Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
596 posts

Re: High Resolution Menus

Oct 27, 2012

hushM0UTH12 wrote:

The menus look limited and the background looks so... bland and boring. Hopefully there be more to do in the menus and the background wil change overtime with designs, because that orange is attrocious. At this day and age of video games. the menus are usually well done with things going on. A game like this should have character bios and to be able to listen to the game's soundtrack. The game is still in works so I could be speaking to soon; that's just my opinion.

Yeah, after just listening to THIS at the 24:20 mark, you can hear an interview with seth killian.

He says that there are character themes that you unlock for the more that you use a certain character.

So this one is the Jak and Daxter theme which is orange, features J&D on the main screen, and flying cars going across the screen, and he also said that for the Nathan Drake one, the background is of a sandstorm (like the Uncharted 3 main menu).

So it's all customizable depending on your tastes which is nice to hear. So if you don't like orange, you don't have to have orange.

Message 31 of 57 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 27, 2012

Zezzler wrote:

hushM0UTH12 wrote:

The menus look limited and the background looks so... bland and boring. Hopefully there be more to do in the menus and the background wil change overtime with designs, because that orange is attrocious. At this day and age of video games. the menus are usually well done with things going on. A game like this should have character bios and to be able to listen to the game's soundtrack. The game is still in works so I could be speaking to soon; that's just my opinion.

Yeah, after just listening to THIS at the 24:20 mark, you can hear an interview with seth killian.

He says that there are character themes that you unlock for the more that you use a certain character.

So this one is the Jak and Daxter theme which is orange, features J&D on the main screen, and flying cars going across the screen, and he also said that for the Nathan Drake one, the background is of a sandstorm (like the Uncharted 3 main menu).

So it's all customizable depending on your tastes which is nice to hear. So if you don't like orange, you don't have to have orange.

Zezzler wrote:

hushM0UTH12 wrote:

Zezzler wrote:

hushM0UTH12 wrote:

Menus that appeal to the characters? Nice!!! Like I said I spoke to soon. Whoops. I double quoted you by accident. Thanks for the info.

"I'm the bad guy......I'm fine with that."
Message 32 of 57 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6994 posts

Oct 27, 2012

Zezzler wrote:

hushM0UTH12 wrote:

Those "flying cars" are call HellCat Cruisers :smileyhappy:

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 33 of 57 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
596 posts

Oct 27, 2012

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

Zezzler wrote:

hushM0UTH12 wrote:

haha, sorry, I only ever played Jak and Daxter 1. And that was quite some time ago.

I really should pick up the HD collection. So then I would be able to know this kind of stuff.

Message 34 of 57 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6994 posts

Oct 27, 2012

Zezzler wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

Zezzler wrote:

hushM0UTH12 wrote:

haha, sorry, I only ever played Jak and Daxter 1. And that was quite some time ago.

I really should pick up the HD collection. So then I would be able to know this kind of stuff.

Yes you should, your really missing out. I a lready had *multiple playthroughs* in each game in the collection. Its fun and epic as hell. Amazing, incredible, epic plot twisting experience! 

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 35 of 57 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
546 posts

Oct 27, 2012
Orange is my favorite color, so I'm cool with it. Can't wait to see the rest of the character's menu themes, although, I wish they had more design-oriented and intricate menus, it looks too simple. This is coming from a graphic designer.
Why did the chicken cross the road?
We're both lawyers.
Message 36 of 57 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Oct 27, 2012

I like the menu. The font is slick, the interface is minimal and also slick. No complaints if you ask me. The different character theme thing is awesome too.

Message 37 of 57 (199 Views)
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Oct 27, 2012

Maybe it's like in Mario Party, where the main menu theme was based on the last victor. It would also be cool if it was like the XMB, changing every month or so.

Message 38 of 57 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Oct 28, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:
not a fan of orange...or how plain it looks.

fun fact,the hue Orange is a natural sexual stimulant :smileyhappy:

Message 39 of 57 (129 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Oct 28, 2012

ElevenCarrot11 wrote:
I think in 'Customize' you choose which character to appear on the main menu (in this case it's Jak), the theme (in this case it's Radec's theme), and the color (in this case it's orange).

I assume you'll get to customize your unlockables too (Intros, Outros, Minions, Belts, and others).

the theme is Jak... those are hellcat cruisers broskie.

Message 40 of 57 (129 Views)