Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Re: High Resolution Menus

Oct 28, 2012
I hope the Vita takes this exact format (the character themes, colors). I also hope the character selection menu will look exactly like the ps3's. I mean, I can see why they did it they way they're doing it in the Vita beta, but if it were set up like the PS3's, I'd still think the characters would be visible...

It's like using remote play. The PS3's menu looks great on the Vita; probably because we 'know' it's not a portable system streaming
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 41 of 57 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2884 posts

Oct 28, 2012

ElevenCarrot11 wrote:
I think in 'Customize' you choose which character to appear on the main menu (in this case it's Jak), the theme (in this case it's Radec's theme), and the color (in this case it's orange).

I assume you'll get to customize your unlockables too (Intros, Outros, Minions, Belts, and others).

That's NOT Radec's theme, it's all Jak and Daxter.

Message 42 of 57 (178 Views)
Sackboy
568 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 28, 2012

I don't really like the menu... I think it's a great idea to put the most played character there, but the menu in itself looks straight out boring in my opinion... It's like if they didn't put effort in the menu.. It's basic and that's not really bad, because it's clearer then.. However, if I compare this to the stages, characters etc. Then the menu could have been made way better.

I hope that this isn't the final menu, but I think it is since it was the final build I think.. :\

Quoted from Zeothedeathgod aka mr. Optimistic: ''i am a bit disappointed by the roster''
Another Zeo quote: ''They should really have chosen a different roster''
Quoted from mtjjrstccw1 aka mr. Anger: ''my rage is shifted towards identity now''
Message 43 of 57 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Oct 28, 2012

Looking at it again I think Smash Bros. needs to take note because online matches against anyone that isn't on your friends list didn't allow you to change the match type in Smash, you were just left with a free for all, looks like here you can actually pick what you want, more online freedom then which sounds fantastic, though I do wish they gave you the option to set it to 1v1 and 3 player fights but it's no big deal.

Message 44 of 57 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
391 posts

Oct 28, 2012
So now the background is orange?
Message 45 of 57 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
596 posts

Oct 28, 2012

GhostWubble wrote:
So now the background is orange?

Zezzler wrote:
This is only one of the MANY themes that you can unlock which include a different character on the main menu, a different background animation, and a different color palette for the menus. This is the Jak and Daxter Theme here.

Message 46 of 57 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
212 posts

Oct 28, 2012
Wait a minute. Is this final build menu actually the the FINAL menu?? I could have sworn that the final one was mentioned to be hexagons.
Message 47 of 57 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
846 posts

Oct 28, 2012

Well, that solves the "Backgrounds" mystery from the unlockable menu.

Message 48 of 57 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

Oct 28, 2012

SON_OF_KRATOS666 wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:
not a fan of orange...or how plain it looks.

fun fact,the hue Orange is a natural sexual stimulant :smileyhappy:

I thought that was red.

"I'm the bad guy......I'm fine with that."
Message 49 of 57 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1659 posts

Oct 28, 2012

The background is incredibly boring... I like the idea that the characters show up randomly, but seriously, the background could have been a lot better, at least they should put the stage of the character

Message 50 of 57 (59 Views)
0 Likes