Message 15 of 398 (1,234 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2132 posts

Re: High Level sets

Jun 9, 2013

Monsieur_Liqueur wrote:

you again?

It isn't a troll thread, not saying that you thought it was but let's keep it on topic.

Message 16 of 398 (1,230 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Jun 9, 2013
Sackboy is a general pain for Big Daddy to fight unless he can get on a flat stage and even better a small one (Dojo like in the vid)

Sackboy's bouncepad makes hima bit tricky to use some regular OKI on along with his generally weird hitboxes for some attacks online (magical teleporting cake :V)

You have to just sortof play the MU by approaching slowly but not predictably, start to charge in or do ballsy jumps for no reason can get you into bother, easily read or simply have sackboy escape using his pad so it's best to approach him in a way that may for him to use the pad too early or attempt some other way of stopping you that you can punish (some sacks will try to use the jetpack headbutt if they don't like you getting close which you can punish with your own attacks.) Charging straight through his traps is only advisable if sackboy does something you can punish him for too, never ever try to break his traps when Sackboy is neutral and simply waiting for you to try and break them.

Well that's some random thoughts on the MU for BD :L
Message 17 of 398 (1,214 Views)
Survivor
2132 posts

Jun 9, 2013

crashbfan_-23 wrote:

CalDW19940 wrote:
Sackboy is a general pain for Big Daddy to fight unless he can get on a flat stage and even better a small one (Dojo like in the vid)

Sackboy's bouncepad makes hima bit tricky to use some regular OKI on along with his generally weird hitboxes for some attacks online (magical teleporting cake :V)

You have to just sortof play the MU by approaching slowly but not predictably, start to charge in or do ballsy jumps for no reason can get you into bother, easily read or simply have sackboy escape using his pad so it's best to approach him in a way that may for him to use the pad too early or attempt some other way of stopping you that you can punish (some sacks will try to use the jetpack headbutt if they don't like you getting close which you can punish with your own attacks.) Charging straight through his traps is only advisable if sackboy does something you can punish him for too, never ever try to break his traps when Sackboy is neutral and simply waiting for you to try and break them.

Well that's some random thoughts on the MU for BD :L

the matchup is quite even.

Think in terms of the MU sackboy can zone all day and BD can never touch him, where BD excels is the lockdown game. Not very possible on a large map. Which is why the stage choice in this scenario was a good choice. Anyhow, on to the next set.

Message 18 of 398 (957 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2132 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 9, 2013

Second Set up

Ramenking has a pretty good sack as well, has a couple of tendencies that cause him to get punished a few times though. Key in reducing sack's ability to zone again was the stage pick

Message 19 of 398 (805 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1036 posts

Jun 9, 2013
That was a fun match even of I did lose. Now I can learn from my mistakes. Also it says 09 is not eh list after me do you happen to have that match so I can see how 09 handled a ratchet player. Or was that the game where you had to go? Anyways thanks for uploading
Message 20 of 398 (278 Views)
0 Likes