Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 16 2013
By: Dr-Maikel Lombax Warrior 157 posts

How come Heihachi and not Eddy Gordo?

23 replies 262 views Edited Apr 16, 2013

I know Heihachi is the one in tekken allong Paul and King one of the view who only appeared in all games.|
But remember when Tekken 3 came out for the first time?  They were aiming at JIN but everyone talked about one thing Eddy Gordo you were either against him or you loved him but Tekken 3 was all about Eddy back in the day, Hell even people who never played a game known who Eddy Gordo was at that point.  For that Eddy Gordo is one of the most well known charackters on the psone..

And still they went with Heihachi.. dont get me wrong i love Heihachi he is my favorite character in All Stars but if they did went with Eddy it would have been great also what do u think?

should they have went with Eddy instead of Heihachi?

Message 1 of 24 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1418 posts

Re: How come Heihachi and not Eddy Gordo?

Apr 16, 2013

Kazuya would of been the best choice for a Tekken rep.

Message 2 of 24 (256 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
998 posts

Apr 16, 2013
Heihachi is the face of Tekken, pretty much for the widely known character, also fans would complain if more tekken characters show up.
Message 3 of 24 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 16, 2013

If you're genuinely serious in asking this, you might not be convincible.

But whatever:

1. 1. Heihachi is the series creator's favorite.
  2. 2. Heihachi has been the final or sub-boss for most of the franchise.
  3. 3. Gameplay-wise, Heihachi is one of the more brutal Mishima Karate users, which lends itself well to a brawler.
  4. 4. And as you mentioned, he's been in every Tekken (including 5, where he canonically didn't participate aside from a few what-if scenarios).

I'd argue that Yoshimitsu or Nina are far more iconic than Eddy.

I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:

Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg

Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.

Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Message 4 of 24 (246 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

Apr 16, 2013

I think he was the guest character for soul calibur on the ps2, nintendo got link and I don't really know about xbox. So in a way he is more iconic

Message 5 of 24 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Apr 16, 2013
I gett what your saying i agree wh they put in Heihachi but as for effect on the world. Everyone was playing or talking about Eddy back in the day it was Eddy Eddy Eddy when Tekken 3 came out.

As for fans crying when more tekken charackters show up i think thats stupid as a kid with a playstation in my youth me and my friend we all played Tekken non stop.
Message 6 of 24 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3576 posts

Apr 16, 2013

colombotron19 wrote:

I think he was the guest character for soul calibur on the ps2, nintendo got link and I don't really know about xbox. So in a way he is more iconic

Xbox got the comic book hero Spawn. (There was no Xbox swordsman at the time)

Message 7 of 24 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

Apr 16, 2013

Dr-Maikel wrote:
I gett what your saying i agree wh they put in Heihachi but as for effect on the world. Everyone was playing or talking about Eddy back in the day it was Eddy Eddy Eddy when Tekken 3 came out.

That sounds like pure opinion myopia. Can you find any proof that Eddy was ever some kind of A-lister, because the average Tekken fan would disagree wholeheartedly.

I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:

Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg

Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.

Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Message 8 of 24 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

Apr 16, 2013
Eddy's interesting and im pretty sure that was the main draws of him back when he was added. but no he's not that important of a character to the series. especially considering he misses out on a lot of the games being replaced by Christie most of the time
Message 9 of 24 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Apr 16, 2013

[quote]Professional wrestler Kofi Kingston stated, "...guys like Eddy Gordo are very unique characters. When he was introduced into the Tekken series he was the guy everybody was talking about. People knew about Capoeira but they didn't really know what it was all about as far as moves and stuff."[33] He also stated, "I watch a character like Eddy Gordo in 'Tekken' and his capoeira style, and it's characters like that that I like to take from because of how they stand out."[34] Professional wrestler MVP attributed one of his moves called "Malicious Intent" to Eddy Gordo, calling it "a variation of one of [Eddy's] spinning kicks." MVP also considers Eddy Gordo as one of his favorite video game characters. Dane Cook referred to Eddy Gordo in the track "Struck by a Vehicle" from his second album Retaliation, joking that when someone gets struck by a car it "sends you flipping through the air like Eddy Gordo from Tekken when someone doesn't know how to do combos and they're just hitting the buttons randomly."][/quote]

I know one guy but from what i remember it really was like that.

Message 10 of 24 (200 Views)
0 Likes