly out of the question. Lastly Sly's mine can act as cover on the even that you are in the barrely and get tethered. Cole will fall right in front of you if tethered so if you stay within touching distance of that mine it pretty much stops every combo in its tracks...very similar to sackboy's electric panel. 

Lastly Sly's teleport makes him pretty mobile and seeing as it can change direction on a whim, Sly can remain agile and elusive at all times. Moreover it can if timed right avoid Cole's level 3 and much to my surprise even Cole's level 2 upon get up to avoid that tech trap from a hard knock down from Cole. As such Sly has the elements to counter act most of Cole's moves.  The only thing he doesn't really have an answer for is Cole's ice launch which can't really hurt you if you teleport often unless it's from getup.  Gonna go search for a high level match to show you, not really Cole vs Sly...Evil Cole vs Sly rather but you'll get the idea.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 30 (488 Views)
Survivor
2121 posts

May 17, 2013

Part 1

Part 2

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 30 (475 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
574 posts

[ Edited ]
May 17, 2013

funny thing is, i beat noobish yesterday with good cole, now i see this thread xD i was teamed with my bro, on his acc. we were good cole team. another funny thing is, im only 200 XD but it must have show 999 & 1, i was the second one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Main: Toro
Other: Kratos, Parappa, Heihachi & Sly

English is not my main language, so im sorry about my mistakes.

Show your support for Gex as DLC!

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 30 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2121 posts

May 17, 2013

Fred1023 wrote:

funny thing is, i beat noobish yesterday with good cole, now i see this thread xD i was teamed with my bro, on his acc. we were good cole team. another funny thing is, im only 200 XD but it must have show 999 & 1, i was the second one.

might not have anything to do with you and just might be that he struggles with GC generally.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 30 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
457 posts

May 17, 2013
I don't recall playing a team of two Coles the other day. Maybe we did play. If you want the truth,the reason why i made this thread was because i got my butt handed to me by Big_Lowe (I think is his name, best Good Cole I've played) I couldn't touch him in a 1v1 and it made me realize that I really do struggle against great Good Cole players
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 30 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3946 posts

May 17, 2013

Noobish-Hero wrote:
I don't recall playing a team of two Coles the other day. Maybe we did play. If you want the truth,the reason why i made this thread was because i got my butt handed to me by Big_Lowe (I think is his name, best Good Cole I've played) I couldn't touch him in a 1v1 and it made me realize that I really do struggle against great Good Cole players

I have the same problem with REAL_RAIDEN

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 30 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2121 posts

May 17, 2013

Blzzrd wrote:

Noobish-Hero wrote:

out zone him...that cat likes to get up close and personal. He has little patience for the zoning game so if you can play safe you'll be better off for it.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 30 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
400 posts

[ Edited ]
May 18, 2013

Make Cole come to you.

Ratchet, Isaac, and Sly are good for this.

Ratchet has the best zoning in this game, it honestly takes Cole a lot of patience and he has to treat it as if he's going through an obstacle course & poke holes in Ratchet's defense.

Isaac needs to be pressured for obvious reasons.

Sly can counter and reverse any&every projectile Cole throws. so you have to bring the fight to him. Cole has to use mind games and outplay Sly, and his shoulder charge doesnt activate his counter (if it does it misses). but this can be used to Coles advantage. I bait Sly to counter my projectile, jump and airdodge so he misses, then either super or punish him.

Laybackkid plays an extremely defensive (and I mean a really defensive) Cole, but he even know about MUs like these where he has to use melee and get up close. At this point, he told me, he has to rely on his skills as a players to literally outplay and use mindgames/mix ups to win. At that point opponents love to block because they dont want to get comboed & killed. When they are scared to that point than he usually just get by or grind cancel quickly and either lvl 1 or grab.

Tekken BF

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 30 (97 Views)
Fender Bender
3946 posts

May 18, 2013

vizionary2012 wrote:

Blzzrd wrote:

Noobish-Hero wrote:

out zone him...that cat likes to get up close and personal. He has little patience for the zoning game so if you can play safe you'll be better off for it.

Apologies to the OP for getting off-topic, but I noticed your're good with GC and I'm trying to get better with him. Any tips?

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 30 (71 Views)
0 Likes