Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Re: Health Bars?

Jul 9, 2012

I don't get why people are so down about the lack of health bars. Not only does it make total sense to me not to have them but it's more original, brings a greater risk vs. reward system depending on which one you use and theoretically makes the game easier to balance because the amount of AP you receive from your attacks is the only variable, rather than Health and AP.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 37 (301 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Jul 9, 2012

barker09 wrote:

To be honest, i'm glad health bars aren't in this game. It's a fresh take on the fighting game formula and it encourages heavy offensive play. You can't turtle in a match because the other players will be gaining meter and kills. Has anyone played 4 player smash bros and have someone steal your kill after you did all the damage to them? PSASBR pretty much eliminated that problem.

And to those who think the Supers will get old, there will probably be around 25 characters with 3 supers each (that's 75 supers).

This :smileyhappy:

In PASBR you won't be able to cry "kill stealer", since the only way for you to get a kill is if you've deserved to get that kill. Through fighting like a man, not playing defensively and waiting for one guy to become low on health.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 37 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
76 posts

Jul 12, 2012
I would like a health bar or a stock gameplay in the game.
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 37 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2884 posts

Jul 12, 2012

jarmany wrote:
I would like a health bar or a stock gameplay in the game.

Stock mode has been confirmed since day 1.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 37 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jul 12, 2012
The meter acts almost as a healtth bar. Letting ur opponent get a meter is like ur life hitting 0. Its the same thing but with more coolness
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 37 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1792 posts

Jul 13, 2012

After looking up more on the game, I am pretty content with the way the game is played.  I missed the first part of the EVO live stream, but I watched it on YouTube, and Superbot pretty much sold me on the Super scoring system.

I can't wait to for Sunday for the next two character reveals.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 37 (231 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 14, 2013

I totally agree with you!!!

I hope Sony acts on this request very soon.

More options really is a good thing.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 37 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
826 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 14, 2013

Well superbot is gone so anything goes

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 37 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Feb 14, 2013

Well if Smash had a stamina mode then so can this. There is no harm in having more ways to play this game and I don't see why Superbot (or Omar) were so against it. And as for supers in health mode, just have smash ball esque things floating around that you collect. Collecting one gives you a level one, getting two's a level two, and then a level three. And each super does 100, 200 or 300 damage depending on the level. Sure, there'll be a hell of a lot of balancing to do, but SSM have got to do that anyway now that Superbot has buggered off.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 37 (98 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
876 posts

Feb 14, 2013
Health bars destroys the whole point of buidling meter. If your sweet tooth and your about to go from lvl 1 to lvl 2, you would no longer have to use a trash super in order to win or risk going lvl 3. You could just kill someone by fighting. Their is absolutely no risks at all once you add healthbars and someone who did NOTHING all game could just come over and last hit you and get a kill. Right now if your struggling to get to lvl 1 because your opponent(s) are just dominating you, their is absolutely 0 chance of you getting kills. If the HP was added this terrible player can land that last hit, get a kill, and even win by just stealing kills without ever landing a super. I get it no HP is uncoventional but thats why this game is great, not the same BS with new characters.
"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Mains: Jak, Isaac Subs: Spike, Drake, Evil Cole
6 Seasons with Black Belt! (should be 8)
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 37 (94 Views)
0 Likes