Highlighted
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Re: How come Heihachi and not Eddy Gordo?

Apr 16, 2013

Eddy was just dynamic for his time. As history shows, though, he hasnt really been all that important since then (heck, they've even nerfed him SINCE 3)

Personally though, i think a better question would be Heihachi and not Yoshimitsu. Like Heihachi, Yoshi's been here since the beginning. However, through most games, he was the one with the most...lets say "different" rather than "unique" playstyle (being the guy with the sword) and has always been a fan favorite. Plus, he can represent not just one, but TWO franchises, as a character with the same name (and most of the moveset) appears in Soul Calibur, leaving many possibities for different costumes.

However, Heihachi clearly seems to be Harada's favorite. So, simply by that fact, it makes complete since that he's the Tekken candidate (with the same logic that Snake deserved to be in Smash Bros because Kojima said so -__-)

Message 11 of 24 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

Apr 16, 2013

First off, I'm not going to quote all that. That entire text you ripped from wikipedia amounted to 3 people, none of them with any clout in gaming.

You can read this yourself. The first few paragraphs have several major gaming publications naming Heihachi either a top-level villain and great character in general. And like is mention above, Tekken has plenty of fan-favorites more notable than Eddy (Yoshimitsu being one of them).

Like I said above, if you're serious about arguing this point, then there's probably no point trying to convince you (and I can do without the frustration of trying).

I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:

Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg

Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.

Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Message 12 of 24 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
384 posts

Apr 16, 2013

The only Tekken rep that could even be in this discussion is Yoshimitsu, repping both Tekken and Soul Calibur.

Message 13 of 24 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
158 posts

Apr 16, 2013

Maocutio wrote:

Eddy was just dynamic for his time. As history shows, though, he hasnt really been all that important since then (heck, they've even nerfed him SINCE 3)

Personally though, i think a better question would be Heihachi and not Yoshimitsu. Like Heihachi, Yoshi's been here since the beginning. However, through most games, he was the one with the most...lets say "different" rather than "unique" playstyle (being the guy with the sword) and has always been a fan favorite. Plus, he can represent not just one, but TWO franchises, as a character with the same name (and most of the moveset) appears in Soul Calibur, leaving many possibities for different costumes.

However, Heihachi clearly seems to be Harada's favorite. So, simply by that fact, it makes complete since that he's the Tekken candidate (with the same logic that Snake deserved to be in Smash Bros because Kojima said so -__-)

I agree on this..  Yoshi and Heihachi are on the same level and Yoshi have the Soul Calibur bonus.

And to the other guy i dont think Eddy is a better choice than Heihachi i just think both would work and if this game was released back in the day Eddy was the rep for sure.

Message 14 of 24 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
269 posts

Apr 16, 2013

I personally would've wanted Jin to be the Tekken rep , but I'm fine with Heihachi too. 
And honestly , I think he fits into this game better. He's kinda goofy and stuff , you know. It just fits this type of game better imo.
..I also hope Hei's 4th costume is going to be Jinpachi. They said the third partys are gonna get something , so yeah..

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 15 of 24 (103 Views)
Sackboy
526 posts

Apr 17, 2013
but... but.... yoshimitsu!! Smiley Tongue
eddy was my second fav tho haha

Click the picture for my Tombi Blueprint Thread!! Smiley Happy

HTML tutorial

Message 16 of 24 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9962 posts

Apr 17, 2013
The answer is simple. Eddy is now just a palette swap for Christie.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 17 of 24 (92 Views)
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Apr 17, 2013

i like heihachi

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 18 of 24 (84 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7550 posts

Apr 17, 2013

While Yoshi is an original for Tekken and also (at least by name and half of his moveset) in Soul Calibur.....he is not a main character in the ongoing story of Tekken......this game is about advertising the current games that are on the market for Sony why would you advertise Tekken with Yoshi? it makes no logical sense, and besides Heihachi is way more popular than him and so is Jin. The only 3 characters that could fit in All Stars is Jin, Heihachi, and Kazuya since the story of Tekken revolves around these 3........that being said yes I would accept Yoshi in this game were it to happen Smiley Very Happy

Sleep Matt signature
Message 19 of 24 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3659 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Is Eddy that black guy who fights doing hand stands and such?

I always played as him and a Kangaroo!

Message 20 of 24 (79 Views)
0 Likes